• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

fathers rights and new laws for jan 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fathers rights and new laws for jan 2013

Hi

My partner is going through a divorce and against my better judgement has trusted her soon to be ex husband a little too much. They was sharing a solicitor (which im sure cant be done due to conflicts of interest) and has now sought her own through legal aid after I managed to prove to her that he was hiding things.
    They still live together due to her financial interest in their home. Although her name isnt on the mortgage etc she is entitled to it through marital home rights.
    They had a huge argument last night and he let it slip that the reason he had been keeping her happy until the financial split/divorce is complete in jan is because of a change in law to fathers rights thats coming in to force in Jan 2013. Can anyone clarify if anything major is changing/if anything is actually going through please. Ive read that there is a change to fathers parental responsibilities for unmarried/separated fathers so that they have more of a say in their childrens lives but am unaware of any major significant changes that would be beneficial to him for splitting in January.

To cut a long story short I dont trust the guy as far as I can throw him but my partner is too trusting.

Can anyone clarify please. Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: fathers rights and new laws for jan 2013

Have they agreed arrangements for their children?

I'm assuming the primary dispute is financial/property related?

So I can't see how a change to fathers rights could affect her financial settlement, unless he's planning to get residency of the kids and deny her maintenance.

Sounds to me like he's added 3 + 3 and made 97.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

yes but even the finanical separation is suspect. Not quite sure what he's up to being honest. As mentioned she only has interest in the home via marital rights. Although they both have secured debts against the house. He is claiming that this so called joint solicitor was going to arrange papers to allow the ex husband to assume financial responsibility of all secured debts so that she is effectivley debt free. However, i still think there is something dodgy about that too. Am sure he is planing something! Hence why ive managed to persuade my partner to get a solicitor.

Well, this is the problem. Although 99% of cases the children stay with the mother I am sure that this supposed new law thats coming in that he has bragged about has something to do with custody of the three children. I have told my partner not to panic. have spoken to the police and they have said that as far as they are concerned if they were to be called to a 'domestic kidnapp' (which is what her ex husband to be has also said he will try her for if she takes the kids with her to mine) they said they would not entertain the children going back to the father even though my house is too small to officially house them all.
      Just cant help but think he is up to something

Hope all that made sense

Comment

As far as i know the only things that are changing is that the parent with the custody of the children HAS to let the other parent see them and have access without trying to keep them from the other parent,as has happened in the pastSome parents [mainly mothers] have denied access to the children by the absent parent
        The new laws mean that if they do that now they can even be sent to prison, My son hadnt seen his children for years, because his ex made it so difficult that in the end he had to give up trying,it was costing him a fortune [which he couldnt afford] trying to get court orders etc, and the ex still denied access, or caused so much trouble she would have him arrested for after SHE caused big arguments and rows, i am not sure but i think if the absent parent is denied access the other wont get child support off the other ,which is only right i believe
        My son has paid thousands in child support, and she has the house and the children,he has a 1 bedroom flat,shes much better off than him,
        I am pleased that at last this seems to be going to change,as it is not fair on the children, also i think grand[parents atre going to have more right to see their grand children too
        I have no idea why your girlfriends ex is doing what he is doing,unless he is thinking of going for custody,maybe the new laws are going in favour of the father instead of always[or almost always ] the mother, not sure on that point
        You could try googling new laws for fathers maybe, unmarried fathers can have parental responsibility now, so cant see any change there

Comment

Sorry, my post clashed with yours

Comment

Take a look at the families need fathers website. www.fnf.org.uk

If there is anything significant in the offing, they will definitely know about it.
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

hi Valerie,

that answer has just clarified another question ive just posted for myself actually. May i ask what this new law is called re the imprisonment.

Well ive tried googling it but cant find anything at all.

Just dont trust him at all.

Comment

thank you celestine

Comment

hi my name is terry and my friend is going through a tuff time, he was dating this girl for 3 months and then she cought pregnant by him and then got back with her ex boyfriend who she was in a relationship with for 4 years, she is now 5 and a half months pregnant and she been splitting up with her bf and getting back with him every week, but every time they split up she takes it out on the baby dad, she been messing with his head by still seeing him etc, her bf tells her she cant be in contact with the baby dad or i cant find out where there living when the baby is born, there moving in together and she tells the baby dad that he will only be able to see the baby every now and then because of her boyfriend wont like it if hes around seeing the baby, the babys not even born yet and shes basically pushing the baby dad away to keep her bf happy, can you explain to us whats the laws around the baby dad having access to his child when the babys born, hes done nothing wrong apart from do the right thing by her and try to support her in every way, will he be able to be in the babys life as soon as hes born as my friend is worried he wont be able to and he dont want to loose out on being around the baby and making a bond with him

thanks

Comment

I guess in fathers and new law for 2013 following changes were made.
                    - The first contains legal power for special activities. This supply would allow a noncustodial mom or dad to start activities.
                    - The second recommended law is called the Fixing Kid Admission to Both Moms and dads Act.
                    - The third recommended bill is the Kid Assistance Being a mom or dad Time Adjustment Invoice that places both mom and dad on an equivalent ground regarding their experienced child costs.

gold coast aged care
                    Fairways Supported Living
                    182-184 Hursley Road Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia
                    Phone : +61 1300 765 051
                    http://www.fairwayssupportedliving.com.au/
                    Providing community aged care supported living housing in Toowoomba, the Glenvale Villas are the perfect option for your loved ones, if they need a little extra help with daily living.
                    Last edited by Lisa23; 2nd February 2013, 19:15:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X