• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Kensington Mortgages- Can you help on rates for KSVR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kensington Mortgages- Can you help on rates for KSVR

Any ideas how I should take on the shortfall? my idea is to reduce it as much as possible and then offer 50% as FF, what can I fight on? xxx

Comment

We were with kensington and were repossed if they are as helpful rgarding paying off or reducing the shortfall as they wernt in helping us you have 2 hopes bob hope and no hope never knew or dealt with a bunch of t-----s who didtnt give a s--- about anything but getting their money or taking our home

Comment

or add fees when you have problems which compound the matter.
        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

There must have been excessive charges?

Have you sent an SAR to Kensington to get all your statements ( if you don't already have them) as to what charges have been applied to your account? Some charges you just cannot get back like legal fees but many can be reduced and that may help you reduce to them what you owe on the shortfall.

You can go back 12 years with mortgages and I am sure as eggs are eggs you will have mountains of charges which can be challenged as they would have been excessive.

Comment

They did get " fined" didnt they?
            I did get some charges back and do intend to do an SDAR as soon as I can.

Comment

same here, they aleardy refunded 545 but i want thousands, lol, as a quick not, got quick quid to write off the full loan of around 300quid so RESULT!

Comment

Kensington were one of the sub-prime lenders thrown into the mix when i was in the process of having my life stolen by way of a fraud so i would say do a SAR on Kensington and request your complete file from the solicitor that handled your conveyancing for the mortgage. Find out who the estate agent was that valued your property for the mortgage, check he didn't value the property for the purpose of the mortgage and not the true market value when you took out the mortage.

Depending on when you took out your mortgage house prices that were rising did the lenders no favors because if you had a mortgage at 85%LTV and the value of the house went up the mortgage companies were finding they only had 80% or 75%LTV, in some cases 50% or less depending on how much the house went up, this severely affected their ability to win so many repossession hearings as the householder had higher equity than when the mortage was obtained and gave the borrower a window to obtain further and higher lending for similar payments they currently had if more time was available to them, which is why the lenders HAD to win asap.

You need to get all the available paperwork from all sources, including survey & valuation reports, try to obtain evidence of other house values on the same street at the time of taking out the mortgage and when it was sold after repo and question everything. Try and obtain any copies of any valuation reports your old neighbours may have had done during that time period, especially if they used the same surveyor or firm of surveyors, and triple check your original mortgage agreement, there seems to have been a mad rush for lenders to offer to accept between £15,000(i know of) and upwards to get you off their books and onto a new lenders, maybe because there are fundamental irregularities in the original mortgage offers.

Keep digging and asking questions, the answers are there somewhere, we just have to figure out the answer to each individual case as they arise.

A friend of mine asked me the other day if it was possible for the lenders to manipulate the values of houses on a particular street and after thinking about it for a while i had to say yes. The reason i said yes, which i explained to him, was that the lenders always had a stock of repossessed houses that they could sell at any time for whatever price covered their losses, as opposed to getting true market value.

If they wanted to lower the values of properties in a certain street or area they let these houses go for i.e. £50,000 less than other comparables in the area, the next time a valuation is given based on comparables they can value compared to the ones they have released onto the market at way below what is real and that has a knock on effect on the other properties in the area, driving down prices.

The result: Private Landlords buying up repo'd houses to rent out and once they have totally devalued the houses on a certain street by renting to wasters and scum, which drives out the decent people, they then clean up the street by selling a couple of houses at a time, normally another private landlord, for higher than they paid, to make it look like the area was up and coming and then selling all their houses a couple at a time until the comparables made them a very comfortable profit over the medium to long term.

Let me know your thoughts and opinions!

Comment

sounds right! I have a lot of paper work, but will sar them anyway just to incur costs for them, my mortgage was sold from unity to kensington without notice or permission, I understand they can do this but surely the terms conditions etc would have to remain the same at least untill my fixed rate ended? I'm progressing with the FOS at the moment so will see what tehy say, if they bought my mortgage for less can they still claim the full amount? Ive not heard from reeds rains who sold the house, are they obligated to provide me information from the sale? I'd had it valued arounf 65 just before repossession and it went for 46!! they minused over £3000 for sol fees etc if I conclude my action witht he fos, am I still able to go to court? thanks for the above post! always helps to have stuff spelled out in detail! if I can get it reduced by even half thats a big win!

Comment

Also i always used the provided solicitor, so have action takin via ashton fox for mortgage misselling but to honest not expecting much they have been a bit rubbish so far.....

Comment

Hi KGF,

I have some interest rates dating back to 2006 if you are still interested.

Comment

Not heard from OC send him a load of my interest rates (thankfully removed personal details)
                        He claimed to have a court hearing in January but not heard or read a thing just feeling a little bit conned but still tring to get an admission from Kensington regarding miss selling.
                        I have written proof that LIBOR was used and linked with Barclay's as well.

Comment

PLZHELP!! I would love to see the figures as well? particularly any fromm 2007-2010? thanks!

Comment

think they may be earlier in the post, did post themon check no not on this thread.
                            Kensington still seem to use different rates for different people.

Comment

Another denial today about PPI at the start when I have two forms with it on from the broker who were "owned" by Kensington, it stinks.
                              I suppose now its a full SDAR?

Comment

VR Libor
                                28/12/06 5.40 5.25
                                01/04/07 5.70 5.55
                                01/07/07 6.00 5.85
                                01/10/07 6.8 6.65
                                01/01/08 6.8 6.6
                                01/04/08 6.55 5.75
                                01/07/08 6.55 5.90
                                01/10/08 6.45 5.8
                                01/01/09 4.95 3.95
                                01/04/09 3.05 2.05
                                01/07/09 2.30 1.30
                                01/10/09 2.30 0.70
                                01/01/10 2.30 0.65
                                01/04/10 2.30 0.65
                                01/07/10 2.40 0.75
                                01/10/10 2.40 0.75
                                01/01/11 2.40 0.75
                                01/04/11 2.50 0.85
                                01/07/11 2.50 0.85
                                01/10/11 2.55 0.90
                                01/01/12 2.70 1.05
                                01/04/12 2.75 1.10
                                01/07/12 2.75 1.00
                                01/10/12 2.60 0.70
                                I hope these are of use. Can anyone help with what companies are under the black and white group ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X