• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

several calls from same person

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• several calls from same person

I have had several calls from no,s beginning 0161, but ending with different no,s,i believe these calls are all from someone saying they are from microsoft, but i have read that these are a scam to get bank details, telling people they need help with their computers, can anything be done about these,
    I dont answer,but i am so fed up with them
    Tags: None

Re: several calls from same person

Is this any help?

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2012/1...-and-messages/

Comment

write them down and report them to the police babes

Comment

Puffrose offers an elegantly simple answer.

An alternative would be to report them to your Trading Standards in your LA. Some have people dedicated to this task because it is often the most vulnerable that get sucked in by it.

Either way note the number and report it. TPS is no use in these circumstances.
        'I don't see why everyone depends on me. I'm not dependable. Even I don't
        depend on me, and I'm me.'

Comment

Originally posted by puffrose View Post
          write them down and report them to the police babes
          With what complaint. The OP does not know these are calls trying to get bank details, it is at present only supposition. There isn't even a definite number from which the call is being made yet. Several calls does not amount to harassment,so what exactly would you expect the police to do other than log it?

Comment

logging it as a suspected scam is a start, they may be able to warn vunerable people etc.

unwanted contact via a private telephone line, nusicence calling, theres a few complaints that can be made.

Comment

try putting the number on "who calls me"
              http://whocallsme.com/
              Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                try putting the number on "who calls me"
                http://whocallsme.com/
                Problem is the OP hasn't got a number yet!

Comment

Thought they had, she said they began 0161 with different numbers after that. If not sorry
                  Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Thanks for replies,yes i got the nos,i have caller ID but i meant they all started with those digits,but ended with different ones, i looked on who calls me,and they were foreign apparently., but other people said they were scam calls supposedly from microsoft,
                    Sorry they were 0160,no,s, -01607625991, 016075628715, 016077954626
                    Had none today

Comment

I suspect they originate from German mobiles.

Comment

Oh...vonn....seex....oh.....seffen.

Das ist Deutsch, nicht wahr?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X