• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Inter Credit International on behalf of DVLA.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inter Credit International on behalf of DVLA.

Hello there Legal Beagles!

I have read mulitiple threads regarding the ineptitude of the DVLA but none quite match the odd sequence of events i have experienced.

on 27/12/2012 I got a knock at my door from the current tenant of the property me and my family used to live in, he handed me a letter that didnt appear to be the usual junk mail he usually passes on to me periodically.

I opened the letter and found it to be from Inter-Credit international dated 24/12/2012 informing me of the following about a vehicle I sold in June 2011 (18 months ago)

Dear Mr Clumsy Hero

RE: 80.00 (pounds) outstanding to our client : DVLA
    Vehicle : Volkswagen Sharan SE Registration: A111 BCD

We have been instructed by our client to obtain Immediate payment for the above outstanding amount due to them

We therefore give you formal notice that unless payment is received within 72 hours of receipt of this letter, legal proceedings will be instituted to recver the full amount together with anf other legal costs incurred

and so the letter continued.

Now not wishing to incur extra costs i rang the company and paid the 80 pounds.

now for the question:

I have not owned the vehicle since June 2011 and upon sale of the car I returned the Log Book via first class post the following day. No proof of sending was obtained.

I lived at the previous address from which i sold the car until may 2012. I had all my post redirected by royal mail until august 2012 and i still speak to and exchange post with the current tennant of my old address regularly, and this letter is the first correspondence i have recieved since selling the car 18 months ago.

I called DVLA and was advised to write to their enforcement office to straighten this out.

Now beyond getting my name removed from the vehicle log, what are my chances of getting my money back?

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Clumsy Hero
    Tags: None

Re: Inter Credit International on behalf of DVLA.

Hi

I have just received the same letter. My vehicle was sorned over a year ago. I have sold said vehicle to a colleague. Neither of us have had any letters.

Have you had any luck finding out about this?

I'd appreciate any info..

Thanks

Comment

Re: Inter Credit International on behalf of DVLA.

They wrote to me too. Some if the story is in my thread I posted earlier today. The DVLA are some of the most unprofessional people I've ever dealt with. In my case they're trying to enforce laws that don't exist and ignoring all the points I bring up in my letter to them.

After the first ICI letter I got 2 more then finally a solicitors letter from PW Moody stating I have seven days to pay or its court action.

Do not phone ICI. They just try to bully you into paying and don't observe the law!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X