• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

insert title here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: insert title here

Originally posted by PKea View Post
    My problem was that they would take the money out of the account on saturday for a payment on monday. My argument was that until monday I had the right to withdraw the money.
    That infuriates me, i went into the branch a couple of saturdays ago to deposit money, as i realised they had cleared me out in anticipation of the mondays DDs.
    I queried it with the cashier, who tried to tell me it was to make it easier for ME as i couldnt spend the money as it was already gone!! i kid you not!

Comment

That information is total nonsense for starter stevo. The issue is that the Bank Of England clear accounts on working days so, Saturday is not classed as a working day and any items due to go out on Monday will show on the saturday(i should not shout this too loud but that also is the same for payments INTO an account on Monday). If the Bank Of England start opening on a Saturday then things will change so that it will show on a Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattie View Post
        That information is total nonsense for starter stevo. The issue is that the Bank Of England clear accounts on working days so, Saturday is not classed as a working day and any items due to go out on Monday will show on the saturday(i should not shout this too loud but that also is the same for payments INTO an account on Monday). If the Bank Of England start opening on a Saturday then things will change so that it will show on a Sunday.
        I know it works both ways, the missus gets paid every monday, but her wages clear on the saturday with the mondays date on it.

I dont know if it is just RBS/nat west who operate like this, but i know LTSB dont as i was with them for 12 years, and any money went in or out on the actual date it was ment to.

Comment

Thats another £38 charge added today, thats £184 in 4 days. I cant add funds till friday which is payday, so in short, ive had a couple of DDs declined which i still need make further arrangements to pay and my account is and extra £184 light.

Makes me sick

Comment

PS letter requesting refund of all charges since january is in the post.
            I have added a note that i dont want to be fobbed off by claims that the oft case is pending blah blah, i will be pursuing it through the scottish court and as such it will be fingers Xd that i dont get a daft judge who is willing to stay/sist my case.

Comment

Charges accrued over xmas have now topped £500.

Received response from RBS informing me that no claims will be dealt with until the conclusion of the OFT test case.

So, i guess its off to court.

It will be something of a lottery though, as some judges are accepting claims, and others are accepting the stay/sist applications from the banks.

Update to follow

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X