• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read h

Hi Vicky160985 It cant be printed here just what i think of this vile company They had over £650,000 of property off me so i know just how you feel. They know exactly what they are doing because they have been doing it for so long, brushing it off as a business deal that the customer should know and understand all there carefully written jargon. They will have over charged you thousands and then charged interest on top firstly Monarch Recoveries was a fictitious company used to pile on fees and you can claim back 100% of all their charges and interest they charged plus interest they owe you. Remember you do not have to prove that they have been un-lawful just unfair. first thing to do is call their bluff tell them your legal team has advised you to ask them to look at the account and come clean about any unfair charges, tell them they have 14 days to respond, explain if you have no response or if they fail to admit unfair charges it will be used against them in court. Just one other angle to look into was your mother aware of what she was signing (if she signed ) look at signing under duress if you mum did'nt see a solicitor separately or did not know what she was signing you may have a case.

Comment

• Re: Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read h

Hi Suffering,
      Thanks so much for your advice!

You've had a nighmare of a time with them too I see. I noticed you've been at it for a few yrs. Can I ask where ure upto with yours? Have u gotten anywhere with them as yet?

As for myself,

I wrote back to them after receivig the SAR. Took me a while to get the letter right but I got there eventually.

They replied last minute (just before the deadline )
      Within their reply they have addressed many of the earlier loans which where rolled over into the next loan and so on and so on , well this lot they have refused to address at all as they're time barred now they say.

They responded to my queries about monarch. They insist within this reply that the monarch fees where correct.
      I know right!? What a lpad of rubbish! I've read the fsa report. I'm aware of what monarch is and is not! Still I'm glad they've put this within their letter. Theyre just hanging themselves afterall.

I also asked about Sterling propertiws (the lpa receivers appointed to manage my properties b4 selling at auction) I asked why they had failed to include paperwork from sterling within the SAR return!
      Their reason......... sterling and them are not connected. Sterling are a completely seperate company who they appoint for receivership. That is why they have no paperwork from them for the SAR batch. I wud have to send a seperate SAR to sterling for those papers.
      Funny thing is, I already have a lot of original paperwork from sterling anyway. Even funnier is how after going through the letters etc from them I noticed that many had been signed by people I know for a fact work for blemain. That aside I continued in my quest to find a better link.
      Eventually I found one! I have found a site which holds the registration details for domain names.
      Sure enough the domain name, SterlingProperties.co.uk was bought 18years ago by BLEMAIN!
      It was last updated / renewed (a fee paid) in 2015 by ..... BLEMAIN.
      Considering its a seperate buisness with no association to their Together Group etc, kinda odd that they'd feel the need to pay for their domain name each year isn't it.
      It gives you every bit of info too. Ip addresses etc. So I've included all this in my latest letter. Asking them to explain!

They've admitted to some fees though. Which is a start. At least I've already got them to admit fault.
      They have offered to refund just on £15'000 that they say was added incorrectly in charges etc plus they say they will refund the interest ontop of the 15k.

I'm still working on my reply.

I have no intentions to accept their offer at all. It is ridiculous!
      However what's good about it is I'm hoping that by having this reply with this offer and this confession to adding things incorrectly will be helpful in securing a very good solicitor to look at the case. Its kind of like assurity that there's a case there I think. So they did me a favour with their joke of a 15k refund after costing my father everything! And still there's a 700k debt outstanding.

They are incredible. How they get away with this is beyond me.
      I won't settle and I won't stop. This is no longer about the money for me! This is about justice for all people whove had their lives shattered by these giant corporations!

I'm nearly there with my reply. There letter with the offer did say it was their final decision, giving way to the path for the FOS but I think I'll have this out with them for the moment. The FOS will be desperate measures. This right now is personal and I intend to stay at the heart of it at every step. To involve the FOS isto hand over the reigns. I'm not willing to do that.

Comment

You are right sterling recoveries share the same directors and used have the same address as blemain { Charles st Manchester} the other thing is the FOS is totally independent to a court decision. So no matter what the fos does or decides a court can also make a judgement i.e 2 bites at the cherry it {a court judgement is more powerful} p.s make it clear to any solicitor you are not after a low out of court settlement. The best advice will come from a barrister and the mention that you have recieved advice from a barrister will really make blemains cowboy outfit sit up, however its costly.

Comment

Good point on the two bites of the cherry part. I've also written to the FSA again. I know Lancashire are unregulated but my dads first contract was drawn up with Heywood. HEYWOOD were regulated (they've had a name change too! Now called spot finance)! Anyhow, the question I'm putting to the FSA is how they can regulate only certain companies within a group?!
          It allows the group to mislead customers by advertising themselves in a manipulated way. Customers choosing companies bcoz they are regulated by a trusted body easily find themselves with a loan from an unregulated part of the group. If anything they're acting as an introducer!
          Why can lenders opt in or out to regulation? There should be no choice! Regulation should work alongside and in support of the law. No person or company has a choice to abide by the law!
          Its ridiculous! Its pointless infact!
          I'd be more inclined to say the FSA are creating problems by doing things this way. Introducing to companies that are apart of much larger groups.

Comment

Originally posted by suffering View Post
            You are right sterling recoveries share the same directors and used have the same address as blemain { Charles st Manchester} the other thing is the FOS is totally independent to a court decision. So no matter what the fos does or decides a court can also make a judgement i.e 2 bites at the cherry it {a court judgement is more powerful} p.s make it clear to any solicitor you are not after a low out of court settlement. The best advice will come from a barrister and the mention that you have recieved advice from a barrister will really make blemains cowboy outfit sit up, however its costly.

Hi suffering,

I have just found out about the meaning to this AR position certain lenders are in such as Lancashire and I wanted to pass the info on if u don't already know of it.

Lancashire are an appointed representative.
            Cheshire mortgage which is regulated by the FCA as we know , is the principle.

So basically CMC are responsible for lmc meaning you have regulatory protection through them.

Comment

I stupidly took out a secured loan with Blemain through Vesta money in 2007. Now nearly 10 yrs later I wish to repay the loan as have sold my house. I asked for a final figure and was told it had risen to £56000.

Comment

you must ask for full and clear detailed statements of your account as they are notorious for adding unfair chargies

Comment

Advice please on launching an appeal. I believe you have upto 6 years after the court decision / order being made under certain circumstances. I would like to bring Marc Goldberg back to court for perjury, and challenge the judges decision on fraudulent misrepresentation I'm feeling refreshed!

Comment

Dont know what certain circumstances your referring to but my appeal had to be in less than a month from judgement date might even have been 3 weeks. I know the lawyers where working to a very strict timetable determined not to miss the boat.

Comment

Yes do it suffering, the time is right go for it )

Comment

• These threads are quite old. Has anyone got a conflict with Blemain/Together-I would love to know if you have.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLEMAINSAWAKENINGISCOMING View Post
                          Re: Blemain / Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Got problems? want to fight back read h

Yes do it suffering, the time is right go for it )
                          Doesnt look like it. I also am looking for info to deal with these leeches... Surprised that there isnt anything new being posted.. Perhaps they have been haounded by together/blemain/lanacshire too much that they scared???

Comment

• Originally posted by DigAGrave4M View Post

Doesnt look like it. I also am looking for info to deal with these leeches... Surprised that there isnt anything new being posted.. Perhaps they have been haounded by together/blemain/lanacshire too much that they scared???
                            Some of us are still plugging away at this. My case has been logged with the APPG (All Party Parliamentary Group) which is looking into cases such as mine where fraud is a major element. Unfortunately still cannot say a lot as my Appeal process is still progressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by veryannoyed View Post

Some of us are still plugging away at this. My case has been logged with the APPG (All Party Parliamentary Group) which is looking into cases such as mine where fraud is a major element. Unfortunately still cannot say a lot as my Appeal process is still progressing.
                              Hi all,

I have a very important case coming up against Together (Blemain) it is in court in August. This is an unregulated mortgage, and I am seeking the return of all extortionate charges, compensation for the unsolicited visits to my property, and the return of other fees, and anything else I can think off. Hopefully, this case will set a precedent and a help to others in the same position. I am a writer by profession and believe me I will be writing all about it once it is over. Any advice from others is a bonus. Let me know.

Comment

• Hi all,

I have a very important case coming up against Together (Blemain) it is in court in August. This is an unregulated mortgage, and I am seeking the return of all extortionate charges, compensation for the unsolicited visits to my property, and the return of other fees, and anything else I can think off. Hopefully, this case will set a precedent and a help to others in the same position. I am a writer by profession and believe me I will be writing all about it once it is over. Any advice from others is a bonus. Let me know.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X