• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

private rented heating issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• private rented heating issues

Hey

Im having a lot of issues at the moment seeing as its getting colder.
    I have lived in my flat for 2 years now and every autumn/winter i am frozen. All i have for heaters is convection heaters stuck to the wall. i have to have them on for over 3 hours in order for it to be warm. i sit here in gloves and scarf its that bad. does my landlord have to supply better heating if i complain? i dont want to complain if all im going to get is a no

thanks
    Tags: None

Re: private rented heating issues

Hello Smadge

As I understand it, your landlord only has to keep existing heating in serviceable condition.
    Have the heaters been checked to ensure they are working properly? I believe these heaters are designed to heat up at night when electricity is cheapest and release heat gradually through the day. Is the clock that runs them pre-programmed, are you able to adjust their cycles?

What is your landlord like? I'd be surprised if you could demand he installs decent central heating, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to ask.

You may find a plug in wood/coal effect fire may help improve your temperatures. I had one of these in my old flat and it was so nice to have a focus of warmth in the room. I got mine from Homebase for about a hundred pounds.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

hey
      thanks for your response. your thinking of night storage heaters, they those. they are these cheap things you buy in shops for extra warmth in a room but its my actually heating.
      i am frozen all the time and they cost me a fortune. i dont mind asking them but they moaned when i had to have one replaced, they were making out i was being fussy

Comment

I know that this sounds really weird but, my hubby is a tool freak, hes never happier than when hes up to his ears in oil and car parts, and I swear he only buys some things cos they are SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINY!!

Anyhoo.. I was looking for a xmas present and looking to see if i could help anyone and I found this.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/se...ategory/page/1

its basically at wholesale prices, you dont need a company to buy from them and it may save you a fortune!

Sorry for the link Cel im not spamming.. Honest

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X