• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle / Car Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

loads more ads here???? why hasn't gumtree barred and deleted any ad with this email address???????????????????? 2006 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY 3 | Newcastle | Gumtree

www.gumtree.com › ... › Cars, Vans & MotorbikesCarsLand Rover
    • Cached

£5,200.00
    2 days ago - £5,200 Newcastle. SaveSaved; Get email alerts · Report ad. sofia333@btinternet. com on 0771923933077192xxxx Reveal number ...

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Petrol Zetec | Hillingdon | Gumtree

www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/ford-fiesta.../1039334398
    • Cached

£3,400.00
    1 day ago - £3,400 Hillingdon, London. SaveSaved; Get email alerts · Report ad. sofia333@btinternet. com on 0781637333078163xxxx Reveal number ...

ALFA ROMEO GT BLACKLINE EDITION | Worcestershire | Gumtree

www.gumtree.com › ... › Cars, Vans & MotorbikesCarsAlfa Romeo
    • Cached

£3,400.00
    2 days ago - £3,400 Worcestershire. SaveSaved; Get email alerts · Report ad. sofia333@btinternet. com on 0780183733078018xxxx Reveal number ...

2006 HONDA CIVIC TYPE-R AC PREMIER EDITION BLACK FULL ...

www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/2006.../1039292352
    • Cached

£3,100.00
    2 days ago - £3,100 Everton, Liverpool. SaveSaved; Get email alerts · Report ad. sofia333@btinternet. com on 0040789111004078xxxx Reveal number ...
    Last edited by Tools; 22nd November 2013, 01:40:AM. Reason: removed broken links

Comment

That email address has been used for months. Where the hell are Action Fraud in all this? They appear to be as fraudulent as the scammers.

Comment

ive been doing a bit of digging on tinterweb and came across this:

Ebay / Paypal UK telephone number and customer service

EBAY CUSTOMER SERVICE:

Ever had the need to complain about something regarding Ebay or Paypal?? I was totally frustrated with a transaction, but soon realised that I could not physically speak to someone! I did some research and finally tracked down a UK telephone number for EBAY and PAYPAL.
        0208 605 3000
        On ringing, you are given the option:
        1) Paypal services
        2) Ebay services

Believe me, it's good to talk!

I contacted Ebay now on several occasions and MOST of my issues have now been resolved!

It's worth a try, what have you got to lose...

Good luck

i am going to use this number to try and contact JOHN NEEDHAM

THANKS dixie2013

Comment

looks like gumtree have taken over the email address sofia333@btinternet.com which was used by the fraudsters, it seems to be now owned by gumtree-custody.com !!!, all ads relating to the above address on gumtree have dissapeared, gumtree are telling me that ads from the fraudster havn't been "LIVE" FOR 200 DAYS !! but i printed the original ad that was used to scam me which was in august, after i pointed that out to them on live chat i was dissconnected!!. Gumtree obviousley have something to hide

thanks dixie 2013

Comment

My understanding is that Gumtree is a division of eBay and eBay is demonstrably the greatest calculated facilitator of auction fraud on consumers that the world is ever likely to know; but as long as eBay gets their FVF, everything is ok, for them ...

Comment

deleted
              Last edited by dixie2013; 11th December 2013, 22:22:PM.

Comment

Good luck in your endeavours. At the same time you could point bring to his attention the demonstrably endemic shill bidding fraud that is taking place on eBay auctions; all the details at ... http://bit.ly/11F2eas
                Not that he would do anything about such fraud as I suspect that a great deal of the bureaucracy has always been corrupt, indeed I suspect that ex coppers would be employed by eBay precisely for the purpose of deflecting any investigation of eBay's criminal activities ...

Comment

Originally posted by dixie2013 View Post
                  yes ebay own gumtree, skype and paypal!!
                  Sorry, Skype owned by Microsoft, which is why it gives trouble these days.

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-hotline.html

Comment

Yay! That "Daily Mail" story says it all ... Certainly, my experience has been that even if you hand the authority the proof on a plate, still nothing happens ...
                      Still, if you find any email addresses (notice how they usually hate to receive anything by email) to which such fraud can be reported, please publish ...

Comment

I haven't posted for a while as talking about this problem is going to achieve little.

I have been reporting fraudulent adverts on autotrader UK over the past few days and I have compiled a list so that anyone Googling the e-mail address will be alerted.

It can be viewed here

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/vie...183640#p183640

I only post it so that readers can see the scale of the problem. Bear in mind that this is just one ad site and covers merely the past few days. In a month they could potentially establish anything up to 1,000 e-mail addresses and the organisation behind the money mule recruitment web sites and phishing points to a massive organised criminal organisation at work. I have also been detecting and reporting phished car dealers' pages. I have a lot of spare time and it takes a lot of time, but I hope to be able to cover other ad sites in due course. This has given me a special insight in to how these people operate and it's not unknown for them to make mistakes that give some idea as to who they are, if not their actual identities (but I live in hope).

The banks could care less because they aren't losing money but there is a way that the fraudsters can maximise the efficiency and turn over of their money mules by establishing Paypal accounts which would leave losses with the bank(s) when victims make chargebacks or reclaims, by which time the scammer has 'flown the nest'. We know that certain banks must be sitting on hundreds of money mule accounts, and the prospect that these could potentially represent losses of £50,000 each would help encourage some caution in to account opening procedures.

Victims should contact their MP who will be very susceptible to the concerns of their electorate at this period of time, over their monetary loss and the potential financial risks that banks are taking over their willingness to open accounts for money launderers, and banks have already demonstrated a profound INability to recognise or record financial risk. This is another example that remains unaddressed by any official body, including the FCA, who appear to represent the head cheerleader for banking rather than an effective regulatory body.

Contacting your MP is easy.

http://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/
                        Everyone has the right to contact their local MP to discuss issues affecting them.

.. and you can do so through this service.

https://www.writetothem.com

I don't believe that the banks, the FCA, the criminals or financial journalists have recognised the risks/benefits of the criminals operating through Paypal but you'll see the authorities act quickly when the banks are losing money.

It is so important that 'money mule' bank accounts are shut down that I would suggest that victims send a letter to the bank involved, by recorded mail, pointing out that it is a criminal offence for them to continue operating a bank account once they have been put on notice that it is involved in money laundering without official authority from the FCA and, that if you see any report of it being involved in subsequent criminal activity, you will report it to the FCA and your MP.

These accounts should never be opened in the first place, but it is vital that they get shut down to prevent other victims losing money and it also ensures that the bank involved properly report and shut them down.
                        Last edited by Boycie; 11th December 2013, 02:15:AM.

Comment

Is it OK if I add those addresses to the list on my blog? I need to go into it anyway to change my test address (the bots have harvested the list again)

Comment

No problem at all. My background is as a 'scambaiter' which is why I show the last date the e-mail was used together with the vehicle being sold which enables a baiter to go straight in as a 'faux' victim. I plan to be more active baiting them for information myself.

The object is for people to be aware and warned of the scammers' activities.

I have worked out how to spot fraudulent adverts on autotrader UK very effectively and I'll report and post the scammers' activity there relentlessly. Something has to be done.It's a tragedy that nothing is being done about the losses of current victims but something can be done to prevent the losses of future victims in spite of the complete apathy and inertia of UK authorities.

Just after my previous post I spotted this scam on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-MAHINDRA-4110-4X4-W-QUICK-ATTACH-BUSH-HOG-BRAND-LOADER-/121232871293

On sale in Liverpool and here it is previously listed for sale in the USA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181241632281&item=1812 41632281&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

The situation is nothing short of ludicrous.

On the busiest night the scammers hacked six dealer pages adding anything up to 30 fraudulent adverts to each one and I post screen prints at SW as evidence for legal reasons, and to prove that I'm not hallucinating. The consequence of that is that for every major make of car, any site search for the cheapest and best value bargain, from a Fiat 500 to a Porsche, will throw up a fraudulent advert and I know that this gang operates on other ad sites.

Victims have been criticised in assuming that dealing with a bank account holder provides some form of security, but banks do the same and Paypal will accept a bank account opened by a fraudster, assuming that the bank have properly verified and identified the customer. In any security system if your 'gatekeeper' security fails, you might as well leave the doors open. We've seen the first signs of the scammers seeking out Paypal accounts to use, and that's what alerted me to the potential benefit of their use with fraudulently opened bank accounts.

The autotrader gang hit every night, but their big night is on Friday, clearly hoping to hit the weekend shopper and I'll be waiting, as I do every night.
                            Last edited by Boycie; 11th December 2013, 07:14:AM.

Comment

Now, why can't a US farmer take his favourite tractor with him on holiday to the UK?—LOL

So much for eBay’s verifying of sellers of such valuable items. The short term of the auction is another red flag.

Regardless, if the scammers don’t get you for 100% of the purchase price, the shill bidding fraudsters will take you for a good part of the price. A most unscrupulous, indeed criminal, organisation is eBay Inc. ... http://bit.ly/11F2eas

Comment

the fraudsters operating across the pond(probably the same romanians) have rattled the cage of the authorities and in turn hopefully turned the spotlight on ebay>gum tree>paypal, i wonder if the authorities across the pond are aware of the activities being carried out by prob the same people on THERE uk sites aswell??. hopefully pressure from OUR MP'S and if/when the fca decide to get there a$$es into gear something will have to be done, there are thousands of victims of this scam but it seems to boil down to resources for our uk authorities to act or even acknowledge the fact its happening on the scale it is but when the cyber criminals attack a bank(S) its seems to me that OUR authorities are falling over themselves to catch the culprits? the banks are most likely have insurance for such cyber attacks anyway regardless of the RESOURCES thrown at by OUR authorities but when ordanary joe public/me and you losing our money through/by the same cyber organised criminal gang it doesn't appear to be as important as helping the banks reclaim there losses?? and that it very wrong

dixie2013

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X