• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I am worried - Parking Eye fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am worried - Parking Eye fine

Hi, I hope someone can help as I don't have the money to pay any amount this company ask for. At the beginning of December last year I parked in a local hotel car park as I had a work trial for a part time job with a local children's party entertainer. I waited 15 minutes for her to arrive before purchasing a ticket for two hours, I left ten minutes before the ticket was up and a few days later got a demand for £60 or £100 if I didn't pay within a certain period. The letter has a picture of my car arriving and leaving and I don't deny I was parked there. As I had the ticket I sent this as evidence of payment for the time even though it didn't cover the whole time. I have received a letter back saying 'after investigating there are no vehicle details within the parking system that in anyway resemble your vehicle registration'. I have tried to phone these people but they don't take direct calls unless you are paying their outrageous fines. I have read so many blogs today saying don't communicate with them, ignore them, I just don't know what to do, I am still unemployed and don't have a lot of money, the money I do have is used to keep my car on the road in order to give me more change to apply for jobs away from home. Any advice?
    Tags: None

Re: I am worried - Parking Eye fine

Hi and to LegalBeagles,,someone will be along to help you but in the meantime try not to panic

Comment

just wait for next letter, it will cost them postage, then another until they catch on you know more about the situation than they think = do not panic Mr Mannering, the other treads give the idea what is being said.

Comment

It's not a fine, it's a speculative invoice which is uneneforceable. Don't get into letter tennis with them as it only encourages them. You can safely ignore their letters, they will get increasingly more demanding and they have a special set of Red Felt Tips they use at times. If you have the time have a read of http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...86-Parking-Eye

Comment

It turns out that I didn't adhere to the hotel car park's T&Cs as I used the wrong pay machine, I used one next to the wall were I parked not the one in the car park, so I did pay for the time I spent in the car park just in the wrong machine. I have received another letter saying they will cancel the fine if I can prove I adhered to the hotel's T&Cs which I can't. I really am fed up, who reads the small print on signs? I thought if I had a ticket I had done my bit. I have no choice but to ignore this letter as I just don't have the money, I shall keep you updated if they take this further, as my son says they would only have to get in line as I don't have anything.

Comment

Ignore them and remember next time who to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Drommond View Post
              It turns out that I didn't adhere to the hotel car park's T&Cs as I used the wrong pay machine, I used one next to the wall were I parked not the one in the car park, so I did pay for the time I spent in the car park just in the wrong machine. I have received another letter saying they will cancel the fine if I can prove I adhered to the hotel's T&Cs which I can't. I really am fed up, who reads the small print on signs? I thought if I had a ticket I had done my bit. I have no choice but to ignore this letter as I just don't have the money, I shall keep you updated if they take this further, as my son says they would only have to get in line as I don't have anything.

A friend of mine received a letter from these people because they had overstayed in a car park by 30 minutes. I was about to say ignore them but clearly from post 1 you didn't ignore them. However, its quite interesting what they have said to you in their letter: I have received a letter back saying 'after investigating there are no vehicle details within the parking system that in anyway resemble your vehicle registration'.

If that is the case then you own that said vehicle and they say it does not exist so clearly ignore them because as they have said, it's not your car there so clearly it's not your problem to prove that it was. You will receive more communication so ignore the threats cos they will pick on someone else and not do anything.
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I had already appealed before I found this site and posted on here. They mean to park in the car park you have to input your vehicle registration into the hotel paying machine to get a ticket, I didn't I used the wrong paying machine

Comment

The advice stands as stated. Do nothing expect more letters and ignore them completely.
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Absolutely - ignore 100% from this point on.

Comment

Hi, hope that I am doing this right; this is new for me. I took my wife to Bolton Market the weekend before last, we go there every few months or so. As usual we parked in the Mecca Bingo car park adjacent to Bolton Market, the thing that was not usual was the barrier was no longer there, were you took a ticket and paid at the end of your stay at the machine in front of the bingo hall, I think it was about £2 for the time that we were there in the past. As I have said the barriers were no longer there and the very large car park was less than half full, there certainly was no obvious way to pay for the parking and I honestly thought that they were in the middle of works to update the car park. Anyway today I received a parking charge from ParkingEye for £100, £60 if I pay within 14 days of the 21.3.2013 for parking for 1 hour and 6 minutes. Does the advice given to others on here still stand? Should I just ignore this letter. Being pensioners we are just about keeping our heads above water at this moment without having to find this amount of money for one hour and six minutes parking. I would be very grateful for any help with this. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you for that reassurance, and thank you very much for replying so quickly, keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

There are people on here who can give the advice you need they will get back to you ASAP

Comment

I've received a 2nd letter from private eye for overstaying in Brent South car park (brent cross, nw london) by 13 mins and they've enclosed a 'change of law' sheet stating i am responsible as the registered keeper.

does the law change they spout (1st October 2012) change anything? Or can I carry on ignoring the letters?
                            Is there anything i can write back to them and say to leave me alone (i.e. me turning the tables and doing them for harrassment?)

Comment

Parking Eye have "form" for misquoting the Freedom of Information Act 2012. If they intend to go on doing this, they need to remember that it is an offence to misrepresent the law, whether deliberately or recklessly, whereby another is exposed to loss or the risk of loss. File their "Change of Law" sheet under "Useful Evidence Against PPCs". If they start making threats or throwing around N1s like confetti, a judge - civil or criminal - will be very interested to hear their explanation for what is printed on the "Change of Law" sheet.
                              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X