• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help us make Friends Life pay out Nic Hughes' critical illness policy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help us make Friends Life pay out Nic Hughes' critical illness policy

Petitioning Andy Briggs

Friends Life (@FriendsLifeTalk): Pay out Nic Hughes' critical illness policy #NicsFight

Petition by
    Kester Brewin
    London, United Kingdom

Nic was my best friend. He was a hugely talented guy, a fantastic dad and a loving husband. Nic died of cancer in October aged just 44 years old.
    Instead of focusing on his family in his last few months of life, he was forced to spend it battling his life insurance firm Friends Life over his critical illness policy. Despite declaring all previous illnesses, conditions Friends Life cancelled his policy. Nic was convinced that he had given them full disclosure and that when they offered him the policy, they had done their checks. To put it simply, he died of cancer, but they refused to pay over pins and needles. His consultant is outraged at the way Friends Life have treated Nic, and has written to Friends Life, saying: "I think it cruel and highly distasteful that two irrelevant details from his medical history have been used as some sort of pretext to deny him a payment on his critical illness policy."
    This has left his wife and kids inheriting a needless battle. Nic was unsure of how this battle would turn out - but I want to try and win it in his memory.
    That’s why I’ve started a petition on Change.org demanding that Friends Life pay Nic’s family the money they are owed.
    This petition won’t bring Nic back. But it could make a real difference to his family’s future. Please join me in telling Friends Life to do the right thing.
    You can read more about this case here in The Observer . The Daily Mail have covered it too.
    Stephen Fry, Russell Brand, Margaret Atwood, Miranda Hart, Ian Botham and Boy George, Alistair Campbell and Kirsty Gallacher have all tweeted about it too, as have many many others, reaching 10's of millions of followers.
    Please sign to help change minds - people not profits. You can like our page on Facebook to get more updates, and find actions you can take on our website.
    Thank you so much.

Thank you for your support so far - almost 50,000 signatures in five days is incredible and Nic's family has been blown away by the support they've received.
    In this season of goodwill we want to keep running a positive and hopeful campaign.
    Some of Nic's friends have designed a Christmas card for you to send to Friends Life, reminding them of their roots as a company founded to help the bereaved family of a teacher*.
    Please send this card to Friends Life and ask them to do the right thing this Christmas.
    You can download the card here and then;
    • Email the card to them
    • Share it on Twitter
    • Or even better send it in the post -- Royal Mail can't be filtered by IT departments!

Over the weekend the pressure has been building as more celebrities have announced their support and the media have been picking up on how fast the campaign has grown including in The Observer and Daily Mail.
    Nic's family have invited the CEO to meet and discuss ending this dispute now without the need for further protracted legal processes. But Friends Life seem intent on prolonging the family's uncertainty.
    We want Friends Life to remember their roots and do the right thing by responding to this invitation and bringing a resolution before Christmas.
    Please send Friends Life this Christmas card and urge them to do the right thing for the Hughes family.
    Thank you,
    Kester
    PS. Once you've sent the Christmas card, you can find more ways to help the #NicsFight campaign here.
    PPS. If this story has made you think again about your Friends Life policy please let me know by emailing nicsfight@gmail.com or posting on our Facebook page.
    *Friends Life was founded in 1832 by Quakers who wanted to help the family of a teacher who had died -- yet 180 years on they are refusing to support the bereaved family of Nic, who was a teacher himself.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com
    Tags: None

Re: Help us make Friends Life pay out Nic Hughes' critical illness policy

Already signed hun, was going to ask permission to post this up myself

Comment

Signed x

Comment

Already signed.

Comment

Signed!

Comment

LOL - Their email Inbox is now full, so I'll send them MY Christmas card tomorrow, and the next day.....

tellmemore@friendslife.co.uk

Their Complaints Teams:

complaints@friendslife.co.uk

cs.sit@friendslife.co.uk

Sales & Enquiries:

flpcoreenquiries@friendslife.co.uk

fp.int@friendsprovident.co.uk

lifetimecare@friendslife.co.uk

Anybody know any other of their email addresses ?

Previously known as Friends Provident.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Bill-K; 10th December 2012, 19:03:PM.

Comment

Signed x
              Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

bill-k's card is getting sent as we speak....

Comment

Comment

Thanks Jon! Excellent Blog

It's great to see this tragic situation getting the attention it deserves.
                    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Done x

Comment

Signed and put onto my facebook profile

Comment

Signed and posted on Facebook.

Comment

signed

Comment

I have mailed Kester (the petition starter) with the link to this thread might be nice for Nic's wife and kids to see how many people want justice for their dad!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X