• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle / Car Scams

Have you reported the bank account Rod?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Nope, you guys seem to have all the best contacts for that.

Comment

kk, I'll do the honours xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Rod is there any more detail on this one - is it a live one?
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

GUMTREE - 8014 jcb mini digger with trailer - £4250
            Attached Files
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Another Wendy Watson attempted scam foiled Just had email from a 'nearly' victim who googled before paying Shows how important it is to post up the info we have, it is working and every single person it saves from losing their money makes it worthwhile. wendy.watson56@hotmail.com
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Just a brief point but by facilitating this scam the bank who received payment are guilty of 'money laundering :tinysmile_twink_t2erhaps you or better still your solicitor, should remind them of this

Comment

• Re: Barclays and vehicle scam via ebay and gumtree

I have looked at this avenue righty, until they are aware the account is being used for fraud they are in the clear. Once made aware they have a duty to submit a suspicious activity report (SAR) under AML regs. It is something I am in communication with the banks on in the background.
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I do believe my brother had just been scammed. Paid up £3995 for a VW van, it was supposed to have wen delivered today but nothing. He tried calling an nothing then emailed and got a reply saying it ha been in an accident on route; a full refund would follow.
                    It was through Sense Direct and a Wendy Watson!
                    Can anyone offer me any advice or help as waiting till Monday is a bad idea and although he now thinks its a bit dodgy, he's holding hope.
                    Any help much appreciated

Comment

• Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle / Car Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

Hi

Can you post up the bank account details asap please and also tell me the date/time money was transferred
                      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornishpasty123 View Post
                        I do believe my brother had just been scammed. Paid up £3995 for a VW van, it was supposed to have wen delivered today but nothing. He tried calling an nothing then emailed and got a reply saying it ha been in an accident on route; a full refund would follow.
                        It was through Sense Direct and a Wendy Watson!
                        Can anyone offer me any advice or help as waiting till Monday is a bad idea and although he now thinks its a bit dodgy, he's holding hope.
                        Any help much appreciated
                        Sorry to hear your brother has been caught out by this scam, sadly I think he is best letting go of any hope and contacting the bank first - Barclays, then his own bank that he transferred the money from, then make a report to Action Fraud / the police.

If the account (Tools has asked you for the details) matches one that has already been reported there might be some semblance of hope but to be honest its very unlikely he will see that money again. It is quite common for them to say there's been an incident with the delivery company, of course you know now its just a stalling tactic to give them time to get the money out of the account before you realise what's happening.

Any and all details you have of the scam would help, phone numbers, email addresses, names used, bank account details, the back story (eg moved to spain right hand drive etc) - all helps people who try a google before handing over any money, and might help us see if the account etc has already been reported. Dates and times of money transferred and a link to the listing the purchase was made through would also be useful.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by pumpkin mum View Post
                          Yes thats the one http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...ler/1069443904
                          and yes I've reported it so hopefully it will be removed before someone else gets scammed.

Forgot to report back - 8014 JCB mini digger with trailer - it was removed quite quickly after reporting it.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Will try and get all the details requested and posted ASAP. Trying to get hold of him at present

Comment

• Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle / Car Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

Great, the sooner I get the details the better for him

Comment

Stumbled across some "bargains" on AutoTrader:-
                                http://www.autotrader.co.uk/services...00219?logcode=

Individual email addresses for each car, all @gwart.co.uk which we've seen before.
                                Presumably reporting a few will result in the lot getting pulled?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X