Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263
Results 1,551 to 1,561 of 1561

Thread: Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Alas, I'm sad to report that this is still going on. I am usually very diligent in making sure things are legit, but in my searches on google, this website and the piston heads forum didn't come up, and I was scammed last week by a James Warner from Hemel Hempstead. I got to see his driving licence and copy of a rent slip. I tripped up by trusting him and checking out the freight company Global Express Transport Solutions ltd, and the website came up OK, and I emailed the website and got a sound reply from them. What I failed to do was to check out the owner of the website www.globalexpltd.co.uk ...registered to Anna Flynn. Not any of the names registered for the company at YouGov
    I'm sure James has had his I.D. stolen by Romanians. The account for the payment seemed like jumbled letters, but doing more research, BEZDED is a small village in Romania.
    And guess which friendly bank is still handing out accounts to foreign fraudsters? This time in Durham.
    Barclays Bank
    20-27-41

My advert was for a Land Rover Discovery 3 on eBay. Ebay took the advert down but didn't inform those watching, so it gave the impression that the seller took it down.
    There is a similar scam recorded this week on the pistonheads forum with the seller being Anna Flynn...who registered the Global Transport Solutions website. Now not online. If I discover anymore I'll let you know.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

hi - thanks so much for this forum - it's just stopped me being scammed via ebay classified add for a VW camper £5100- exactly same process with mobile phone/email contacts & a shipping company - Global Express Worldwide Limited (the website & tracking seemed to check out & no idea if this a legitimate company) I was quite far down the line, having given utility bill details but something didn't seem right - of course add disappeared from ebay & it seems impossible to report 'seller' as can't find ref. number - I did take screenshot of ebay page & will try to use it with them - no idea if ebay 'seller' was used or complicit. I have since located original add on gumtree, needless to say campervan price much higher (& prob. much more realistic but I've only been looking for few days & hadn't got price/spec clear). I will try and make some progress with ebay but not hopeful.

Mentions
    2 Post(s)

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2017/07/2...vestigation-f/

If us victims are to stand any chance of receiving our stolen money back we must start a steering group, am sure between us we can gets things done instead of being fobbed off as individual cases.

Dixie 2013

Mentions
    2 Post(s)

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dixie2013 View Post
    I have not read anywhere that, when money is transferred by defrauding a customer, the recipient’s Bank is held responsible.
    I understand that some of the customers who have been conned into transferring substantial amounts of money to a fraudster have not been compensated.
    All Banks have a legal responsibility to check the credentials by Passport/Utility Bill etc of every customer opening an account. If the account is abroad the money should not be transferred without checking with the sender.
    If any Bank receives money which was obtained fraudulently they should give details of the recipient to the police.
    If that recipient’s details are false then that Bank should refund the money because they have been negligent.
    Dixie, your reasoning is correct but proving the allegations is the main challenge. Over the past couple of years I have successfully recovered funds from the receiving bank on many occasions and in a few of these the basis of the complaint has been negligence on the grounds of accepting false/counterfeit documents at the account opening stage. By and large I need the police to verify this; sometimes they do, usually they don't. But when they do, the balance is tipped in favour of the plaintiff (i.e. the complainant). So if it offers you any comfort, I can state categorically that I have been able to secure full refunds from the beneficiary bank by proving that the funds were procured by fraud. It's a complex business and difficult to summarise here in a single paragraph. If you want to know if I can recover your money (I can go back up to 6 years for complaints and earlier than that if the bank is being taken to court), send me a PM.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the two victims featured on that programme, Mandy Larder, is a client of mine. The programme's producers contacted me back in April of this year and among other things asked me to give them details of an eBay vehicle scam victim. Mandy agreed so I gave them her contact details.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dixie2013 View Post
    https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2017/07/2...vestigation-f/

If us victims are to stand any chance of receiving our stolen money back we must start a steering group, am sure between us we can gets things done instead of being fobbed off as individual cases.

Dixie 2013
    I set up such a group a couple of years ago. It has over 300 members.

Mentions
    2 Post(s)

Hello again Jack, thanks for replying to my post, tried sending pm but your inbox is full, I'll try and send later on in the week, this thread seems to have slowed right down which hopefully is the down to the likes of Jack and this thread making people aware before they transfer funds but victims of this who have lost money aren't posting to try and aquire there funds back.

Thanks
    Dixie 2013

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

dixie2013
    No idea how my inbox could be full, in fact I can't see if I have an inbox at all.
    I might be able to recover your money, I can go back 6 years if it involves the Financial Ombudsman Service, no time limit if legal action is taken
    I have so far recovered over £200,000 for victims of vehicle scams and I have over 300 more clients waiting in line
    I work on a no-win/no-fee basis and always have (this service is only for UK residents)
    Best contact me by email : [email protected]

Mentions
    2 Post(s)

Thanks for replying to my post again Jack, email sent, I think barclays are throwing money into tv adverts telling us all to be scam aware and lead the general public into thinking that they(barclays) are at the forefront of fraud prevention. Maybe they think they can brush victims of fraud via there bank under the carpet?. What is blindingly obvious is a NON UK RESIDENT cannot open a bank account without a valid UK driving licence and or passport along with previous 3month bank statements but if your are a NON UK CITIZEN the opening account procedure is clearly flawed as the story below demonstrates

https://www.theguardian.com/money/bl...-crime-prevent

Thanks Dixie2013

Mentions
    2 Post(s)

Mentions
    2 Post(s)

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/871...rrassed-report

How ironic is this piece!!, the bank that fraudsters choose to collect there ill-gotten gains from is preaching to us on how to avoid a scam, maybe they need to do a survey on how many of there staff allow foreign criminals to open an account with ease using false/fake id

Thanks
    Dixie2013

Mentions
    2 Post(s)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41897888

is this the news us victims have been waiting for ?

thanks

dixie2013

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263