• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Supreme Court Appeals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Court Appeals

I had an N244 hearing, which lead to my case basically being struck out. When I went to get permission to appeal, it turns out I had no grounds. As I could only appeal the process, not the evidence so it did not matter that the witness statement was perjurged.
    I believe I can appeal to the supreme court but does this allow me to have have the evidence looked at.
    Tags: None

Re: Supreme Court Appeals

it is my understanding that you cannot appeal to the supreme court which in all sense and purpose is the house of lords.

you need to be given leave to appeal by the lower courts

thats county
    crown
    high court

the only time the supreme court gets involved is on constitutional matters as a rule now

you can only appeal on a point of law/process

Comment

Originally posted by rickierich View Post
      I had an N244 hearing, which lead to my case basically being struck out. When I went to get permission to appeal, it turns out I had no grounds. As I could only appeal the process, not the evidence so it did not matter that the witness statement was perjurged.
      I believe I can appeal to the supreme court but does this allow me to have have the evidence looked at.
      What was the N244 hearing about? As has been said before to appeal or seek permission to appeal an order you have to seek to find a point of law. The basis under which permission is declined is based on the probability of winning, ie if it's more than 50% then they will grant permission but otherwise they will reject it.
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

We need to know what your hearing was about before we can help you. Were you the claimant, or defendant? Who applied for the hearing? Whose statement do you say was perjured? There may be things we can suggest, but over to you.
        You can't appeal to the Supreme Court from a County Court. An appeal against an order of a District Judge on an N244 application will go to a Circuit Judge, but I can't be 100% on this unless you give more info.
        For the record, the Supreme Court took over from the House of Lords as the final court of appeal in October 2009.

Comment

I was the claimant, the defendants solicitor perjured her witness statement. It relates to human rights employment law etc.

Comment

Militant and teaboy2 are pretty good at employment law so worth asking them but without more info then it is difficult to advise much
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

in what way do you consider you human rights or employment rights were violated, employment law is my area but i am doing a degree at the moment which includes the human rights act

but i need more info please

Comment

I was dismissed from work without valid reason,
                without notice period.
                without investigation of whatever issues.

A third body prevented the other body from carrying this out.
                The case has gone, and it is was a mess.

If I bring it again, what I need to know is whether it is an abuse of process. If the facts are different and the laws are different. I failed in my attempt to get an appeal. Civil Process. I thought the supreme court could be appealed to but, I am informed it can not.

Comment

you can only appeal on a point of law/process

you mention n244 hearing yet this would be an employment appeals tribunal

if you can prove that your defence did not act in your best interest, professional negligence then you may have a case, but you will need some pretty strong evidence as remember, judges are appointed from barristers, they dont go against their own

it will have to be an appeal, you cant bring a whole new claim as a claim must be undertaken within three months of the cause of action

A third body prevented the other body from carrying this out

please explain the above before we go any further

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X