• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

The Superstorm description is nicked from this: http://www.caravans-4-sale.co.uk/car...hp?AdID=100251 however there are more photos on the eBay listing, indicating that it was also listed elsewhere (such as on eBay itself or Gumtree).
    Last edited by Rod Jones; 22nd April 2013, 09:26:AM.

Comment

i have just been scammed out of £1550. it wasnt a vechile or gumtree but a 2nd chance offer ebay with barclays and a lot if not all of the detailes are very similar to the ppl who have been scammed above. i would assume its the same gang that are doing everyone.
      this is the account i paid in barclays...
      Sort Code: 20-69-15
      Account Number: 03275671
      Beneficiary: Central - E.B.
      has anyone seen that account? perhaps if its been used on multiple tmes recently , there can b a case againgst barclays...

Comment

Originally posted by vadio View Post
        i have just been scammed out of £1550. it wasnt a vechile or gumtree but a 2nd chance offer ebay with barclays and a lot if not all of the detailes are very similar to the ppl who have been scammed above. i would assume its the same gang that are doing everyone.
        this is the account i paid in barclays...
        Sort Code: 20-69-15
        Account Number: 03275671
        Beneficiary: Central - E.B.
        has anyone seen that account? perhaps if its been used on multiple tmes recently , there can b a case againgst barclays...
        Hello i had the same happen to me on the 18th april second chance offer i paid money to same details as yourself i have reported it to Action Fraud and spoke to ebay they didnt want to know i also contacted Barclays they didn want to know either.

Comment

Originally posted by jamie239 View Post
          Just found 2 scammers who request payment by barclays:

ELDDIS CRUSADER SIROCCO 2006 CARAVAN with full Isabella awning and accessories Item number:181124235120

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELDDIS-CRU...item2a2bd87f70

&

2006 Elddis Crusader Superstorm with many extras Item number:251262109654

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-Elddi...item3a806387d6

I reported to ebay but the listings are still going on!!!! Let's report all of us so these scams will be stopped!!!!

I just got all the way to the spoof e:mail coming from the scammer for the elddis it is now off eBay never got an answer from the other one. What a Joke eBay are, took them long enough to take it down as you reported it some time ago. They seriously need to look at their reporting system.

Comment

I reported both to the guy who looks after eBay's Facebook page, in the case of the Superstorm I provided a link to the original ad, I also pointed out that folks on here were suspicious of the other one. He usually passes such info on to the fraud team, the reporting system is woefully lacking at the moment because you can report it as a fraud but the reporting system doesn't have anywhere to submit supporting evidence such as links. Live Chat is more like ChatRoulette, it depends who you get through to.

If you string the scammer along with their emails you may be able to get the latest set of bank details out of them. Post their email addresses here and I'll add them to the spambot-friendly mailing list on the eBay Scam Hunter blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod Jones View Post
              I reported both to the guy who looks after eBay's Facebook page, in the case of the Superstorm I provided a link to the original ad, I also pointed out that folks on here were suspicious of the other one. He usually passes such info on to the fraud team, the reporting system is woefully lacking at the moment because you can report it as a fraud but the reporting system doesn't have anywhere to submit supporting evidence such as links. Live Chat is more like ChatRoulette, it depends who you get through to.

If you string the scammer along with their emails you may be able to get the latest set of bank details out of them. Post their email addresses here and I'll add them to the spambot-friendly mailing list on the eBay Scam Hunter blog.
              For the Elddis e:mail address is goodstaff1980@gmail.com Barclay's Bank Sort Code 20-92-63 Acc No 63209679 says his name is Edward Costea and address is 16 Willowburn Road Kirkwall Orkney KW15 1NG. He is still trying to get me to buy it just now as I told him I would only pay through paypal and he said he doesn't use paypal cause of the fees and he really is a genuine seller with 100% feedback .............really. I have forwarded this to Barclay's Bank and again asked them why they are allowing Scammers to open accounts so easily.

Comment

http://findsortcodes.co.uk/sortcode/209263

Wembley & Park Royal, Leicester.

Comment

Things aren't looking too good for Barclays, here are the scam accounts listed on these pages so far:-

Name
                  Sort Code
                  Account Number
                  Bank
                  Branch
                  Jurgi Goldberg 20-27-49 23378837 Barclays Ealing Broadway 3
                  I Bunea 20-29-41 13831965 Barclays Edgware 2
                  E Tractor 20-29-41 63275949 Barclays Edgware 2
                  T Nowak 20-29-41 63463990 Barclays Edgware 2
                  V Karabusi 20-29-77 33064271 Barclays Enfield
                  A M Parc 20-29-77 43103226 Barclays Enfield
                  Jakum Bakun 20-29-77 53159043 Barclays Enfield
                  R Hustiuc 20-29-77 63902390 Barclays Enfield
                  eBay U.K 20-29-77 63957519 Barclays Enfield
                  D Dragoi 20-35-93 73303136 Barclays Hammersmith 2
                  L R Falcao 20-36-16 93699862 Barclays Hampstead
                  P Lorient 20-41-41 23503038 Barclays Holborn
                  I Feduc 20-41-41 53943542 Barclays Holborn
                  A Ciule 20-53-04 53761282 Barclays Tottenham 2
                  Christine Burnea 20-53-33 23334678 Barclays Luton George Street 2
                  Central E.B. 20-69-15 03275671 Barclays Portman Square 2
                  Ionut Merticaru 20-71-75 43203298 Barclays Regent Street 27.2
                  S Andronache 20-74-63 63614565 Barclays Swiss Cottage
                  E Solcanu 20-91-79 63357554 Barclays Watford
                  C Barbalata 20-91-79 96333438 Barclays Watford
                  ebay motors 20-92-60 5379345?? Barclays Wembley & Park Royal
                  M Tomescu 20-92-63 13549216 Barclays Wembley & Park Royal 2
                  Edward Costea 20-92-63 63209679 Barclays Wembley & Park Royal 2
                  Andrew Booth 20-92-63 93839842 Barclays Wembley & Park Royal 2
                  F Marandiuc 20-95-61 43351939 Barclays Whetstone
                  Last edited by Rod Jones; 23rd April 2013, 19:39:PM.

Comment

Things aren't looking too good for Barclays, here are the scam accounts listed on these pages so far:-

Name
                    Sort Code
                    Account Number
                    Bank
                    Branch
                    Jurgi Goldberg 20-27-49 23378837 Barclays Ealing Broadway 3
                    I Bunea 20-29-41 13831965 Barclays Edgware 2
                    E Tractor 20-29-41 63275949 Barclays Edgware 2
                    T Nowak 20-29-41 63463990 Barclays Edgware 2
                    V Karabusi 20-29-77 33064271 Barclays Enfield
                    A M Parc 20-29-77 43103226 Barclays Enfield
                    Jakum Bakun 20-29-77 53159043 Barclays Enfield
                    R Hustiuc 20-29-77 63902390 Barclays Enfield
                    eBay U.K 20-29-77 63957519 Barclays Enfield
                    D Dragoi 20-35-93 73303136 Barclays Hammersmith 2
                    L R Falcao 20-36-16 93699862 Barclays Hampstead
                    P Lorient 20-41-41 23503038 Barclays Holborn
                    I Feduc 20-41-41 53943542 Barclays Holborn
                    A Ciule 20-53-04 53761282 Barclays Tottenham 2
                    Christine Burnea 20-53-53 23334678 Barclays Lymington
                    Ionut Merticaru 20-71-75 43203298 Barclays Regent Street 27.2
                    S Andronache 20-74-63 63614565 Barclays Swiss Cottage
                    E Solcanu 20-91-79 63357554 Barclays Watford
                    C Barbalata 20-91-79 96333438 Barclays Watford
                    ebay motors 20-92-60 5379345?? Barclays Wembley & Park Royal
                    M Tomescu 20-92-63 13549216 Barclays Wembley & Park Royal 2
                    Edward Costea 20-92-63 63209679 Barclays Wembley & Park Royal 2
                    Andrew Booth 20-92-63 93839842 Barclays Wembley & Park Royal 2
                    F Marandiuc 20-95-61 43351939 Barclays Whetstone
                    Hi you have Christine Burnea sort code wrong it is 20-53-33 and I not sure it is Lymington when I looked for sort code it came up as Luton George St 2 Leicester LE87 2BB.

Comment

http://findsortcodes.co.uk/sortcode/209263

Wembley & Park Royal, Leicester.
                      Just down the road from Orkney, then?

Comment

Re: Barclays and vehicle scam via ebay and gumtree

Hello i have contacted Action Fraud i have a crime number, but i do think we should all do something to stop this. My case is different to some on here i got a Second Chance to buy a van which i had bid on, but i do have same bank details as another user on here. I have sent email to moneybox Radio 4 told them about my Fraud and that there are other people that are out of pocket by these scams, eBay send me plenty of emails to my private email that don't show on my eBay and have never had warning about scams always you might like this to buy, this needs to be stopped and for this country to start looking out for its good honest people instead of criminals human rights.
                        Last edited by AmandaB; 23rd April 2013, 17:22:PM.

Comment

Well spotted, I've corrected it and added another that I'd missed out from further up page 4.

All the Barclays ones appear to show up as Leicester LE87 2BB with a contact number of 08457 555 555. The first line is the key. You'll see a similar anomaly if you search your own sort code.

Comment

Well here was me thinking I was getting somewhere with Barclay's Bank after e:mailing Barclay's about how their fraud Line didn't want to take the info on a Fraudster they had opened a Bank Account for and told me they were ending the conversation and hung up.

I THOUGHT I was being taken seriously as someone called me to deal with how I had been treated and what they could do about the issues I had regarding Fraudsters in their midst. The person took all the details I had and complaints about how easy it was for a Fraudster to open a Bank Account etc etc and they would call me back by end of business 18th April. Well no phone call.

I e:mailed them yesterday asking where my phone call was as promised, after all it was about FRAUD and it had been recorded as as an OFFICIAL NON CUSTOMER COMPLAINT.

Later on in the day I got a call but not from the person that had been allocated to deal with my issues and complaint. I was informed they were sorry I had not had a call because the person I had been dealing with was now on annual leave, REALLY !! The new caller told me they would be dealing with me instead and asked me to tell them what my issues were and what my complaint was.

So I went through it all again and was constantly interrupted by them saying sorry just to be clear this cannot be discussed because of Data protection, no sorry that is a matter for the Police, no sorry you have been MISINFORMED by the person you first spoke to and to make it clear you should not have been told we would converse with you or discuss anything with you at all. The person you spoke with before MISINFORMED you and is being dealt with regarding this and to make it clear there is nothing we can do for you.

I asked them why they were calling and why we were having this conversation as it seemed a pointless exercise and she replied yes that is correct. I said so this is the end of conversation she said yes that is correct. I told her this was not the end of this and would take things further and I was hung up on.

What on earth is going on with Barclay's I am stunned at how they are dealing with things and this is the icing on the cake they do not want to know any info on Fraudulent activities taking place in their Bank. Absolutely appalling way to deal with things after all it was them that e:mailed me with a Ref Number for my complaint and it was being escalated to an OFFICIAL NON CUSTOMER COMPLAINT and apologised for the way I had been dealt with and I would be allocated my own complaints person. I was even initially given a secret password for when they called me so I wouldn't have to go through all the name address etc etc and what has happened to the first person I spoke to ANNUAL LEAVE OR WHAT ??

Comment

Why are you talking to mere minions?

http://ceoemail.com/se.php?id=10887
                              http://ceoemail.com/se.php?id=10648
                              http://ceoemail.com/se.php?id=75284
                              http://ceoemail.com/se.php?id=10652

Comment

Thanks for that, my keypad is about to overheat !

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X