• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ICO GUIDANCE ON DEFAULTS - Vital Reading

Collapse
Important !
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ICO GUIDANCE ON DEFAULTS - Vital Reading

paras 40-43 Lending code

40. Subscribers can give CRAs default information about a customer’s debts if:
     the customer has fallen behind with their payments;
     the amount owed is not being disputed by the customer; and
     the customer has not made a proposal that satisfies the subscriber for repaying the debt following the
    subscriber’s formal demand.
    41. But, in all cases, the customer must be given further notice of the intention to disclose the information at least 28 days
    before the disclosure is made (for example, when a default notice or formal demand is given). At the same time,
    customers must be given an explanation about how default information registered against them may affect their ability
    to obtain credit in the future. This notice will mean that customers have 28 days to try to repay or come to some
    arrangement with the subscriber before default information is passed to the CRA.
    42. For the purposes of the second bullet in paragraph 40, a customer dispute is relevant if it refers to the amount of
    money owed by the customer and is genuine, reasonable and unresolved. Further detail is provided in the ICO
    guidance referenced below.
    43. Subscribers should refer to the Information Commissioner’s Data Protection Technical Guidance on Filing Defaults
    with CRAs (www.ico.gov.uk).

Comment

Hello

Just a quick question,

On my credit file natwest placed a default on my account in October 2010. The account was closed without my knowledge (I had no letter about it) I went to the account online and it wouldn't let me log in I called the bank from overseas they put me to a recorded message saying my account is closed and cut me off.

Previously I informed the bank to say I am moving overseas and handed them a letter stating this.

3 months ago the default the default was dated October 2010 now a few months later it is in January 2012 how is this possible?

Thanks

Ian

Comment

The creditor can amend the default date if they believe it to be inaccurate. Obviously here it is the other way around, and their amendment itself is inaccurate by moving the default forward 2 years. You can dispute the new date with evidence of the account closure and original default record.

Obviously if you think the original default was unjustified then you can dispute the fact of the default itself, but you don't indicate what state the account was left in in your post.

Comment

Now been replaced or supplemented (sort of) by:

http://www.scoronline.co.uk/sites/de...ment_final.pdf
          Last edited by Celestine; 9th November 2016, 22:55:PM. Reason: fixed link

Comment

http://www.scoronline.co.uk/sites/de...ULY%202016.pdf
            Attached Files
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The Bullet Points on PAGE #5 not posting /registering defaults still includes the statement re default sums consisting solely of charges etc.

Used this before with success.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X