• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Who Calls Me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Calls Me?

We got a call yesterday from a number 0121 469 0045. Who Calls Me? suggests this is a scam. We are TPS registered and should not be receiving the call. Unfortunately my wife took it, so they didn't get the questions I'd have asked. We have it all recorded though. If anyone has a land address for this number I'd be interested.
    Tags: None

Re: Who Calls Me?

Don't have an address but they are part of a gang.

http://www.phonespamfilter.co.uk/phones.php/01214690
    'I don't see why everyone depends on me. I'm not dependable. Even I don't
    depend on me, and I'm me.'

Comment

I have had some very strange no,s ringing, i just dont answer, i always google it, but some are unidentifiable

Comment

give me a liittle while Labman, your answers are on the way

Comment

ok info so far,

0121 is biiiiiiiiirmingham innit (like me accent Brummie??)

Phone Prefix 0121 4690

CITIES: Birmingham

Carrier: Net-Work Internet Ltd

Prefix Change Date: 2007-09-01

Comment

Have trawled through Who Calls Me and some one has posted this

These calls originate from a Spanish based company trading in the UK as Purple Pig Claims and the quicker all their phone lines are barred the better. A telephone number quoted on their website seems to be permanently engaged otherwise I would express my views directly to this bunch of scammers.

http://www.purplepigclaims.co.uk/

PURPLE PIG CLAIMS:
            Terms and Conditions
            These are our Terms of Engagement for the appointment Purple Pig Claims
            Membership:
            • Our annual membership is charged at £250.00 plus VAT and will expire in 12 months from the date of this agreement. We will always contact you to discuss renewal once your membership has expired, no renewal fee would be automatically taken or presumed.
            • You may have to pay additional costs if ourselves or our partners are successful in claiming compensation on your behalf, this will only be applicable once a service has resulted in a positive outcome and your compensation or saving has been received, A breakdown of these fees are available on request.

Terms and Conditions
            To act on the Client’s behalf in all aspects of the administration & negotiation of the claim for Mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance, Mis-sold Endowment Policies, Excessive Credit Card Charges & Mis-sold Mortgages.
            Purple Pig Claims is a trading name for Park lane Financial Services S.L.
            1. Definitions
            1.1 “Claims(s)” means the Client’s claim(s) against the Company relating to unlawful account charges or the sale of unsuitable financial products. It includes claims on the Client’s principal account or policy and any subsequent accounts or policies resulting from further cash advances; account or loan reconstruction.
            1.2 “Client” means the policyholder/account holder(s), whose details are set out in the Letter of Authority and who have appointed Park Lane Financial Services S.L. to provide the Services;
            1.3 “Company” means the Financial Institution and or persons to whom the Letter of Authority is addressed being the Insurance Company, Bank, Building Society, Credit Card Company or Financial Advisor or any other entity which sold the policy or gave the advice to the Client, or applied the unlawful charges (including for the avoidance of doubt any employee, director, agents, representatives and associates of said entities or any other entity and/or any of their predecessors);
            1.4 “Compensation” means the aggregate of any sums paid, awarded or waived at the time of such payment, award or waiver that would not have been paid, awarded or waived if the Claim had not been made. This includes all charges or fees recovered plus interest, premiums & interest paid to the date of settlement, statutory interest payable on each premium to the date of settlement and any other amount, including rebates or any reduction of debt as a result of Park Lane Financial Services S.L. submitting a complaint.
            1.5 “Purple Pig Claims.” means this firm, a trading name of Park Lane Financial Services S.L. claims handler, registered at claimsregulation.gov.uk MOJ number 14104
            1.6 “Fee” means the fee of 25% + VAT at 20% of the Compensation (As defined in section 1.4) paid by the defendant financial institution. The fee is payable to Park Lane Financial Services S.L. for the Services carried out by it. For example, if we recover £1,000 compensation, our fee would be £300.00 (inclusive of VAT) and you would receive £700.00. The VAT rate is subject to change due to government directive.
            1.7 “Letter of Authority” means the letter included in the claim pack to be completed and returned to the Company from the Client.
            1.8 “Services” means the services provided by Park Lane Financial Services S.L. including assessing the viability of, preparing, submitting and negotiating of your Claim.
            1.9 “Cancellation fee” means the fee applicable on the cancellation of the contract as set out in 3.6 below. The basic rates used for this calculation are £30 per hour for Administrators, £50 per hour for Claims Handlers and £120 per hour for Partners and Senior Managers.
            1.10 “Terms” means these terms of engagement.
            2. Conduct of Engagement
            2.1 By signing and returning the Letter of Authority, the Client hereby agrees to be bound by the Terms and appoints Park Lane Financial Services S.L. to provide the Services for such period as to allow Park Lane Financial Services S.L. to assess, and if reasonably possible, to complete the Claim.
            2.2 By signing and returning the Letter of Authority, the client authorises Park Lane Financial Services S.L. to refer the Claim to the Financial Ombudsman Service or to a Solicitor if this is believed by Park Lane Financial Services S.L. to be in the client’s best interest.
            3. The Client Will:
            3.1 by completing and signing the Letter of Authority give Park Lane Financial Services S.L. his/her/their consent and full authority to deal with the Company on the Client’s behalf and to obtain relevant information from whatever source on a continuing basis.
            3.2 deal promptly with every reasonable request by Park Lane Financial Services S.L. for authority, information and documents and further instructions that Park Lane Financial Services S.L. may from time to time require. Failure to do so may result in the contract being deemed as cancelled by the client. Refer to 1.9 above.
            3.3 promptly inform Park Lane Financial Services S.L. of any relevant matters affecting the Claim.
            3.4 hereby assign his/her/their entitlement to any Compensation to Park Lane Financial Services S.L.. The Client hereby agrees to the Company remitting the Compensation to Park Lane Financial Services S.L. and for Park Lane Financial Services S.L. to retain the Fee before paying the balance of the Compensation to the Client.
            Notwithstanding such agreement, should the Compensation be paid direct to the Client, Park Lane Financial Services S.L. will invoice the Client for the Fee which will become immediately due and payable by the Client to Park Lane Financial Services S.L.
            If this fee is not paid in full within 14 days of the dated invoice it shall be deemed a termination of the Agreement and will fall under clause 3.6 below;
            3.5 give Park Lane Financial Services S.L. the right to deal exclusively with the Claim, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Client and Park Lane Financial Services S.L.
            3.6 subject to clause 3.7 below, if this Agreement is terminated by the Client for any reason, the client must pay Park Lane Financial Services S.L. either its reasonable costs incurred in pursuing the Claim to the date of termination (cancellation fee), or if the Claim has already been submitted by Park Lane Financial Services S.L. and Park Lane Financial Services S.L. proceeds with the Claim and the Claim is successful, the full fee or the cancellation fee, whichever is the greater;
            3.7 if the Client terminates this Agreement and Park Lane Financial Services S.L. proceeds with the Claim, if the Claim is unsuccessful and no Compensation is payable to the Client, the Client will not be liable to pay a fee or the cancellation fee referred to in clause 3.6 above or any monies whatsoever in respect of the Claim;
            3.8 for the avoidance of doubt not be liable for any charge in respect of the Claim if the Claim is pursued and the Company pays no Compensation;
            3.9 give Park Lane Financial Services S.L. the right to cancel the PPI policy from the start of the claims process.
            4. Park Lane Financial Services S.L. will:
            4.1 rely on the information and documents provided by the Client to Park Lane Financial Services S.L. as being true, accurate, and complete. Park Lane Financial Services S.L. will not audit, test or check such information or documents except where it is under a legal obligation to do so;
            4.2 use all reasonable endeavours to obtain the maximum Compensation for the Claims which are pursued;
            4.3 accept no liability for an unsuccessful Claim or for the amount of Compensation paid to the Client;
            4.4 promptly notify the Client if the Claim is not to be pursued. It is at the sole discretion of Park Lane Financial Services S.L. to decide whether or not to proceed with the Claim at any time during the claims process but Park Lane Financial Services S.L. must act reasonably in taking any such decision
            4.5 promptly notify the Client of the outcome of the Claim;
            4.6 as soon as is reasonably practicable following the settlement of a Claim and the payment of Compensation by the Company to Park Lane Financial Services S.L. , pay the Client the balance of the Compensation, after deducting the Fee;
            4.7 preserve confidentiality, including the Client’s personal information (even when this Agreement has terminated and the Client is no longer a client), save as expressly or implicitly authorised to the contrary including where disclosure is made at the Client’s request or with the Client’s consent in relation to pursuing the Claim or where otherwise required by law.
            5. Disclaimer
            5.1 Park Lane Financial Services S.L. accepts no liability for any loss suffered by the Client by entering into this Agreement and specifically in the event that no Compensation is paid to the Client by the Company. Any claim by way of consequential damage arising out of any act or omission or commission by Park Lane Financial Services S.L. is specifically excluded.
            5.2 You are aware that you could complain directly to the Company at no cost, with the ability to take matters further with the Financial Ombudsman Service yet still wish to pursue your complaint via Park Lane Financial Services S.L.
            5.3 Please note your loan or credit card provider may use some or all of the compensation to reduce any outstanding loan or debt balance.
            5.4 Please note you have 14 days (which starts from the date of verbal consent and or payment)to cancel your authority, instructing us to act on your behalf.
            5.5 Full details of Park Lane Financial Services S.L. internal complaints handling procedures are set out below.
            Complaints Procedure

The Company operates a complaints procedure details of which are set out at 'What to do if you have a complaint'
            5.6 Park Lane Financial Services S.L. is regulated by the Ministry of Justice in respect of regulated claims management activities; our authorisation number is 14104
            6. Governing Law
            6.1 This Agreement shall be subject to the laws of England and Wales.
            7. How your compensation will be paid.
            7.1 The Company, and not Park Lane Financial Services S.L., will decide how they award the Client their Compensation depending on whether the loan or credit agreement that the Claim relates to has been repaid in full.
            7.2 The Fee (as defined in section 1.6) charged by Park Lane Financial Services S.L. for a successful Claim will be the same, regardless of how the Company chooses to pay the Client their Compensation.
            7.3 Example 1 – The Client has fully repaid the loan related to the PPI policy that the Claim is being made for. The Company decides to pay the entire Compensation of £2500 to the Client as “cash in hand” so the Client receives a cheque for the full £2500. Park Lane Financial Services S.L. would charge a total Fee of £750, which is 25% (plus VAT at 20%) of the Compensation.
            7.4 Example 2 – The Client still owes the Company £5000 on the loan related to the PPI policy that the Claim is being made for. The total Compensation owed to the Client by the Company is £2500. The Company decides to pay £1500 to the Client as “cash in hand”, and to reduce the amount owing on the loan by £1000. In this case the Client receives a cheque for £1500 and now owes the Company the reduced amount of £4000 on the loan. Park Lane Financial Services S.L. would charge a total Fee of £750, which is 25% (plus VAT at 20%) of the Compensation.
            7.5 Example 3 – The Client is in arrears to the value of £3000 on the loan related to the PPI policy that the Claim is being made for. The total Compensation owed to the Client by the Company is £2500. The Company decides to use the entire £2500 Compensation to reduce the arrears on the loan. In this case the Client would now be in arrears to the reduced value of £500 on the loan related to the PPI policy that the Claim is being made for. No cheque would be sent to the Client. Park Lane Financial Services S.L. would charge a total Fee of £750, which is 25% (plus VAT at 20%) of the Compensation.
            8. Interest & Late Payment of Fees: Without prejudice to any other right or remedy Park Lane Financial Services S.L. shall be entitled to claim interest on the late payment of Fees at the Bank of England base rate plus 8% per annum calculated on a daily basis from the date that payment becomes due until the date payment is received in full and final settlement of the Fees. In addition to the 8% interest Park Lane Financial Services S.L. will be entitled to claim compensation. For an unpaid debt of up to £999.99 - £40.00 is claimed; for an unpaid debt of between £1,000 -£9,999.99 - £70.00 is claimed and for an unpaid debt of £10,000 or more - £100.00 is claimed.
            * A fee may be payable if case is not pursued at client's request.
            Park Lane Financial Services S.L. is regulated by the Ministry of Justice in respect of regulated claims management activities; its registration is recorded on the website claimsregulation.gov.uk
            hyperlink: https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/...y=-1&status=-1
            Our authorisation number is 14104 | Call our hotline today: 0845 38 45678
            This information is NOT financial advice. For financial advice you must contact a qualified financial advisor.

Data Protection

We will hold, control and process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. By providing your personal information to us, you explicitly authorise us to process the information for the purposes set out in this paragraph. You can, at any time, request a copy of all information we hold relating to you by writing to us (a written Data Subject Request Notice in accordance with the Data Protection Act). You will be charged an administration fee of £10.00 for this. We will use the personal information you provide to assess the merits of your claim for compensation and carry out our duties in accordance with our Agreement. We may share your personal information with other companies if necessary during the process of your claim for compensation or any other financial matters we believe may be of assistance to you. If you provide information to us about another party, you confirm that such party authorised you to do so and con

The only problem I see is the incoming office is based in Sunderland. (?!) Spose thats not to stop you having a Birmingham outsource office!

Comment

scam then?!!!!
              Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Hold fire DT, i remember a similar thread (looking for it as we speak) where a company were wrongly accused of this. Seems theres a company called Purple Pig who are Spanish and doing this to the other company's detriment.

Agreed, there are complaints about the Sunderland office driving people nuts with cold calls, but I want to double and triple check before I call the scam card.

Comment

ok wont holding fire, but had similar but this time to do with a pension, however withheld number so no proof if it was the same

Comment

ok DT im calling the scam card!

Purple Pig Claims is a trading name for Park Lane Financial Services S.L.

Park Lane Services a.k.a. First Step Debt Elimination, from Fuengirola, Spain

Labman *118 118 recorded message voice* The number you require is 0845 2864076

Comment

There seems to be a few lately, the pension one a ppi one and a personal injury.
                      Posted else where but the one I got was on answer phone missed the name as the computerised voice started before the end of the "leave your message after the tone!"
                      Witheld number which I never pick up any way.TPS seem powerless to stop them.

Comment

it is my sad duty to report, there is no alt number on say no to 0870

Sorry "Dad"

Comment

Not a scam, possibly. However, I believe they're not allowed to cold call are they? Sorry, first steps into CMC's and not an area I really want to get into. lol

However, if I can help the cause by reporting them, I've a recording of the call and I'll duly report.

Comment

It appears they can cold call you if you are notTPS registered and are xdirectory. The MOJ say that at some point you must of ticked the box on an application form somewhere that you wanted some marketing details. I never one ask for marketing stuff but once dealt with an application on the phone and then my data was then stolen along with millions of others. This cold calling is where I believe my marketing calls are coming from an this is hard to prove.

Originally posted by labman View Post
                            Not a scam, possibly. However, I believe they're not allowed to cold call are they? Sorry, first steps into CMC's and not an area I really want to get into. lol

However, if I can help the cause by reporting them, I've a recording of the call and I'll duly report.

Comment

We are definitely TPS and ex directory. Like you I cannot 100% guarantee never ticking over the phone though.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X