• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle / Car Scams

Wow! That's brilliant news that the Alerts caught your attention in time. they've been running less than a week and have stopped at least 3 frauds so far.
    Thanks for letting us know and keep us updated with your communication with Alice in Fraudsterland
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

dixi2013---- very useful and great timing for me with that post...

Meenx--- If i asked you what the headers say in that email would you understand what am asking... have been looking for one of these type scammers to try something.
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Crazy Council, I am afraid I don't really understand what you are asking. In any case, please find below the email trail between me and 'Alice'.

Meenx 12:07 PM (5 hours ago)
        to dudex86

Hi,

I came across an advert for an Audi A6 on Gumtree and I am really interested in it and was wondering if it is still available. If it is, can I ask what your reason for selling is and if possible how long you have had it? Also, if you can send more pics and the general condition of the car as none of this info is on the ad.

Kind regards

Alice <alice@btworld.co.uk> 2:45 PM (3 hours ago)

to me

Hello,
        The audi a6 is still for sale in excellent condition, with no damages or any faults. All necessary documents available. My current location is Scotland due to my work commitments. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £2,500 delivered at my costs.
        The deal will go through eBay and PayPal.
        Thank you

MeenX 4:26 PM (1 hour ago)

to Alice

Hi Alice,

That's great. Can you provide additional pictures of the car? Alternatively, I can come view the car at a time of your choosing. I love to travel so I don't mind coming over to Scotland to come pick up.

Regards

Alice 4:38 PM (1 hour ago)

to me

I dont have more pics with it. Due to my location and since view is not an option I will agree for a 5-7 days of full inspection period ( after the date you receive the car ). This means that you have 7 days to inspect the car for any damages and decide if you want to keep it or not!
        Because I will sign eBay's return policy, your money will be insured by them and you will have the option to reject the deal, only if we go through PayPal as well. If this is the case, you will receive a full refund (money back) from PayPal and I will have to take the car back on my cost!
        You can read more about it following the link below:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/con...rn-policy.html

Let me know if the above return policy is acceptable and if you want to purchase the car please confirm your PayPal email for further instructions.

MeenX 4:48 PM (1 hour ago)

to Alice

Hi Alice,

I am quite sceptical about this. I never buy cars without viewing them, especially for fees over 1 Grand. Also, the car was advertised on Gumtree not ebay. Is it also listed on ebay? Can you give me the link please, as I trust ebay/paypal is more secure. Also, can you supply me with a phone number so we can talk as I will be taking a major risk paying 2.5K to someone I have never even spoken to.

Regards

Aminu

Alice 5:02 PM (1 hour ago)

to me

The listing is ended now I can send photos with details by email. If you wish to buy will get this sorted out through ebay / paypal now and the invoice will be issued and sent to you shortly by paypal. i await your reply. thanks

MeenX 5:14 PM (48 minutes ago)

to Alice

Hi Alice,

Can I have your phone number. I really can't go forward without speaking to someone and knowing this is all genuine.

Regards

Alice 5:15 PM (47 minutes ago)

to me

I am unable with phone so please use email as primary contact option. I dont use phone for internet deals.

MeenX 5:33 PM (29 minutes ago)

to Alice

Oh, OK. Can you invoice me the said amount using paypal? You can send it to me via this email and I will sort out the payment.

Alice 5:51 PM (11 minutes ago)

to me

Done, The PayPal invoice have been sent at your email with all instructions how to proceed.
        Many Thanks

Comment

• Re: Ebay &amp; Gumtree Vehicle / Car Scams

When you get the '' paypal invoice '' a copy of it would be fantastic - especially we want the bank account details to get it flagged up in case anyone does end up paying money in.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi meenx.

On your email program, whatever you use, there will be a option for iether view source, or view headers in the view options. Iether will do. It will be a long email full of computer code, so perhaps copy and past it into a pm, if that ok. I will highlight and post back up the important bits.... its to do with a boring personal side project i have going.... after you have done the paypal thing.....
            crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Hi,

I got an email that seemed to suggest it was from Paypal with the address paypal@support-customers.com (I suspect this is all made up.)

Comment

TSB
                Account Number: 27305868
                Sort Code: 30-80-97
                Octavian Zabei

Thankyou xx
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi

I got an email that seemed to suggest it was from Paypal with the address paypal@support-customers.com (I suspect this is all made up.)

that would go to whoever owns the domain support-customers.com if it ws a paypal address, it would be the other way rounf ie. support@paypal.....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++ found...

Created on 2014-02-04 - Expires on 2016-02-04 - Updated on 2014-05-02 ( looks like scammer using site since 2nd may )

Last edited by Crazy council; 24th June 2014, 18:30:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
                    Hi

that would go to whoever owns the domain support-customers.com if it ws a paypal address, it would be the other way rounf ie. support@paypal.....

I have just checked that domain and its not listed yet, but if i can find the server ( originating ip address ) . the may be in the headers.
                    Yup, figured as much. I have sent you a PM with the headers you requested.

Comment

cheers,

that site, ****@support-customers.spam.spam is probably being used for many scam types, popular at the moment is ringing people up pretending to be customer support for microsoft ect, and getting them to pay to removed supposed viruse or other scams,

I noticed it was updated ( probably first use ) may 2014, and i would imaging every email going through there is some type of scam.... so i have notified the host co. asked them to retain email data...

If anyone in authority, pulled their pants up... these would be traceable. and, so would ALL transactions.

Comment

Could be entirely innocent or unconnected but just in case emails start coming out from support-customers.co.uk the domain details are thus

Domain name:
                        support-customers.co.uk

Registrant:
                        Harry Reid Dunlop

Registrant type:
                        Unknown

Registrant's address:
                        30 Kestrel Crescent
                        Greenock
                        Strathclyde
                        PA16 7BN
                        United Kingdom

Data validation:
                        Registrant contact details validated by Nominet on 04-Jun-2013

Registered through:
                        domaindiscount24
                        URL: http://www.domaindiscount24.net

Registrar:
                        Key-Systems GmbH [Tag = KEY-SYSTEMS-DE]
                        URL: http://www.Key-Systems.net

Relevant dates:
                        Registered on: 03-Jun-2013
                        Expiry date: 03-Jun-2015
                        Last updated: 27-May-2014

Registration status:
                        Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
                        ns1.domaindiscount24.net
                        ns2.domaindiscount24.net
                        ns3.domaindiscount24.net

WHOIS lookup made at 23:53:18 24-Jun-2014
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          TSB
                          Account Number: 27305868
                          Sort Code: 30-80-97
                          Octavian Zabei
                          Thankyou xx

I received details of a TSB mule account on Wed morning, contacted TSB directly. Pretty sure it got shut down within a few minutes. It wasn't the one shown here

It related to this AutoTrader scam

[
                          Last edited by Buster Jack; 25th June 2014, 13:48:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Eyed Jack View Post
                            I received details of a TSB mule account on Wed morning, contacted TSB directly. Pretty sure it got shut down within a few minutes. It wasn't the one shown here

It related to this AutoTrader scam

[
                            Could you post up the bank details please, just so if anyone googles we can match up that it was reported on x date at x time.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Another for the list - reported

Account Agent: Carina Fabiola Pazzano
                              Bank Name: Lloyds Bank
                              Sort Code: 77-91-64
                              Account Number: 13208062
                              Amount transferred: £1,950.00
                              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                Could you post up the bank details please, just so if anyone googles we can match up that it was reported on x date at x time.
                                Send the payment by Bank Transfer (Priority Service) using the following Google Representative account details :
                                Google Representative Account Name : PAYSILAGHI (Client Holding Account)
                                Google Representative Bank Name : TSB BANK
                                Google Representative Account Number : 28496568
                                Google Representative Sort Code : 30-98-70
                                Google Representative Bank City : London
                                Google Representative Bank Country : United Kingdom

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X