• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read h

Suffering you have my utmost respect. I do not have (thankfully) any dealings with this mob however I do with another sub-prime lender and I have had my case fast tracked by the FOS. It is about time the clocks were turned on these sub-crime companies, they have abused their position for too long!!! I hope they are ALL sleeping uneasy.

The very best of luck.

Comment

Re: Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read h

Hi Suffering

its nice to see someone taking the fight to blemain

can i ask if any of your complaints have been resolved ?

WP

Comment

Re: Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation. want to fight back

Hi Welshperson No they have not resolved anything. I am expecting it to go to court, if they don't take me i will take them. I have now compiled a list of 30 complaints / allegations against them some very serious. Their complaints dept. have of course carried out an "investigation" and guess what they think they can kid me they've done nothing wrong, well we'll see about that. This will make you sit up i took the loan out in 2010 i have not made one single payment and they have not took me to court.That is a tiny bit of the story. The loan is a complete sham from start to finish. I will be persueing amongst other things, Unfair relationship / Unaffordable loan / Misrepresentation / False statment of facts / Irresponsible lender / Abuse of process / Deceitful behaviour. I could go on, i have been to hell and back. I am back and wiser

Heres somthing worth looking into, to add to your complaints, if you were not aware of hidden commission or payment to your broker check this; Fiduciary duty; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiduciary then look at case law ; Wilson V Hurstanger
        Last edited by suffering; 4th January 2013, 00:39:AM.

Comment

Do not fear Blemain / LMC. if you do you are playing into their hands, they work on fear to get you to comply. Intimidating phone conversations, misleading offers of help "if you work with them"! I will hand you over to recoveries department or receivers if you don't work with us. Sound familiar! be careful in what you agree to do. Marc Golberg (director ) asked me to attend a meeting at his office saying he would help me, he then tried to get me to agree to what amounted to putting myself into voluntary receivership, wording it to sound like he was helping me. had i agreed he would not have needed a court order for repossession, i would have been tricked into giving up my rights. Thanks for thinking I was thick marc, and putting it all in writing for me! it all adds to my evidence, of malpractice / Deceitful behaviour. Its time to challenge them, and any fear will disappear, you will become stronger, join the fight back, complain, report them.

PS. The only time i got a true understandable breakdown of my account was when i sent a SAR application with £10 They want to cause as much fear, stress and confusion as they can and then keep you there, so that they are in control do not fall for it. take control back. Send in your SAR request, with a £10 cheque or postal order.
          Last edited by suffering; 10th January 2013, 06:57:AM.

Comment

I just want to throw this question out there.
            Does it matter or make a difference who takes who to court. now i am aware the law states along the lines of, "all are equal in law" but is that true ie. is there an advantage of countering a claim or does your position have more stregnth to bring a claim. i would welcome any comments

Comment

The FOS in my opinion is a tool to use to give your complaint a serious edge. They are not a replacment for the law, if they can look into your case and agree with you then their opinion will give you an edge when your case comes to court but don't hold your breath. They are there for regulated loans my experience was barely luke warm. I did feel that they added wieght to my complaints and let the lender know the FOS had been notified of their behaviour and my account was officialy in a state of dispute. I had raised the question that i believed the loan (although unregulated) falls within a regulated loan agreement due to me living in over 40% at the time the loan was agreed and the loan was predominantly to complete our family home. However because we had built two other properties on the same plot it was considered a bussiness loan therefore in the eyes of the person over seeing my complaint a unregulated loan. so therefore the FOS was unable to look into my complaint's.
              My conclusion; I was'nt pinning my hopes of getting to far down this route anyway the fact they won't look into my complaints means i am no better off but i am no worse off either. My point being don't expect too much from the FOS and you wont be disappointed. Keep focused on a court hearing and keep looking to strengthen your case remembering you will put more time and effort in than a law firm and you will need to understand your main points, with precision don't get too bogged down with all the maybe's. Its a fight, a battle, a game they are wrong you are right but one of you is going to have to prove it. Read up on similar case laws and see if your case has comparisons.you may have overlooked somthing that will add to your complaint. If you are using a solicitor don't be afraid of pointing them in the right direction or raising points that you have found that maybe useful to your situation.
              Blemain want you to give up, give in, they are relying on you to throw the towell in, and line their greedy pockets with your hard earned money don't let them rob you. Many of us are fighting back, join us You will be happier for it.

USE YOUR SMILE TO CHANGE THE WORLD, DONT LET THE WORLD CHANGE YOUR SMILE

Comment

I asked the question, does it matter who takes who to court, well seeing as no one has answerd it i will answer it myself. If you have a shed load of money take them to court however if you don't you need to use all the time you can get, to educate yourself on your defence and counter claim. Now if like me you have a unregulated loan thats also been classed as a bussiness loan. you will find most doors of free legal advice closed. However once LMC / Blemain issue proceedings you will find them come open slightly so go back and try again. I actually phoned the court for advice and found them very helpful they also infomed me one day a week you could make an apointment or dropin to see the duty solicitor, this is free of charge. The solicitor i seen was so appalled by my story and the behaviour of LMC she said she would do everything she could to help. I received a phone call from her 3hrs later informing me of a local free centre that would offer free legal in court representation. she is also willing to look at getting legal aid as now the court proceedings changed things, and how being in arrears can help with legal aid application. do not hold back lay it on heavy your family and your family home is at risk
                p.s i have not given up with the FOS yet i will let you know how i get on
                you know the saying if at first you don't succeed try try try untill they realise you are not giving up try again

Comment

I heard back from the fos adjudicator today and my case is going to a ombudsman for a review i am trying to prove that my loan should have been regulated if i succeed then the fos can investigate further and lanc. mortgage corp.will shyte themselves so fingers crossed

Comment

I believe my loan should have been regulated I have gone back to the begining with this re looking at the details. I got the the tape out and worked out the square meters of our plot its quite deceptive because of the unusual shape, anyway i was pleasently suprised that our plot reresents 45% of the total area of 3 building plots. This is very significant in proving my loan should of been regulated. This along with the fact that at the time we entered into the agreement we was living on site occupying two of the houses. a regulated loan must have 40% occupation minimum

Comment

Was this agreement a first charge on the property ?

Comment

YES A FIRST CHARGE (and a first class stitch up)

Comment

Unregulated Loan I dont think so
                          I thought i would add. I have been trying to get free legal advice. The solicitor i mentioned earlier on here was completely out of her depth, and because my loan has been termed a business loan i have struggled to get decent free advice. UNTIL TODAY I came across Home Rescue Advice Centre (HRAC) Tel; 08003162240 what a breath of freash air. My First question is always, have you heard of Lancashire Mortgage Corporation part of Blemain finance? oh yes! came the reply. I am trying to prove my loan should have been regulated then expalained the FOS Adjudicator had deemed my loan unregulated because it was classed as a business loan. He then quoted the FSA hand book: PERG 4.4.2 01/07/2005
                          The condition set out in PERG 4.4.1 G (1) limits the range of borrowers to whom the protections of the mortgage regulation regime apply to individuals and trustees. If a company (which is not acting as a trustee) borrows money for the purpose of funding the company's business, and the loan is secured by a mortgage over the company's property, the mortgage contract is not a regulated mortgage contract. So a lender will not carry on a regulated activity by entering into that contract, nor will the lender carry on a regulated activity if it advises on, arranges or administers that contract. However, if the lender makes a loan for business purposes to an individual sole trader, or (in England and Wales) a partnership, and the loan is secured on the borrower's house or houses, the contract will be a regulated mortgage contract.

BINGO! This loan should have been regulated i just need confirmation from the ombudsman i will keep you posted
                          If you are facing repossession try HRAC I was impressed
                          Last edited by suffering; 14th February 2013, 21:25:PM.

Comment

I have removed this post and link as i would not like to lead anyone into something i am not 100% sure of. iIgot sound advice that i was happy with, but it does'nt mean there may be underlining issues.
                            Last edited by suffering; 17th February 2013, 19:13:PM.

Comment

Suffering I think you should remove the link, but watch what you are doing if this company asks you for monies, or they give you advice telling you to go to another company who are then going to charge you.
                              I will post up some info on the people linked to this “charity”

The people involved in this have history and some of it is not so good.
                              wp

Comment

I saw someone else posting that link a few days ago and thought it looked a tad suspicous as no one does anything for nothing and it could be a catch to draw you in for large sums of money. I agree with Welsh Person to be very wary.

Originally posted by suffering View Post
                                I thought i would add this link http://www.hrac.org.uk/ this is a 24hr home page for Homeowners Rescue Advice Centre for anyone needing imeadiate advice. But dont forget to add anything that you learn that may help others onto legal Beagles to keep others informed the reason i am putting this on here is for those of you that are facing repossession and cannot find a answer or need advice. We are all in this together and if we help each other we will win

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X