• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle / Car Scams

Post deleted

Comment

So far the information collected from the baits is fascinating and revealing. Two have ended prematurely and I have posted details from original advert through to the last mail received at SW and I'll post them across here as and when I get time.

The fundamental fact is that victims haven't been duped by a scruffy backstreet hoodlum. This is an organised international crime network engaged in widespread online fraud and by allowing them access to the UK banking system the authorities are liable to turn the UK in to a 'bandit' economy. I can evidence this from the screen prints I have taken.

To allow them to open bank accounts is insane because they are the ones attacking the banking system. I must presume that banks intend to offload losses on to consumers, but they won't get away with this forever, and it won't succeed with important customers. As soon as the baits end and I have money mule bank account details I will post the evidence and show what I mean.

Comment

One of the most ridiculous things in this whole fiasco is that we have members of the public, with no access to the back-end databases of eBay, Gumtree, AutoTrader, etc. seemingly doing a better job of picking off fraudulent listings than the people who are paid to do so. Imagine the difference if Boycie and Buster Jack had admin access!

Comment

The thing is most people are caught by the fraudsters as we all wrongly thought that Barclays was a safe and reputable bank how wrong are we

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Whitehall.html

Millions of people's personal details, including income, qualifications and energy use could be shared across Whitehall
            I despair. Such a move would make it open season for identity fraudsters and, bearing in mind that there is no such crime as 'identity theft' and that an identity cannot be stolen, the cost of this to businesses will be tremendous.

Ministers claim linking databases will make it easier to reduce fraud

Wrong.

Comment

Disappointingly none of my baits has uncovered a 'money mule' account but I didn't make a secret of what I was doing and I am happy if what I do, and will continue to do, makes the criminals more circumspect and cautious in dealing with target victims. The more difficult they make the process for victims, the more likely it is that victims will drop out.

I have picked up some fraudulent websites and links and I'm busy writing up the email addresses and script they're using, detailing the fraudulent sites and posting them up for eradication. One interesting thing I hadn't realised is that the process is set up in a form which is clearly intended to 'phish' victims mail boxes. It's time consuming but I'm posting the frauds up at SW from original advert through every mail with screen prints at SW, and then I'll transfer copies across here as it's a valuable means by which a potential victim can see whether he is going through the same process.

It was a surprise to discover that the criminals intend to 'phish' the victim's email as well as steal their money through the bogus sale of a non-existent car. This increases the threat these criminals pose, though it's hardly surprising considering that their stock in trade is 'phishing'. Considering that they've already 'phished' a car dealer the risk they're at is impossible to judge, especially as their finances are potentially of greater interest to a criminal.

The reason I'm posting what's happening in such detail is to demonstrate the threat with evidence rather than just expounding theories. Perhaps the authorities will take some notice before some large companies suffer the same fate as many unhappy consumers.

I spoke too soon. A money mule account has just arrived in my inbox and very prettily has the criminal photo hacked up a fraudulent document for me. He hasn't noticed that I was posting up all his activities across at SW. Such a thing makes it all worthwhile. Documented in full from advert to 'money mule' account along with screen prints. I feel very smug. I'll get it reported straight away.

From now on I'll be personally recording the details and location of all money mule accounts as they largely appear to be located in one very small area of London and yes it's another Barclays account.
              Last edited by Boycie; 5th August 2014, 15:22:PM.

Comment

For interest I show the 'so called' purchase contract they sent me and I have obscured the fake identity details I used for myself. They also sent me a very nice delivery note. The cheek of these criminals is beyond belief and there's no surprise that they can even dupe major companies with their tricks.

Considering that to post many of these adverts the criminals have already phished major UK car dealer companies it amazes me that they haven't emptied their bank accounts whilst they were at it. Obviously they'd need to take it further, but the pickings would be much more rewarding. Once a criminal is in to a car dealer's Autotrader UK account their identity has been compromised. I daren't even say how that could then be exploited, but duping car buyers is actually the least ambitious and remunerative option.

When I've finished with the scammer I'll post up all his mails and details.
                Last edited by Boycie; 5th August 2014, 21:46:PM.

Comment

That's basically same format that the fake email from trager .com shipping comp in my fraud

Comment

That's not surprising 'diame' as it's all the same group operating under different identities. The more that their identities and tactics can be made public the less successful they will be. Meanwhile I wouldn't touch any company that wittingly or unwittingly offers services to fraudsters that facilitate crime. It isn't an excuse or any reassurance to consumers that in doing so they don't lose any money themselves, and that's the diplomatic version of my opinion.

Comment

That's another one chalked up for Barclays Whetstone, putting them joint second behind Barclays Edgware 2.
                      Account name: C Adoc
                      Sort code: 20-95-61
                      Account number: 20882070
                      SWIFT/BIC: BARCGB22
                      IBAN: GB58 BARC 2095 6120 8820 70
                      contact@rea-transport.com

rea-transport.com shares web server 103.244.91.43 with shipmotor.com and lbhaulage.com
                      Last edited by Rod Jones; 5th August 2014, 18:39:PM.

Comment

The account isn't located at a branch in Whetstone Rod. That's just an administrative centre. I can help verify account details you receive and point to where the actual account is located. As I said, I expect them mostly to be located at branches in a small cluster of branches in London and, if I can find them, I wonder why no one else can with much better resources than I possess.

Perhaps once I've picked up enough, the evidence will be incontrovertible, and someone will pay attention and do their job.

Meanwhile - me to the scammer

Many thanks for all your help.

I have made payment from my online bank account I attach a screen print of confirmation that the payment has been accepted. The money should be available for collection tomorrow.

Many Thank

Ollie
                        I can do fancy photo hacks too.

Comment

Do the sort codes not relate to the branch at which the account was opened, then?

Comment

The wonders of UK banks.

The banks want phone calls and mail to be handled by administrative centres that are grouped in large centres about the country. Nowadays branches have limited functions and it's why people are frustrated that they can never get hold of them. The sorting code does identify the branch, or perhaps a small cluster of branches, but everywhere you check it will lead you to the administrative centre unless you know where to check. They may have someone on the premises who does loans or mortgages but most likely it's someone who oversees a cluster of branches and will be brought in, but to all intents and purposes he isn't really a part of the branch.

Very often those clusters will share staff who may be allocated within the cluster depending on staff availability. I'm a little out of date, but not that much and I know how things go wrong.

It's no wonder that victims end up baffled and confused about what's happened to them. After dealing with a scammer trying to work out the inner workings of a bank is hard work, which is why I want to detail and record multiple scams from advert all the way through to the money mule account, extracting and detailing precise information about where these accounts are located.

This account is located at

Barclays Bank plc. 95/97 High Street Barnet Hertfordshire EN5 5UX
                            or at a member of a local branch cluster, and another 'money mule' account at the same branch is mentioned here

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...r-Scams/page30

by stevegsxr.

Once a list is compiled it's a lot easier to identify where future ones are as the 'mule accounts' tend to be located in clusters too. Once you find one more will follow.
                            Last edited by Boycie; 5th August 2014, 20:01:PM.

Comment

In view of your last post, the use of pool staff at different branches, it occurs to me (& I may be wrong) but as these fraudulent accounts seem to be clustered within a particular geographic area the fraudsters may be getting inside help to set them up

Comment

That account is now with Barclays Fraud Dept, thanks Boycie
                                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X