• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Disciplinary Meeting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disciplinary Meeting

Hi everyone just want some thoughts on this...

I have been with a B2C company for over 2 years. This year they have started to come down on people for not hitting 100% on sales targets. Its not an easy sell and our branch is subject to seasonal footfall (ie its dead at this time of year)

I had a disciplinary in August for underperforming in the previous 3 months. By that I mean not hitting 100%. I was not the only person to underperform, but I was one of a very few called to a disciplinary meeting for it. To cut a long story short, after the disciplinary interview no further action was taken by the company and I was not given any time-scale to improve my figures, nor any verbal or written warning.

I am quite vocal and ask questions when things don't seem right. I queried a directive at the weekend and 2 days later (by coincidence) was called to another disciplinary this week about not hitting 100% target. This is ludicrous; out of 80+ sales people only around 20 attain 100% every month consistently. I have out performed my colleague in store but to my knowledge they are not being "disciplined".

This may sound confusing but in November my sales figure was 96% upto 12th, when I went on holiday. When I got back on 23rd my sales figure had gone down to 54% as they had been targetting me daily during my holiday. It is this reduced figure I'm being hauled in for. Even though in October the Sales Director of the company put out a memo changing our incentive/sales bonus scheme saying that our target is not dependent on hours worked, and can be achieved in 4 hours, 4 days, 4 weeks...the target is the target.

After my query at the weekend. I now have an email off my sales manager that states, targets are dependent on hours worked and it's unfair that someone working less hours does not get a reduced target. I worked less hours in November but my target wasn't reduced. I'm working less hours than my colleague in December but my target hasn't reduced. Clearly not fair & consistent as they like to preach. They surely have to prove that my performance is considerably worse than everyone else, which they cant.

I work 12 hour days for minimum wage. I care for my disabled mother and I also have mental health issues. The company are aware of all this, but I feel they don't like people who are brighter than the average lightbulb, asking too many challenging questions. Mushroom management !
    This is only part of their campaign of insidious bullying, I really feel victimised. I don't want to resign although I feel this is what they want and they are trying to "manage" me out of the job...its making me very ill to the point my personal relationship has suffered.

How would you play this one?? Appreciate some thoughts.

PS. I was in UNISON but when the I sought advice in August all the rep said was "do you think you should be in a pressured sales job if you have mental health problems?" I ceased my membership!!
    Tags: None

Re: Disciplinary Meeting

Sorry, you are called into a "disciplinary meeting" about your performance? I thought that disciplinary matters are to do with your behavior/company policies etc... and that performance should be discussed at management meetings? Disciplinary proceedings are very serious and must follow strict protocol - miliitant is your man on these issues.

Comment

Re: Disciplinary Meeting

Well I had the "disciplinary" and received a verbal warning, so I'm raising a Grievance with the company.
      My face obviously doesn't fit, they can't get me any other way so they're riding on the "underperformance ticket".

Game on...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X