• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice black horse hire purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice black horse hire purchase

Hi guys

just joined, must say what a great helpfull forum this is

right need some advice please, basically i bought a vehicle in march 2009
    which was on hire purchase financed by black horse, total amount including interest
    was 34,610.60 over 5 years, 575.26 per month

problem is because ive been off work etc i fell in arrears, & now black horse have raised
    my montly repayments to 987 each month, which i cant afford due to other bills/mortgage etc

so considering intial amount was 34,610.60 i have so far payed atleast 17k back
    outstanding balance is around 16k. i have 17 x 987 remaining until 03/14

As ive paid half amount would i be able to VT vehicle back to black horse or would i have to pay complete amount ? on my agreement it says non regulated fixed rate
    also no pp included

thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Advice black horse hire purchase

well for a start as its 2009 then its a regulated agreement as all credit agreements became regulated on or after 6th april 2008

their should be a termination figure on the agreement stating what the half way point and the option to do a voluntary termination

please dont confuse with voluntary surrender
    Last edited by miliitant; 12th November 2012, 19:29:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
      well for a start as its 2009 then its a regulated agreement as all credit agreements became regulated on or after 6th april 2008

their should be a termination figure on the agreement stating what the half way point and the option to do a voluntary termination

please dont confuse with voluntary surrender

Hi

there is no mention of termination figure at half point
      all it says is if i decide to end agreement at anytime i would have to pay
      the whole amount which is 58 x 575 according to the agreement copy i have

also there is no signature at all, agreement is reg by cc act 1974 if that makes any difference
      all i want to do is return vehicle as long as i dont have to pay remaining balance of 17k
      taking in account i have paid half amount already of 17k

all help appreciated in advance

Comment

what does it say at the top of the agreement something like

hire purchase agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974

Comment

what does it say at the top of the agreement something like

hire purchase agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974
          have attached pic
          Attached Files

Comment

this realy is your lucky day

you may even get to keep the car as in a sense their is no agreement

that agreement states its a hire purchase agreement, NOT REGULATED BY THE CCA 1974

as long as you signed the agreement after april 2008, its game over for black horse

Comment

Is it a business agreement?

Comment

this realy is your lucky day

you may even get to keep the car as in a sense their is no agreement

that agreement states its a hire purchase agreement, NOT REGULATED BY THE CCA 1974

as long as you signed the agreement after april 2008, its game over for black horse

agreement started in march 2009 so what do you recommend i do next ?
                as the vehicle is a taxi london cab which i use for work, however i still cant afford 987 repayment a month plus other bills, id rather return cab & buy cheaper one cash

Originally posted by alham View Post
                Is it a business agreement?
                not sure to be honest doesnt mention business anywhere on agreement
                but vehicle is a london cab which i use to work

Comment

for a start and to begin with i would be sending black horse a letter asking for an explanation as to why it states its a non regulated agreement under the cca 1974 in that all agreements became regulated after april 2008 with the protection that entails

i think the dealer where you bought the vehicle from made a mistake and used an old agreement form, black horse should have picked this up or chose to ignore it

Comment

yup, looks like an old form

Comment

for a start and to begin with i would be sending black horse a letter asking for an explanation as to why it states its a non regulated agreement under the cca 1974 in that all agreements became regulated after april 2008 with the protection that entails

i think the dealer where you bought the vehicle from made a mistake and used an old agreement form, black horse should have picked this up or chose to ignore it
                      so would this work in my favour returning vehicle without paying remaining balance

also when you say there is no agreement can you elaborate please
                      thanks, really apreciate all the advice/help.

Comment

Deleted
                        Last edited by labman; 13th November 2012, 21:33:PM.

Comment

is it a business loan though (sole trader)

i am sure there must be some sort of caveat in the t&c

there is no mention though on it being a busines loan or am i missing something ???

Comment

please see another pic attached below
                            thats only part where agreement mentions business, even though i purchased as a indivisual
                            may be thats classed as a sole trader ?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Deleted
                              Last edited by labman; 13th November 2012, 21:33:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X