• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Terms & Conditions of Lloyds TSB General Insurance Limited PPI Policy from March 2004

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terms & Conditions of Lloyds TSB General Insurance Limited PPI Policy from March 2004

In March 2004 my husband and I took out a Lloyds Loan for a substantial sum of money. The loan period was 60 months. Included in the loan was PPI cover. In November 2008 my husband had an accident which resulted in an above knee amputation and the subsequent loss of his employment due to the accident. I submitted a claim and provided all medical evidence required. Our PPI cover paid the remaining 3 installments due on the loan BUT at no time during this process was reference made to the fact that he was due a payout under the "Accidental Permanent Total Disability" cover section. It was only in April 2012 whilst reading Martin Lewis' website that I realised we had been fleeced by the bank yet again. I requested a copy of the original PPI terms and conditions of the agreement. I received a breakdown of all my payments and a copy of our bank agreement with a letter that states "We have satisfied our obligation to provide a copy of the executed agreement under section 77 and we will not be entering into any further correspondence with you regarding the provision of copy agreements". I continued to communicate with the bank and they eventually agreed to revisit this case. Yesterday I received a letter stating they would pay out (apologies my Pound Sign does not work anymore) 5000.00 as the original policy term was for 5 years or more and a further 1759.00 being 8% interest (simple, not compound!!) and an incovenience fee of 250.00. However, I still do not know if this amount is the actual amount that could have been claimed in the event of total and permanent disability and I need a copy of the actual payout schedule to make sure we are receiving the correct payment. I also claimed that the policy was mis-sold as the terms and conditions were not explained to us - if they were we would have been aware that we had cover against accidental permanent total disability. This section of my claim was rejected. Can anyone tell me where or how I can get a copy of the "payment section" from a 2004 PPI Loan schedule. Any advise concerning the above would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Terms & Conditions of Lloyds TSB General Insurance Limited PPI Policy from March

Hi there

And welcome.

Have you tried requesting for the paperwork by sending a Subject access Request (SAR)?

Lloyds sent me data going all the way back to the mid 90's when I requested a SAR.

With you you enclose the one payment of £10 cheque or postal order, and if you bank with them, by using the bank account number on the SAR letter, they should provide details of everything that has been taken out with the bank, loans, credits cards and so on....
    They have up to 40 calendar days to comply.

I will try finding the link for the template, unless one of our good folks here find it before me. (Mu puter is running very slow at present).:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Re: Terms & Conditions of Lloyds TSB General Insurance Limited PPI Policy from March

hello, I have the one below from the moneysaving experts website but to be quite honest I have seen a better one done by Di30 somewhere on this forum

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Date: xxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam
      Name xxxxxxxxxxxx
      Account No’sXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems with regard to personal loan accounts and credit cards accounts

I would be grateful if you would provide the following for ALL accounts or associated accounts I hold or have held with your organisation:
      1. Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organisation, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.
      2. A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL of my Loan Accounts with your organisation.
      3. Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.
      4. Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.
      5. Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.
      6. Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.
      7. Underwriting sheet or other such document recording any commission (or other) payment made to an intermediary or packager, and/or payment/commission from the insurer in relation to my account.

Where you have used abbreviations and/or codes, I would request that an accompanying sheet be provided so as to translate these abbreviations and/or codes and their meanings, I also request an accompanying appendices of the documents included and reference to the purpose or meaning to those documents.

I request that you provide all the information requested above, even though you may consider that it falls outside Data Protection.

I reserve the right to refer to the contents of this letter if an application for pre-action discovery is necessary relating to any of the documents requested herein.

I enclose a cheque in the sum of £10 to cover your fee.

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIALTELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROTECTION.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.

Your Faithfully.

.................................................. .................................................. .......................
      Details of:
      SAR (SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST)

For anyone requesting a Subject Access Request (SAR), they have 40 days to comply and send you all the information they have on you on your accounts.

£10 cheque payment or postal order is required.

Always post by recorded delivery.

When you receive the SAR, you should receive all that is requested within the template, if in doubt just post up here where someone will be able to confirm what is what.

You will or should receive all information going back as far as 6 years, you may be lucky to receive information going back even further, every company varies from one to the other.

Write again to the company if you believe they have not given everything requested, they should write back within a short time and confirm if that is everything they do have on you and your account(s) with them.

You do not always receive recorded discs, however phone calls made Jan 2005 after may have been recorded, where they may then supply the recordings, but otherwise you should receive transcripts of dates, times etc of when calls were made and the reasons for the phone calls.

If there were a joint loan taken out, and you both require details, most companies will want 2 payments of £10 x 2 = £20 cheque or postal order and require 2 signatures, check this with the company concerned to save on time and any come backs.

Again if you feel let down you can always contact the Information commissioners Office, known as the ICO who will be able to direct you here, here is the ICO website for your interest, check this out, as more information will be within their website.
      http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public.aspx

Comment

Thank you for responding. I did not use a SAR form to request the information, I will get onto it right now.

Comment

Heres another

OUR ADDRESS
          YOUR POST TOWN
          YOUR POSTCODE

BANKS NAME
          BANKS ADDRESS
          BANKS POSTCODE

Date

Account No: XXXXXXXX Sort Code: XX XX XX

Dear Sir/Madam

D
          ata Protection Act disclosure request

Under the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998, and including the right of subject access under these acts, please supply me with all data that your company holds relating to my entire account history. Please include details of all transactions, and a copy of the original contract by which this account is/was governed at the time it was opened including all amendments made to the contract terms since opening the account.

I would also like a schedule of all charges & interest applied to my account(s) including details of any instances that required manual intervention. If you are unable to provide this specific information, copy statements will suffice.

All data, including data held on a microfiche must be provided within a reasonable timescale, a maximum of 40 days.

It seems a lot of banks are also wrongly interpreting the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 as a requirement to only disclose six years worth of personal data, and this is also wholly wrong. The DPA clearly states that all information held must be disclosed and it has no correlation to the Limitation act 1980 at all. If you no longer hold data beyond 6 years however, I would like a signed declaration from your data controller and a copy of all documents pertaining to its proper disposal.

Whilst not exhaustive and for the avoidance of doubt I shall list what I require:

* Full copies of all contracts that exist between myself and your organisation; including copies of any documents you hold in support of same.

* Copies of all statements relating to the above accounts.

* Copies of all correspondence, including all letters, faxes, emails and memos sent and received between ourselves, and any other third party in relation to any of the above accounts.

* Copies of any telephone recordings and/or transcripts of these recordings as well as any logs or journals that relate to them.

* Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contracts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

* Full details and copies of any documents upon which you relied when you have provided my personal or financial information to any individual, organisation or third party.

* Full copies or transcripts of any computer logs or database records kept in relation to myself or in relation to my financial or personal information.

*Details of all systems you currently have in place to ensure my personal or financial information is kept securely, including details of those officers who currently have control of same, and at the time it was held or provided to a third party.

* Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, reason for deletion, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

I enclose the maximum statutory fee of £10 in the form of a postal order.

You have 40 days to comply with this request.

If you fail to comply fully I shall enter a formal complaint with the Information Commissioners Office which could result in a fine and prosecution.

Yours faithfully,

Your name

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X