• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court papers and CPR 31.14 non compliance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court papers and CPR 31.14 non comppliance

How does this sound?
    "Further to my letter of 20 October 2012 when I requested copies of the documents
    mentioned in the above ‘Particulars of Claim’ under the provisions of CPR 31.14,
    I write to advise you that unless I receive the requested documents by post by
    Monday, 19 November (a full three weeks after you should have provided them), I
    will apply for an order compelling disclosure from the courts and seek the costs
    in doing so."

Comment

Better to phone and speak to the claim handler direct as then they can't say they never got it etc. IMHO.

M1

Comment

Yes - as instructed I was going to follow up with phone call tomorrow.

Comment

Just checked emails and read receipt shows yesterday evening's e-mail to solicitor re disclosure of docs was read by the recipient. What now. Do I still need to phone or just wait till Monday's post?

Comment

Up to you. I say phone them as you'll get more information from speaking to them even if it's not the information you want.

Make sure it's the case handler and not the first person to answer the phone that you ask.

M1

Comment

He's apparently in a meeting until after lunch so will try again then. Thanks.

Comment

Keep records of this as it will be good evidence. It may well be true but then again ...

M1

Comment

Have you nade contact by phone yet ?

M1

Comment

Yes and no. I tried 2nd time on Wednesday ~ 2pm and was told he was not around until 5. So I tried again at 5 and 'he was away from his desk'. I left message asking him to e-mail with an update of their progress. Unfortunately I was not able to make any calls yesterday or this morning. As you can guess there has been no email from case handler. Shall I have one more go this afternoon?

Comment

The more evidence you have, the better. (even though in this case it shouldn't be needed anyway)

M1

Comment

Surprise, surprise - he's away from his desk. Colleague looked at the file and confirmed 'info requested from client but nothing back yet.'
                        So I obviously won't be receiving the docs. by the deadline of Monday's post so on to the next stage. What's next? I've made notes about the 4 calls chasing them up.

Comment

N244 application for disclosure with an order to comply or the claim is struck out.

M1

Comment

Sorry to be a dummy but I've drafted a N244 app and order for you to look at but can't seem to upload. Saved as jpeg but using the 'insert image' above asks for URL?
                            By the way - have been reading Yorkshire Bee's thread re Arrow/Bryan Carter. What's the difference between N244 app and draft order or the 'AQ' stage and a draft order for Directions. They seem to be trying to get the same result.
                            When is the AQ stage reached?
                            Last edited by ruthles112; 16th November 2012, 19:14:PM. Reason: more questions

Comment

Underneath the reply box click "go advanced" then click the paperclip and upload to site etc.

M1

Comment

draft enclosed hopefully. Thanks for the tip!
                                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X