• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Underwriter success PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Underwriter success PPI

Looks like fingers and toes crossed then.
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Well iv emaild and posted (recorded) letters to both Aviva and Cardiff pinnacel Cheif executives,
      So its just a waiting game!!!!
      Gill x

Comment

Good luck
        DT x

Comment

Thanks| Iv had an email this morning to say Paul Glen the CE is out of the office untull the 25th of feb, and will respnd to message then. Hope his esponce is as quick, nothing from Aviva CEO yet.
          Gill x

Comment

Ok we will keep each other posted!

Comment

Hi everyone
              Had this email from Paul Glens office the ceo, he is out of his office untill Monday bu one of his assistants wrote -

I am writing to confirm receipt of your e-mail and to let you know the matter is currently being investigated. I would hope to be able to respond to you in respect of all the accounts by early next week and thank you for your patience in the meantime

Fingers still crossed.
              Gill x

Comment

Update
                Hi every one this is an email i received today-

" You have identified a number of agreements and these are currently being reviewed. I am aware that whilst we are the underwriter in most cases several of the agreements relate to GE sold products and as such GE are responsible for considering these cases. This is in line with a formal agreement that is in place between GE Money and ourselves, and as such we often work closely with GE Money in order to reach resolution for our mutual customers. To this end I have asked my contact at GE to review your agreements with regard to the mis-sell complaints we forwarded to them. I have spoken to her today and this is still being undertaken, but with the benefit of good timing she is also visiting our offices tomorrow morning so this will be a matter for discussion and update then"

Any ideas of what this could mean????!!!!
                Gill x

Comment

Forgot to mention I had a letter from Aviva, as follows

" As previously stated we are not responsible for investigating the sale of your PPI (two policies from 2000) and no further action will be taken. Also you state you have contacted the the FOS, if we shouild be approached by them, we will ask them to dismiss the matter on the basis we have no responsibiltyu of you PPi sale" So if First National - GE money sold me the policy, and they were not regulated, surely Aviva who were should not have dealings with G E money. ?
                  Any ideas what to do next PLEASE.
                  Gill x

Comment

Gill, so it is possible they were not the actual underwriter/insurer when it was sold to you perhaps?

Mine was First National/GE, and wondering if they were Genworth insurers like mine??

Comment

Mine is definetly Norwich Union and Direct Group.
                      Nothing for a while from FOS?

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                        Mine is definetly Norwich Union and Direct Group.
                        Nothing for a while from FOS?
                        Hiya
                        so when was the last update from the FOS? they seem to be taking ages..........
                        I thought they supposed to update on a 2 monthly basis, so if they have not done so, I would contact them just in case.
                        If you've been receiving your correspondence by post, you can instead ask for future correspendence to be sent by email if you wish, I did and they did keep to that when I had issues being dealt with by them.
                        It could be by email attachment of plain email, at least this way they have no excuses on the hard copy postal delays ;-)x

Comment

Must have been December Di.
                          Will phone them on Monday

Comment

Originally posted by gillwall View Post
                            Update
                            Hi every one this is an email i received today-

" You have identified a number of agreements and these are currently being reviewed. I am aware that whilst we are the underwriter in most cases several of the agreements relate to GE sold products and as such GE are responsible for considering these cases. This is in line with a formal agreement that is in place between GE Money and ourselves, and as such we often work closely with GE Money in order to reach resolution for our mutual customers. To this end I have asked my contact at GE to review your agreements with regard to the mis-sell complaints we forwarded to them. I have spoken to her today and this is still being undertaken, but with the benefit of good timing she is also visiting our offices tomorrow morning so this will be a matter for discussion and update then"

Any ideas of what this could mean????!!!!
                            Gill x
                            Hi Gill
                            As via your other thread, is this the one you queried me on?

So it looks like they are saying even though it was not actually sold by them, they do have links with them, so in otherwords a relationship with the business because of the insurance, for that matter they matter(s) will be looked into, so if you had a few covers that were underwritten by the same business, they look into them all, as required by the FSA.
                            With them also being regulated as well (underwriters) they are aware that if your not happy you can take the matter to the FOS, so in this case they will be looking into the complaints.

So as my underwriter also contacted the broker (GE) in my case as well and for the details of the account, it was decided as they agreed to pay out on the policy, but paid out by the insurer.
                            So as in the letter you used although it's not directed at the insurer for mis selling but it does point out that they do also have some responsible liabilities when a policy was sold to you etc etc ;-)

So I take it your still waiting for feedback then, since yesterday's email from them? x

Comment

Sorry Di I should have said post 38 - Yes i used the letter you posted to me, (Brilliant) aded bits here and there, such as the hardship the mis-sel has caused our family, pointed out 5 reasons it was mis-sold, all were single premiums policys, (7) and huppy is self employed, I could go on. Finaly i also asked for compensation for the hardship suffered in the past 6 years. I also stated that the three loans that are still active, are almost as much as when they were taken out in 2003/4, with all the interes added and default charges aplied.
                              Still havn't had an update today but no news is good news - I HOPE.
                              Thanks
                              Gill x

Comment

Originally posted by gillwall View Post
                                Forgot to mention I had a letter from Aviva, as follows

" As previously stated we are not responsible for investigating the sale of your PPI (two policies from 2000) and no further action will be taken. Also you state you have contacted the the FOS, if we shouild be approached by them, we will ask them to dismiss the matter on the basis we have no responsibiltyu of you PPi sale" So if First National - GE money sold me the policy, and they were not regulated, surely Aviva who were should not have dealings with G E money. ?
                                Any ideas what to do next PLEASE.
                                Gill x
                                Arh right yes I did see this one, sorry.
                                This one made me think that maybe in your actual case they were not the underwriter for this account, and it may have been the same underwriter as mine (as addressed on my letter) have you still got a copy of the letter? x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X