• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

sky delays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sky delays

Sit back, kick off your shoes and put the coffee down, here is the saga of my sister A's phone line!

Sis had Virgin for many years but they treated her like muck, so she left in October, taking her tv/phone/broadband with her. She is on Fibre optic and the initial order was for fibre optic the entire package was due to cost her £40. (special offer)

Connection date for package: 9th nov.

8th nov: receives letter saying your phone and bb will now be connected 26th nov
    When asked why, was told the order failed.

9th Nov tv package connected.

26th nov: No show from Sky
    when asked why: Order failed

New connection date: 6TH DEC!!!

6th dec: Scottish engineer arrives from Dumfries (to Newcastle) and says "I dont know where the cables are!" and leaves.

call sky to demand answers on hold for over 30 mins, to be told we need to call Open Reach, but its looking like January now!

call back 3 hours later, get REALLY snotty woman who tells me sky have been on the phone to open reach for 3 hours (yeh right) and "Someone will call back" and puts the phone down.

Call BT and ask them, giving A's number.

NO NOTES HAVE BEEN MADE BY OPENREACH ABOUT ANY CALL FROM SKY ON 6TH DEC!!

Am told its because they are ordering fibre to fibre, needs to be do fibre to copper wire, then fibre. time taken: 10mins inc transfer to right dept!

call back and tell sky, promised call nothing:

called for a complaints address told LOG ON to....

she has no internet!!!

any ideas??
    Tags: None

Re: sky delays

write to them complaing asking for a an installation date and streds that "time is of the essence" this make the installation date part of the contract .

another option is to give up on sky asnd try BT or one of the others .

Comment

We dumped Sky cos of the useless connection and ridiculous service.When I rang them for a MAC code the woman said 'oh you're better off on fibre optic!!'
      Apart from the kerfuffle when the telegraph pole gave up the ghost I cannot fault BTInfinity,,and as I live in the deepest darkest depths of Hampshire internet connection has to be stable and strong or we would be back to sending smoke signals

Comment

We've got BT Infinity at the office and Sky at home, touch wood no problems with either.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X