• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Originally posted by Lee Barratt View Post
    Hi all,

I'm currently in "negotiations" for a T5 located in Dundee, Scotland.
    I said I'd collect whilst visiting family close by and sure enough that was not an option.

I've "agreed" to have it delivered so I'll update this with "invoices" etc when I receive something off Amy.
    Still using amy@abtpro.co.uk too.

Lee.
    Hi Lee

Good luck with this and I really hope that this thieving charlatan "Amy" can be stopped and arrested before he or she rips any more people off...

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Got an update for you, so here goes.

Just received a PDF to a new email address I claimed was my PayPal email address. I must admit it looks very convincing.

Payee: Marcin Sadorski
      Bank Name: Alior Bank
      IBAN: PL59 2490 0005 0000 4001 0021 1813 Swift Code: ALBPPLPW

Do you need me to do anything else ?

Lee.

Comment

Hi all

First post here and annoyed to say I have been stung by this scam too. Already been onto my bank (Nationwide) and because the money was transferred via BACS there is nothing they can do unless the Police confirm fraud has occurred. I have heard of Action Fraud and this is likely to be one of the next avenues to try. I had the exact same template as some of you from amy@abtpro.co.uk and for some reason I didn't detect fraud until it was too late :tinysmile_cry_t:. £5300 gone. The fake advert was on eBay for a VW T5 camper and I used the eBay contact seller function to enquire about the van. All looked genuine.

Although the chances of seeing the money again are slim, it has to be worth trying.

Comment

Hi, I won the same item on eBay and smelled a rat when they couldn't answer simple questions. I found this site after a bit of research. Anyone who wants the details that they are currently using please drop me an email, hopefully it might help anyone previously scammed.

Regards,

Paul

Originally posted by Agerag View Post
          EDIT - For information

Hi,

Can anyone help. I have been well and truely scammed. I saw an advert on gumtree for a vehicle and posted my details. I was contacted by email by someone giving me the vehicle details and asking if i was still interested. I said I was and my phone number was requested. I was told by this person he would contact ebay through his account and ebay would contact me with their bank details of an interest free account and they would hold the monies until I said I wanted the car. He said he would ensure I was on a payment protection scheme where if I didnt want the vehicle I could get a full refund. I was given a story that he had been divorced and had moved to Scotland and he would pay the shipping fee as he wantd a fast sale. A congratulations with all the ebay logos on was then received by myself via e-mail. Not being a user of ebay everything seemed legitimate. I then got an invoice via e-mail once again with the ebay logos and all the assurance of payment protection on it with a Barclays bank account number, sort code, reference and a beneficiary name. The invoice had a live chat facility and I indeed used this and questioned if this was a legitimate transaction. The answer came back by live chat this was legitimate. I went on this live chat about 6 times to ensure this was legitimate and all seemed well. I thought with Barclays bank account this was legitimate to. I was wrong!!!!!! When I went back on to the live chat an hour after the vehicle should have been delived it still worked but kept stating we are sorry our operatives are with other customers we will be with you shortly but this never materialised and I was not answered. The next day I phoned ebay direct askng for a full refund to be told this was not their account and had nothing to do with them!!!!!! I phoned Barclays and told them this account should be frozen because it was obviously being used for fraudulent activities. I was fobbed off and told by a Barclays member of the fraud dept it would be passed to the relevant dept which I had, in fact, phoned. I have contacted the police and they are investigating. I'm a bit peeved at Barclays complete lack of interest in this and would like to know if there is anyway I could get my money back from Barclays as I this bank account is obviously some kind of holding account for fraudulent activites. I am quite willing to phone every day if I have to do. Advice please. It was a couple of grand I have lost. If there is any way at all I can try and get my money back I will more than willing to try this.

Yours hopefully
          - - - Updated - - -

Hi, I won the same item on eBay and smelled a rat when they couldn't answer simple questions. I found this site after a bit of research. Anyone who wants the details that they are currently using please drop me an email, hopefully it might help anyone previously scammed.

Regards,

Paul

Comment

You can post them up - could help others when googling to research their propsective purchase.....
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I am actually just in negotiations with a amyfor a Volvo D5 I have an account number, sort code and email as well . Shall I post them on here
              I knew it was a scam but I wanted to see actually how they do it
              Last edited by Diego67; 19th July 2016, 08:56:AM. Reason: Fat fingers

Comment

Yes please. If you post them on here then others can find them if searching, plus we can pass them to where they need to be to get sorted. Have you reported to ebay/gumtree, action fraud, bank etc ?

[MENTION=7]Tools[/MENTION];

If you get more than one account ( not going through / banks refused the transfer etc) even better
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Payee: S Rybar
                  Account number: 30828378
                  Sort code: 20-41-41

*Bacs, CHAPS and Faster Payments are accepted.
                  Email address is <amy@bmsapp.co.uk
                  There you go

Comment

• Re: Ebay, Gumtree &amp; Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

You need to follow this guy on Facebook - Jack Buster - https://www.facebook.com/BusterJackCanGetYourMoneyBack
                    And his blog - http://busterjack.blogspot.co.uk/

Has done wonders for keeping these scams off eBay and closing down mule bank accounts!

Comment

Hey guys, here's 'Amy's' fake paypal invoice received yesterday -

Thanks for using PayPal.
                      The seller has requested the payment through PayPal and we offered to cover all the risks for you and the seller.
                      It is our responsibility to inform Buyers about our Sellers. You are dealing with a verified PayPal member, protected by our PayPal services such as insurance and dispute resolution, and you may buy and sell with confidence in all eBay transactions with this seller.

You should proceed accordingly to complete the transaction in a safe manner.

The following is a notice from PayPal Trust & Safety Department regarding:

Item Title - Autosleeper Topaz 2002
                      Item Number - 322199689048
                      Item Price - £6,000.00
                      Buy safely using eBay's Buyer Protection Program
                      This vehicle is eligible for up to £10,000.00 in Buyer Protection when your transaction is completed through PayPal

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
                      For any questions contact PayPal Live Support by clicking here

Complete the transaction in 5 easy, secure and safe steps!
                      1. eBay accepts the transaction and offers purchase protection to the buyer (if the transaction is declined, no further action is required from either the buyer or the seller);

2. All information received will be processed by PayPal under the direct review of eBay Inc.

3. The Buyer follows instructions and sends the payment to the assigned PayPal representative bank account.
                      After the payment is cleared and verified by PayPal under the review of eBay Inc, it will be secured into a non-interest bearing trust account. Payment being secured, the Seller is notified by PayPal to deliver the vehicle to the Buyer. The Seller has 5 (five) business days to start the deliver procedure. The seller must deliver the vehicle for inspection along with the certificate of title, signed Bill of sale in the Buyer's name, all keys and all ownership documents. The vehicle must be delivered along with all documentation requested by the Buyer in order to allow him to change the registration in his name as soon as he will decide to accept it after the inspection period will be over.
                      If no delivery procedure is started, a full refund is immediately sent to the Buyer.
                      As soon as the delivery procedure will start, the Buyer should wait for the vehicle and documentation to be delivered.

4. After the inspection period is over, the Buyer must contact PayPal with the result of the inspection of the vehicle.
                      The Buyer receives the vehicle and has 5-7 (five-seven) business days to inspect it. The inspection period will not begin until PayPal has confirmed delivery of the vehicle by either Buyer’s or shipper’s notification.

5. If he refuses it a full refund is immediately sent to the Buyer if the reason that determined the Buyer not to keep the vehicle is strictly related to the vehicle's condition i.e (different from what the seller has advertised, described and agreed to sell to you).
                      The Seller will have the obligation to make all necessary arrangements in order to take the vehicle from Buyer’s possession in maximum 3 (three) business days.
                      If the vehicle and documentation are as advertised, described and agreed, the Buyer should accept it. If the Buyer accepts the vehicle, the payment will be sent to the Seller within 3 (three) business days.
                      How to proceed from this moment?
                      The conventional method of transferring funds to a PayPal member cannot be used due to the large amount that must be paid.
                      Payment must be submitted via bank transfer to the PayPal representative bank account assigned for this transaction. PayPal will secure the payment until the Buyer receives, inspects and accepts the vehicle. Or, if it is the case, PayPal will refund the payment to the Buyer.
                      PayPal representative Bank account* : Payment details:
                      Payee: I Holzer

Account number: 01479977
                      Sort code: 09-01-29

*Bacs, CHAPS and Faster Payments are accepted.
                      Invoice#: 256618189

Subtotal: £6,000.00

Shipping(Free): £0.00

Deposit: £0.00

Total: £6,000.00
                      Consult your bank or financial institution for more information on how to complete a bank transfer. Please note that it is extremely important to use the exact details of the account. The beneficiary name must be as written above. Include "256618189"on the "reference" field of the bank transfer instructions. Failure to use the exact information as stated above will result in your bank transfer being returned to you at your own expense..
                      We recommend the online transfer system, because it saves a considerable amount of time.Online Banking saves you the trouble of going to a bank and wasting your valuable time (payments can also be made on the weekends). If this is your first time making an online transfer, please go to your bank’s website in order to read about the procedure.
                      The electronic transfer from bank to bank is considered to be the safest international payment method. The transfer data are transmitted through an encrypted communication channel.

CONFIDENTIALITY AND NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT

* Do not disclose any information related to your PayPal purchase agreement to any third parties (
                      i.e 1. your seller, 2. your bank)
                      Of to where your funds are being sent.

2. The actual reason the bank transfer is to be sent to your assigned representative.

Questions?
                      Please do not reply to this email. To get in touch with us click here to enter PayPal Live Help
                      Copyright © 1999-2016 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg RCS B 118 349

PayPal Email ID PP75129164

Will post email exchanges when we are done messing.

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...own-money.html

Comment

Not a mention of how a mule account is opened using fake/fraudulant i.d? . If u or i wanted to open an account we would require a passport/driving license to use to verify our identidy.This article is rare because the victim smelt a rat 1 hour after sending funds so the recieving bank could ringfence the funds, the FACT that a fake fraudulant bank account used ONCE To receive a large sum of money and withdrawn with 24hours and that account to be never used again is evidence enough that criminality has taken place and funds should be subject to money laundering checks,has anyone had any joy from barclays getting there money back?

Comment

15°
                            SECTIONS
                            UK
                            JAILED: £1m fraudsters who sold imaginary cars on eBay
                            THREE Romanian immigrants ripped off online shoppers for more than £1million by selling non-existent cars and holidays.
                            By JOHN TWOMEY
                            07:24, Wed, Sep 21, 2016 | UPDATED: 07:40, Wed, Sep 21, 2016
                            SWNS
                            Ionut Cotavian Anitescu, Calin Serbenescu and Dorel Grigorescu,
                            The fraudsters offered cut-price goods and services on internet market sites including eBay, a court heard.*

Cash flowed into the thieves’ accounts but customers never got what they paid for, revealed prosecutors.

They also hacked into accounts of legitimate businesses, contacted their clients and tricked them into diverting cash into fraudulent accounts.*

RELATED ARTICLES
                            Daughter jailed for £120k power of attorney fraud
                            More than four MILLION cancel bank cards after falling to fraud
                            But the conmen were caught following an investigation by Scotland Yard’s Falcon squad.*

Inquiries revealed they had set up fake bank accounts to launder the proceeds of their crimes. Calin Serbenescu, 28, admitted conspiracy to commit fraud and was jailed for five years at Harrow Crown Court in London.*

Ionut Anitescu, 26, was sentenced to three years and Dorel Grigorescu, 29, to two years after they admitted the same offence.*

SWNS
                            Calin Serbenescu, 28, admitted conspiracy to commit fraud and was jailed for five years
                            The three men, all from Acton, west London, were part of a wider international crime gang, said Scotland Yard. Serbenescu was the ring leader and organised others to open bank accounts using false documents.

Those purchasing items made payment for goods that would never be received

Scotland Yard spokeswoman
                            A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: “The method of fraud employed by the gang involved advertisements being placed for a variety of goods and services via well-known online marketplace sites.*

“Those purchasing items made payment for goods that would never be received.

“Goods offered ranged from cars to family holidays.*

“In addition, the gang also infiltrated business accounts of legitimate businesses and contacted their clients to request that payments be made into fraudulent accounts opened by the gang instead of the company’s legitimate bank account.”

SWNS
                            Dorel Grigorescu was sentenced to two years in prison after admitting conspiracy to commit fraud
                            SWNS
                            Ionut Anitescu, 26, was sentenced to three years
                            Detective Constable Chris Collins of the Falcon squad said: “Their victims, who are many in number, paid money in good faith for goods and services that would never materialise.”*

“I hope that the sentences bring a measure of comfort to those victims.”*

Anitescu opened 26 bank accounts in different identities and was planning to open a further four to launder the proceeds of the internet frauds when he was arrested while Grigorescu opened 12 accounts.*

GETTY.STOCK
                            The fraudsters sold fake cars and holidays to eBay users
                            The Yard’s elite Falcon squad was set up to combat the rise in cyber-enabled and online fraud.*

Working closely with banks and other businesses, hundreds of detectives are targeting some of the country’s most prolific organised criminals

Comment

https://cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.e...in=0&storage=1

Comment

Good news Dixie, may there be many more to follow

JAILED: £1m fraudsters who sold imaginary cars on eBay

THREE Romanian immigrants ripped off online shoppers for more than £1million by selling non-existent cars and holidays.

SWNS
                                Ionut Cotavian Anitescu, Calin Serbenescu and Dorel Grigorescu,The fraudsters offered cut-price goods and services on internet market sites including eBay, a court heard.
                                Cash flowed into the thieves’ accounts but customers never got what they paid for, revealed prosecutors.
                                They also hacked into accounts of legitimate businesses, contacted their clients and tricked them into diverting cash into fraudulent accounts.

But the conmen were caught following an investigation by Scotland Yard’s Falcon squad.
                                Inquiries revealed they had set up fake bank accounts to launder the proceeds of their crimes. Calin Serbenescu, 28, admitted conspiracy to commit fraud and was jailed for five years at Harrow Crown Court in London.
                                Ionut Anitescu, 26, was sentenced to three years and Dorel Grigorescu, 29, to two years after they admitted the same offence.
                                SWNS

Calin Serbenescu, 28, admitted conspiracy to commit fraud and was jailed for five yearsThe three men, all from Acton, west London, were part of a wider international crime gang, said Scotland Yard. Serbenescu was the ring leader and organised others to open bank accounts using false documents.
                                Those purchasing items made payment for goods that would never be received
                                Scotland Yard spokeswoman
                                A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: “The method of fraud employed by the gang involved advertisements being placed for a variety of goods and services via well-known online marketplace sites.
                                “Those purchasing items made payment for goods that would never be received.
                                “Goods offered ranged from cars to family holidays.
                                “In addition, the gang also infiltrated business accounts of legitimate businesses and contacted their clients to request that payments be made into fraudulent accounts opened by the gang instead of the company’s legitimate bank account.”
                                SWNS

Dorel Grigorescu was sentenced to two years in prison after admitting conspiracy to commit fraudSWNS

Ionut Anitescu, 26, was sentenced to three yearsDetective Constable Chris Collins of the Falcon squad said: “Their victims, who are many in number, paid money in good faith for goods and services that would never materialise.”
                                “I hope that the sentences bring a measure of comfort to those victims.”
                                Anitescu opened 26 bank accounts in different identities and was planning to open a further four to launder the proceeds of the internet frauds when he was arrested while Grigorescu opened 12 accounts.
                                GETTY.STOCK

The fraudsters sold fake cars and holidays to eBay usersThe Yard’s elite Falcon squad was set up to combat the rise in cyber-enabled and online fraud.
                                Working closely with banks and other businesses, hundreds of detectives are targeting some of the country’s most prolific organised criminals.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X