• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

B. Gas prepay meter fiasco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B. Gas prepay meter fiasco

Gwenlillian, I am a BG customer (prepay) and I think you can tell from the meter directly how much you have paid them.

Tomorrow, as soon as I have done my chores, I will call them myself and speak to someone in the guise of working out my savings since being with them, and report exactly what they say back.

Comment

​You can flick through the screens on the meter,,button A I think,,it gives you the amount you've paid,your debt etc

Comment

for a gas meter, press the red to bring display up, you will see your balance press and hold and hold until it bleeps.
        may go to meter index, if this happens press until it bleeps. you need screen 27 it will say GD remaining and will give you an amount.
        next 2 screens 26 and 25 will tell you how much your paying.

For electric, you need the key in the meter you either blue or black button you will see screen A, you need screen s and it goes alphabetically, so just keep pressing. that will give you debt amount, and t is how much you pay. Without the key in the meter you cannot see the debt screen.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenlillian View Post
          Hi - quick update - BG seem to have closed my complaint yet done nothing. I think my only course now is to send it back into the ombudsman. Still no usb to top up since request made in Nov. Spoke to a guy at the Energy Savings Trust who astonished when i told him about the cost of £1.30 per day to keep a pilot light on.
          Have you got a letter from BG confirming that they've done everything they can in helping you? ombudsman will need it to start your application.

Comment

Before mine was changed back to normal meter,,I had a BG Energy Trust grant,(cos noone had read the meter nor billed me for it for 2 years).......it showed £1400 credit !!

I was so lucky,,my payg meter packed up,so I asked the lady on the phone if I could go back to a normal meter (I had been catergorically refused one 4 times before),,,and within 24 hours it was changed. A lot really does depend on who answers the BG phone,,it shouldn't,but it does !

Comment

I posted B.Gas behaviour in 'another forum' which is intended to alert others and here is a reply I was sent on that, thought you would like to see it:
              "Let me guess?

As pointed out elsewhere you have an awful attitude to your responsibilities.

You owe an energy provider money but you want to hang onto ANY little thing that makes you feel less of a thief?

Seriously, man-up. You have been sent loads of letters before it got to that stage. Stop trying to claim my former employers are the Devil, they aren't, they just want payment for what YOU HAVE USED. They are a business, they aren't a charity.

You not paying and trying to duck and dive (this thread sums it up) pushes the bills up for decent payers like myself. If you cannot afford gas or electric then sit in a cold/dark house and stop dipping in my pocket."

What a horrible person.
              Yes.

Isn't it odd how different sites attract different types?
              Might their ethos reflect that of their founder? msl:

Originally posted by alham View Post
              this person is BG former staff, rather confirms the attitudes then.
              Ignore crap like above - probably a banker who's Christmas bonus fell below seven figures.
              No, the jerk was ex-BG.
              Hence, his description only rhymes with "banker".
              Last edited by Amethyst; 13th November 2015, 13:39:PM.

Comment

About one month after changing my credit gas meter, E.On sent me an "estimated" bill - for £2400.

I'd not used any gas, though, as I'd decided that using the central heating boiler for just me was extravagant. So I told them that I would not pay it, but first asked them if anyone bothered to check the bills before they were sent.

It was evident that nobody had, as putting £2400 worth of gas through a domestic boiler would have been impossible; even if one could have done it, the boiler would have melted.

Comment

Begins with....:confused2:

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
                    Begins with....:confused2:
                    W :rofl:

Comment

A:bedjump:

Comment

hi - well still no further forward with BG. It really is hopeless - they rang me yesterday to ask if there was anything else they could do???? - what. So, I have these copy bills from when it was a credit account and absolutely nothing to show their right to fit the prepay meter, other than their own typed up single white piece of A4, and I see their have been lots of reports by the energy regulators on how customers have been overcharged routinely. No right to have a statement of credits to the prepay meter, no access to the accounts online, and no USB device still outstanding from November!

Comment

did you ask them about the Energy Trust Grants?

I am told that if you qualify (and it is NOT B/G desiscion) they help by paying off a lump sum of the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
                            did you ask them about the Energy Trust Grants?

I am told that if you qualify (and it is NOT B/G desiscion) they help by paying off a lump sum of the bill.
                            Hi - I tried the energy trust last year and they refused me - as part of this current situation BG said they would send me some items for my radiators, think they are reflectors? nothing sent anyway. Also spoke to the Warm Front Scheme (before it ended) they said I do qualify for winter fuel discount schemes but BG had always said I didn't. Heard nothing more on that. BG have totally wrecked my gas boiler with their unimpressive service team, fitted a separate pressure vessel on the wall rather than replace the one inside, which is so very noisy, the boiler clunks and the pipes in the house whine and whistle but ho hum - expect they want me to take up their very expensive quote to replace. Have now applied for the Green Deal and waiting to hear. I wonder why Ofgem allow a paid service business to refuse their customers a statement of credits and debits - couldn't see the banks being able to get away with that! Or are we prepay customers too low on the scale.

Comment

Hi and thanks, I have a letter from Consumer Focus which explains their role in helping vulnerable people with their complaint and they will get back to me. I have asked BG again to allow me online access to the account but still nothing from them - 6 days and counting.
                              I posted B.Gas behaviour in 'another forum' which is intended to alert others and here is a reply I was sent on that, thought you would like to see it:
                              "Let me guess?

As pointed out elsewhere you have an awful attitude to your responsibilities.

You owe an energy provider money but you want to hang onto ANY little thing that makes you feel less of a thief?

Seriously, man-up. You have been sent loads of letters before it got to that stage. Stop trying to claim my former employers are the Devil, they aren't, they just want payment for what YOU HAVE USED. They are a business, they aren't a charity.

You not paying and trying to duck and dive (this thread sums it up) pushes the bills up for decent payers like myself. If you cannot afford gas or electric then sit in a cold/dark house and stop dipping in my pocket."

What a horrible person. I'm glad I didn't see this the other day when I was really down. Seems it has been removed now by the site but there is another and it is funny to see that this person is BG former staff, rather confirms the attitudes then. Off out to buy more gas...
                              Which forum was this on and what was the name of the poster involved, please?
                              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                                Which forum was this on and what was the name of the poster involved, please?
                                hi - this was OTR and the poster called Climate - don't know if they are still letting him get away with this abuse?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X