• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent MMF help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent MMF help

Hi all,

I'm hoping that you will be able to help me out as I'm totally stressing out about MMF.

I'm currently paying them X per month over a few accounts, which are all token payments as its all I can afford which was fine, but they have now purchased yet another account which I believe may be statute barred but I still want to pay my debts off.

I contacted my usual person who advised that they were no longer allowed to set up agreements and I had to speak to the "low payments team"

I did so, and I received a copied and pasted general email stating that they couldn't accept my token payment, blah, blah, blah. This was clearly a copied email as the text with my name was a different colour to the body and the email referred to 2 accounts when I was emailing about 1.

But here is the interesting part, the agent had copied and pasted from an email chain with another client, so I have all their details including phone, fax, address and email and part of their income and expenditure which they sent in. Surely this breaks every rule in the book?

Now I am not comfortable with paying them any more money or providing further details as I'm now not confident as to how they are protecting them. But I'm still getting the threatening calls and texts from them, but never any letters through the post with regards to the matter.

I simply replied to agent without the email chain advising that no income and expenditure sheet had been attached. I have sent this twice now and still had no response since mid November.

So help, what do I do next, as I'm due to send the payments to them now?

Thanks for getting this far!!

Anonymum
    Tags: None

Re: Urgent MMF help

The incompetence of this company justs goes on and on

email the office of fair trading and write out your complaint

head your letter credit fitness in the subject box

enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk

it is very important you do this complaint as its evidence

Comment

Hi

Personally I would report them to the Information Commissioner for a clear breach of the Data Protection act.
      How many accounts do you have in total? Have you been charged lots of penalties? are the debts reducing?
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi,

i will send off an email to them now.

I was shocked when I scrolled down as that's all sensitive info and I don't want a random client knowing my affairs!

I have 9 including this disputed one at the moment. No idea as I got scared when the initial contact happened and agreed to pay them. I don't know what the balances are or if they have charged additional fees as everything is by email and text with them. They all relate to various PDL's and cheque cashing PDL's.

Im so glad I found here as I've been losing sleep over this, I'm hoping that I can win against them as they are clearly in breach of several rules.

thanks for replying.

Comment

I know you're scared of facing up to the probably scary total, but I would personally be more scared at the prospect of paying a debt forever.

This can be got under control, possibly even stopped.

I will PM you x
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

make sure the info you received on another debt is included in your complaint

just tell them everything and why you consider them not fit to hold a credit licence

the OFT will send a reply, update your thread when this happens

Comment

Ok thanks again.

Should I still send my regular payments or hold off? As if they are late I get threatening texts and emails, but I know I can ignore these now.

Also they keep offering to hold the accounts for a month if I speak with their recommended debt management group, but when I tell her I already spoke with CCCS that makes no difference so I suspect it's another way to make money from me.

I just realised that I did ask for balances which they gave me, so the amounts are smallish, I just can't afford to pay them off any quicker.
              Last edited by Anonymum2012; 5th December 2012, 22:37:PM.

Comment

i do hope any payments being made are by STANDING ORDER and not debit card or direct debit

Comment

Go CCCS NEVER use their debt mgmt co.

Comment

Yes all by standing order, I learnt a while ago never pay by card the hard way!

I believe theirs is a fee paying dmp and I'm doing a self managed one which has been great up until now. For this new account the basically want half my wages for 6 months and then we can be friends again! Lol!

Comment

Also contact the other person who's details you have been sent by motormouth and advise them to make a civil claim against Motormouth

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X