• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lloyds ppi claim from 1997

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lloyds ppi claim from 1997

hello,thought id post this thread about my ppi claim from 1997, any thoughts or advice would be very welcome.

i contacted lloyds to see if i had ever had ppi on loans with them as i didnt think i had ever asked for it(apart from a loan i took in 2009 in which i was advised to take ppi).turns out that in my entire time banking with lloyds -32 years -i had had 7 loans and 2 of these had ppi(inc the one from 2009 which i cancelled after 6 months when i realised it was no good to me).
    the other ppi turned out to be on a loan taken in 1997(unfortunately i dont have the paperwork) .after my initial complaint by phone i wrote to confirm my reasons for being mis-sold ppi on these loans
    1 -didnt think i had ever asked for ppi(lloyds say it was in branch but i genuinely do not remember having asked for it and dont think i would have)(15 years ago and cant remember what went on in meeting)
    2-didnt need ppi as had very good sick pay provisions at work(6 months full 6 months half pay and then at companys discretion),good life insurance and in the event of redundancy had mortgage cover,some savings,and my wife was in full time employment so i would not have required ppi.

i think if they had asked me questions in this meeting about my circumstances they would have come to the conclusion ppi wasnt needed.

anyway ,got responce after 8 weeks(seems to be the same letter to a word that other people have received) they upheld on the ppi from 2009(will repay £200) but did not uphold the one from 1997 even though my circmstances were exactly the same.i have written back a strongly worded letter (got a lot of info for letter from other posts) and given them another 14 days to respond.THEN TO FOS.(have sent to lloyds for SAR and look forward to getting paperwork from meeting if they still have it)
    THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP OR COMMENTS YOU CAN GIVE ME.
    Last edited by bjmufc; 23rd December 2012, 20:37:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: lloyds ppi claim from 1997

Please can you summarize the loans you are talking about --your other thread where you are working with CMC's--and this thread mentions different loans--

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X