• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Underwriter success PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Underwriter success PPI

Hi there,
    I have been reading all the great work your doing.
    its very informative.
    I was wondering if you could help me with my issue(S)
    Please send me on my way if I am in the wrong thread.
    my husband had a £10.000 secure loan with black horse back in Dec 2004.
    just missing the banks fos)
    (The First Payment Due 0n 1/02/05)

anyway it had Payment protection of £1915.18 + interest of 12.9 % payments of £314.00 per month
    to my knowledge we didn't ask to refinance until may 2007

when He received the pack we noticed that the payments would go up to £415.63 per month
    we also noticed PPI added. which he called black horse to say we didn't want PPI and never did!
    he was fine about it, But as we were quite desperate for the money he said he would give us £2000.00 with a little ppi added until the
    'Papers were Drafted & Could get the house secured.my husband said that it already was secured
    He replied that no it wasn't secured.
    when the redress letter came.
    BH informed us we had 4 agreements
    we apparently refinanced £15000 in November 2005 with no PPI added
    I have looked on our bank statements and cant see any money going in.
    But Our payments did go up?? my husband thought this was variable interest £335
    also a £2000.00 loan which may be right as to see us over as explained.
    BH have said they will pay for the redress 11 months we supposing had it when our thought was we would get 27 months we paid.
    any help will be very much appreciated
    X
    Thank You
    KG
    xxx

Comment

Hi Skintmember,

the he thing to do is to write to Black Horse ( no telephone calls) and ask them to explain in a very clear manner how they have arrived at the redress figure. If you think it should be higher, then explain to them how you have arrived at your figures/conclusion. Don't be put off or intimidated by them and if you cannot get a satisfactory answer, then write to the CEO.

hope this helps,

:beagle:

Comment

Hi folks,

I know that many of you have been successful with your reclaims from Genworth; and for that I am absolutely delighted for you.

Many of you will know that they have changed their policy and now seem to be declining/ rejecting claims.

i have found that they way they have treated me has been very unsatisfactory, bordering on rude; so I am going to take them to the small claims court for compensation.

I like this system and have found it works well.

I may lose but I feel very strongly about this. I am fed up being treated with a lack of respect!!!

I will keep you posted.

best regards,

Comment

So sorry I havent been about lately folks, been doing some upgradings to our house, been nosing now and then and will try my best to help and respond when i can.
          For anyone who requires my letter via underwriter/insurer pm me and will be checking in as much as i can throughout day/night.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Excellent info from our lovely friend L'pool thank you honey! x x :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Hello Di
            I am new to this site and was hoping you maybe able to help with a template letter
            After numerous reply from Santander refusing to refund the PPI I am now taking the complaint to Genworth
            I am complaining for my mum who is know 74 she took out a Debenhams store card in 2000 which had PPI at the time she was not told she was agreeing to PPI
            She was of retirement age she was registered disabled due to severe arthritis she was also widowed and has no partner so the insurance was void from the day she signed
            She is still paying this premium as I have only recently realized that this was happening after helping her with her finances
            Fingers crossed you can direct me in the right direction x

Comment

[QUOTE=joejo;457584]Hello Di
              I am new to this site and was hoping you maybe able to help with a template letter
              After numerous reply from Santander refusing to refund the PPI I am now taking the complaint to Genworth
              I am complaining for my mum who is know 74 she took out a Debenhams store card in 2000 which had PPI at the time she was not told she was agreeing to PPI
              She was of retirement age she was registered disabled due to severe arthritis she was also widowed and has no partner so the insurance was void from the day she signed
              She is still paying this premium as I have only recently realized that this was happening after helping her with her finances
              Fingers crossed you can direct me in the right direction x[/QUOTE

Welcome :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Yes I shall get this with you for asap by pm.

So sorry Santander never backed down, did you also try the Manager? And use some of the info posted by our Victoria on the other thread of "Your experience with Santander" if not it may be worth another go, but by all means, I shall get the letter to you shortly x :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

[QUOTE=L'pool64;457118]Hi Skintmember,

the he thing to do is to write to Black Horse ( no telephone calls) and ask them to explain in a very clear manner how they have arrived at the redress figure. If you think it should be higher, then explain to them how you have arrived at your figures/conclusion. Don't be put off or intimidated by them and if you cannot get a satisfactory answer, then write to the CEO.

hope this helps,

:beagle:Thanks for the reply your very kind unfortunately we had asked for for signed agreements to be sent via telephone. After waiting 1 month we received them yesterday
                loan one the original loan 10k plus ppi is signed which is being upheld as paying 11 installments

the second one we apparently signed... A signed copy
                (No monies were allocated to us we were skint members lol. So I don't see how we could have benefited I need to do my sums! I believe loan 2 is actually loan agreement loan 3 which is 15k as we have an unsigned copy of this with ppi this loan as we have a unsigned copy with ppi added .

Loan 3 2k + ppi they say no ppi
                (not loan agreement one) BH Say because it's over 6 years they don't have the information anymore I have even though it's loan
                the loan agreement 4 one Also a rundown of paying both loan agreements paying loan 2-3 off the we have paid for 69 months 334 monthly
                any info would be gratefully received
                regards
                Thank You
                KG
                xxx

Comment

Hi Skintmember,

please bear with me as I need to break things down into "small chunks".

Start with the last point first. The one about the loan agreement. If you have a look at my recent post concerning the Data Protection Act and obtaining information, you will see that I refer to the "6 year" point. I can tell you that it is an extremely efficient company that destroy all their records after 6 years. As it happens I am also "fighting with" "Black Horse", below is a copy of my letter to them which you are welcome to use and amend.

(Start)

"We wrote to you last year requesting details of loans that we have had with Black Horse over a period of years. This was in connection with a PPI claim. We had the paperwork returned confirming that, as we had not supplied agreement numbers and, the loans in questions had been paid off more than six years ago, you were unable to assist. The one loan that we did have details of did not have PPI attached.

We now enclose the requisite fee ( £10.00) for a subject access request and would be pleased to have all information that you hold on each of us dating back as far as your records go.

Following on from my research and a conversation with the ICO, customers, on presentation of a Subject Access Request, are entitled to receive all the information that a particular institution hold on them. It is irrelevant whether this information goes back 5 years or 15 years. The exception to this rule is if that information has been completely and irrevocably destroyed. Please take this letter as a "Subject Access Request" for information.

Below is an extract from the Subject Access Code of Practice:

"Electronic records

In most cases, information stored in electronic form can easily be found and retrieved. However, as it is very difficult to truly erase

all electronic records, it is arguable that a requester might be entitled to request access to personal data that you do not have ready access to – because you still hold the data and, with time and varying degrees of technical expertise, you could retrieve it.

You are likely to have removed information from your ‘live’ systems in a number of different ways. The information may have been:

• ‘archived’ to storage;
                  • copied to back-up files; or • ‘deleted’.

Archived information and back-up records

Electronic records

In most cases, information stored in electronic form can easily be found and retrieved. However, as it is very difficult to truly erase

all electronic records, it is arguable that a requester might be entitled to request access to personal data that you do not have ready access to – because you still hold the data and, with time and varying degrees of technical expertise, you could retrieve it.

You are likely to have removed information from your ‘live’ systems in a number of different ways. The information may have been:

• ‘archived’ to storage;

• copied to back-up files; or • ‘deleted’.

Archived information and back-up records

Generally speaking, information is archived because, although you wish to remove it from your live systems, you decide to retain a copy in case it is needed in the future.

You should have procedures in place to find and retrieve personal data that has been electronically archived or backed up. The process of accessing electronically archived or backed-up data may be more complicated than the process of accessing ‘live’ data. However, as you have decided to retain copies of the data for future reference, you will presumably be able to find the data, possibly with the aid of location information from the requester. So you will be required to provide such information in response to a SAR.

Electronic archive and back-up systems might not use such sophisticated search mechanisms as ‘live’ systems, and you may ask a requester to give you enough context about their request to enable you to make a targeted search. The requester’s ability to provide it may significantly affect whether you can find what they want. Nevertheless, to the extent that your search mechanisms allow you to find archived or backed-up data for your own purposes, you should use the same effort to find information in order to respond to a SAR. "

I am aware, having been told by your staff, that you hold customer records dating back to the early 1990's. I have enclosed as many details of the loans in question and look forward to hearing from you with the requisite period of 40 days.

Should you feel that you are unable to assist us, we would be happy to escalate this issue to the Information Commissioners Office." (End)

i don't know if you can afford the £10 for the subject access request; you can decide if it is worth it. I can tell you that Black Horse do keep loan records longer than 6 years but, they are filed by agreement number not name. Whether or not they have yours, I don't know. However, according to the Data Protection Act, if they have the records and you have paid the money, they have to give you the information, no matter how much trouble it causes them.

fight them on this!

Now to the other points; what they have sent to you is copies of agreements, not explanations of their workings out? I still believe that you need to go back to them and ask for a full explanation of monies owed and, send the letter to the CEO. Recorded delivery will ensure that there is a record of it arriving, or you can use e mail.

one last bit, these companies do not care; how this is resolved is only important to you. If you believe that you are owed more money, then keep at them until the explanations that they give you are crystal clear. The onus is on them to do that! Look at Victoria's post and you will see that she had to write as many as five times, when she should never have had the cover in the first place!

i hope that this is of some help to you. Don't let them wear you down!

Best regards,

Comment

Loan 1 12.9 % 10k 21st December 2004 First payment says Jan 21st But started February payments £314.87 over 48 months 11 payments made

loan 2 November 2005 £15000 no PPI this was to pay off loan 1? Payments £335.12 over 60 months
                    first payment came out February over 60 months ot a statement that says first payment £335.12 no payment came out in January but we had remortgaged so didn't need a loan at the time so I wonder why no payment was taken

loan 3 10-5-2007 £2000 + ppi £423.00 1 payment came out according to my credit file I believe this is the In between time from us saying we didn't want the ppi
                    Fixed sum loan 34.9 apr?

loan 4 £15000 no ppi £15000 62 months to pay off loans 2-3 with payments £334.09 APR 13.9% with just £1063.00 coming our way
                    i don't know about mis selling ppi but mis-selling the loans
                    Thank You
                    KG
                    xxx

Comment

Still jumbled up sorry
                      Thank You
                      KG
                      xxx

Comment

:tung:
                        Thank You
                        KG
                        xxx

Comment

Can anybody tell me if the first loan redemption figure

I first would like to establish if loan 2 was I fact viable

£10.000 + £2685.44 = £12685.44 APR 12.9 % monthly interest rate 1.016

Ppi added £1914.18
                          interest rate monthly interest rate 1.016 apr 12.9

[Total charge for credit] total amount payable £2428.32

Total payments made £314.87 x 11 = £3463.57

Surely this wasn't enough to pay off the first Loan?
                          no settlement figure was given.
                          thank you
                          Thank You
                          KG
                          xxx

Comment

Hi all,
                            having had my claim rejected by Debenhams/Santander I am having similar problems with Genworth , having seen the threads from Di who seems to be the authority on this kind of problem I wondered if you could send me a copy of your template letter as I'm determined not to give up without a fight!
                            Many thanks

Comment

Hi Di, Turbo, Bill K and all.

Just popped on but still not too well so just a quickie.

Di... can you please send me a template letter of claiming against the underwriter/insurer route. I will explain all in time (maybe another 3 years again lol).

Take care all and sorry it was short.

xx

Comment

Mich60 and Marshallka, pm'd with letter :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Good luck both, and welcome back Marshallka and welcome to LB Mich60 x x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X