• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays/Lowell Portfolio I Ltd letter received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays/Lowell Portfolio I Ltd letter received

Hello,

I am hoping that some knowledgable person can help me. I have tonight come home to a nice letter from Barclays. Letter states:

"We are Hereby giving notice of the assignment of debt totalling £562.86 to lowell Portfolio I Ltd."

I have had an account with barclays but have not had a overdraft so cannot see how I even have a balance of £562.86. I have not used the account in over 2 years. Like I say, I did not have a credit facility with them of any size so confused about the amount...

There is a separate page on Lowell Portfolio I headed paper asking me to either pay the balance in full or set up a monthly plan. They would prefer to go down this route rather than passing it to thier debt collector...

What can i do to slow the process enough to even find out what the £562.86 relates to??

Appreciate the help!
    Tags: None

Re: Barclays/Lowell Portfolio I Ltd letter received

If you dont owe the money why do u need to slow the process i cannot see how you can be pursued and then if they decide to taking to court for a debt that dont exist thats the only way lowell or any others can get the debt paid there is no other action any of them can take whereby a debtor has to pay or be listed as a non payer

Comment

Cheers
      Slowing the process as I am concerned that the £562.86 could be made up of charges etc. Ive been reading that it is possible to go into credit even if you do not have a overdraft. That balance is then charged at x penalty amount perday/week...

Comment

I had a call back from lowell today. I asked them what the charges related to and could i have statement / summary etc. They advised me that they did not have this information to hand. The woman presented me with the option of a new reduced settlemetn figure (although didnt say what it would be) because they could not provide me with the information... After explaining to the lady I did not understand how I could owe this as I did not have a curent account she said that there was a possibility Barclays would allow me to go over by £25 and the rest could be made up of charges!!

Barclays registered a default on my account in September 2011. Obviously this is not a good thing. Can you get Defaults removed? this is the only ever default I have had and was not aware about and intent to clear the balance (so long as its justified)

Your help is appreciated

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X