• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Sadly Wales, the invoices they send out and the accompanying "sob story" are very convincing to those not aware of these scams, all manner of people (including legal professionals, computer experts and even bank employees) get caught out by them
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thank you so much for all your assistance. A trace of the email address sees it was registered only a couple of weeks ago and appears to have been registered in Duns, Scottish Borders.

We will certainly take your advice and update you of any further information.

Comment

'Amy' has continued to email me over the course of the past few days and has asked for my PayPal details so she can send an invoice. I have set one up now and am waiting for further contact from her so I can see if the account is different.
        Whatever you do though, do not click any links in their email (ebay login or paypal etc) if you suspect you may have, go change your passwords immediately
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ohagan8458 View Post
          Thank you so much for all your assistance. A trace of the email address sees it was registered only a couple of weeks ago and appears to have been registered in Duns, Scottish Borders.

We will certainly take your advice and update you of any further information.
          The email addresses are disposable any untraceable I'm afraid

Comment

I have deleted the PayPal account I set up today and haven't clicked on any links she has sent. I did send the email to PayPal though for their records.

Comment

I asked 'Amy' to confirm her name and account details as I was having problems transferring the money...she replied with just 'yes these are correct' and asking when the money would be with her. Cannot believe how desperate and conniving this person is!

Comment

• Re: Barclays and vehicle scam via ebay and gumtree

Can you please private message me your boyfriends name

By the way, that last account you gave me is brand new, only just opened and ready for receiving some poor victims' money, now closed so thank you for that.

Comment

Got it thanks, have messaged you back

Comment

I have a new account and name sent by Amy...should I take this to the Police? This time it's with Nat West.

Comment

Can you email it to Tools pls so it can go over to the bank asap - you can report to the bank and the police as well ( although don't expect much of a reaction) .... admin@legalbeagles.info .
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

As Amethyst points out, you may get little response from the Police or bank, email it directly to me at julian.siddle@legalbeagles.info and it will be with Natwest tonight (their fraud dept work late )

Comment

I was scammed for 3 grand in august 2013,i have been down every avenue to try and get my stolen money back to no avail, just to let tools/jules and all other victims of this know that when i went to the financial ombudsman they told me that the ombudsman "DOES NOT COVER ACCOUNT OPENING PROCEDURES" ???.were this leaves us victims against global financial instatutions i really don't know? . I truly apreciate legal beagles for giving myself and all other victims a platform to shout from and everyone else who extracts potential scam accounts to be closed before they are given the oppertunity to use them but as far as victims who have already lost there money i can't see anyone receiving there money back including myself anytime soon !! .1 possible route is for victims including myself to form a pressure/steering group so we can take this to the fca as 1 large case/complaint, as going to the fca on an individual basis will achieve nothing,surely this could be done ? ,as we have all ploughed a lot of time and effort into trying to receive our stolen money back

Thanks dixie2013

Comment

I agree, Dixie.

I have details of another scam account, I'll PM them to you, Tools.

Comment

After a week of contact, 'Amy' realised today that she wasn't getting any money from me and sent me an abusive email. The audacity!

I apologised for the inconvenience, as I too hate time wasters, but any time she wanted to pay back the 7k, that would be great...

Don't think we'll be hearing much more from her, but at least all 3 fake accounts she had set up have now been closed down thanks to Tools

Comment

Hi dixie2013, I am more than willing to join in any 'Pressure' group if it means we can help future potential 'Victims', please count me in!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X