• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

disability and atos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disability and atos

The-Peoples-Review-of-the-Work-Capability-Assessment.pdf

Sent to me by my brother, its a lot of reading but shows how that Atos or work assessment have just got it wrong.
    Never give up, Never surrender.
    Tags: None

Re: disability and atos

I have not worked since May 2008 due to Osteo Arthritis in my knee, had to have Key hole Surgery in February 2009 .Because of my age they are limited with what they can do , knee replacements last about 10 years and i could end up needing three.

Over the last year or so have had increased pain in other places , had a blood test for Rheumatoid Arthritis that came back negative.

Had another one in the Summer that came back Positive , i now have it near enough everywhere in my body. Because i have been on IB since 2008 i had one of these Work Assesments in September,got all worked up and Stressed out knowing i would fail it.

Got a letter two weeks later to say i had been found fit for work and my IB would stop,untill the Rheumatolagist sorts me out no way can i work. So now i have had to put in an appeal which can take up to a year to happen, and have had my money cuts vastly while waiting.

If i do win the appeal i could then recieve another letter for another assesment for work, they only leave you alone while you appeal their decision . Then they start it all over again.

Why don't they go after those who don't want to work , instead of those People who have always worked .But can't at the moment due to ilness or disability.

Comment

Mrs Grumpy,

Did you ask for a reconsideration before appealing? Many people forget to request a copy of the HCP medical report when appealing.I have them all including DLA.
      If you can get representation you stand a better chance of success 70% with representation 40% without. Don't you just love LIMA they cannot use it with me because I have home visits

Comment

Some of the case historys make grim reading. Like many I would like to see those who "swing the lead" get the justice for there actions but surely this so called system needs an overhaul?

Comment

ATOS
          http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...ssment-1370433

Comment

I have somebody helping me from a local charity , she has had to send them two appeals the first one they lost . Even though they had already sent me a letter , to say they had recieved it.

Then they messed my first ESA payment up , and made me wait ages for it .They left me with £5 in the bank , and told me to apply for a crisis loan.

They are pure Evil , i didn't know they are watching from when you enter the building from CCTV . How you climb the stairs, the way you are sitting and how quickly you get out of the chair.

You can't win with this lost , you fail you for not turning up for the interview . And also fail you when you do go ,because if you can get there you must be alright.

Practically all i said at my interview got twisted, told her i couldn't cook for myself and family . Her reply " have you got a microwave " then "ready meals are ok " . Then puts in her statement i am quite able to look after my family.

Iam waiting for the day Karma turns up and bites Cameron & Co where it hurts the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Grumpy View Post
              I have somebody helping me from a local charity , she has had to send them two appeals the first one they lost . Even though they had already sent me a letter , to say they had recieved it.

Then they messed my first ESA payment up , and made me wait ages for it .They left me with £5 in the bank , and told me to apply for a crisis loan.

They are pure Evil , i didn't know they are watching from when you enter the building from CCTV . How you climb the stairs, the way you are sitting and how quickly you get out of the chair.

You can't win with this lost , you fail you for not turning up for the interview . And also fail you when you do go ,because if you can get there you must be alright.

Practically all i said at my interview got twisted, told her i couldn't cook for myself and family . Her reply " have you got a microwave " then "ready meals are ok " . Then puts in her statement i am quite able to look after my family.

Iam waiting for the day Karma turns up and bites Cameron & Co where it hurts the most.

Unfortunately what you have experienced is far to common.They could be watching while you park your vehicle there is evidence of employees of ATOS in car parks.You could then be observed all the way to the assessment center. I have heard of wheelchair users not being allowed to use lifts due to health and safety. There is also evidence of ATOS plants in the waiting rooms who are there to observe claimants behavior while waiting. Chairs that have been chosen to be deliberately uncomfortable. Toilets suspiciously out of order the list goes on. I also heard of a young lady who was turned away for being late despite the HCP running 45 mins late. She would have had to wait anyway.
              ATOS treatment of ill and disabled people is atrocious. I have home assessments as I cannot get to the centers even though they try and force me too.

Comment

The centre in Norwich is only accessable by stairs or lift which cannot be used by someone in a wheel chair.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                  The centre in Norwich is only accessable by stairs or lift which cannot be used by someone in a wheel chair.
                  They have been known to put an 'Out of Order' sign on the lift. Anyone who makes it up the stairs is classed as fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Grumpy View Post
                    Why don't they go after those who don't want to work, instead of those People who have always worked, but can't at the moment due to illness or disability.
                    As usual, it's politics.

The workshy are guaranteed Labour votes, so it doesn't do to upset them; the Tories won't target them either, because they will riot. So both obtain the desired statistics by focussing on those least likely to resist - the genuinely sick.

Comment

I've also heard talk of the Receptionist being asked about the behaviour of the claimant while waiting. Suffice to say the BMA are against the assessment process following a vote. That speaks volumes!

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                        Suffice to say the BMA are against the assessment process following a vote. That speaks volumes!

but what can they do about it Labman?

Comment

The BMA could refuse membership to any doctors doing this work, and the GMC could deem it automatically professional misconduct to participate in a system which means sick people's health is worsened both by stress and by poverty. Most people's heath is improved by haivng enough money to live on eg BOTH food and HEATING, therefore depriving them of this makes their health worse, which is not the effect that doctor's conduct is meant to have on sick people !

If doctors were AUTOMATICALLY suspended for participating in Atos testing, it would grind to a halt as they wouldn't have enough staff.

Comment

https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page...e=twitter-link ATOS is an absolute disgrace and yet another way that money intended for the vulnerable is soaked up for private profit whilst causing untold suffering to the very people that the benefits system should be helping

Comment

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X