• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Northumbria Central Enforcement Unit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northumbria Central Enforcement Unit

Last Thursday I received a phone call at work from someone stating they worked for the above company. They didn't say who they needed to speak to or what it was about but they asked me for a phone number for our company's pay section as they wanted to set up an Attachement of Earnings.

Was just wondering if anyone knows who/what this company is and what they 'enforce'
    Tags: None

Re: Northumbria Central Enforcement Unit

hello and welcome to LB if you havent already been welcomed

please hold fire about this. I am seeing some worrying things online and would like to consult a more senior member if I may. In the meantime if you get a call from them again, please note the number and give your h/o telephone number.

Comment

I have never heard of them, but thats not to say that they are not who they say they are. I would have thought that if they were an enforcement agency they would in the first instance have written to you. How would they have your details at work to phone you. They sound more like debt collectors than someone selling something or trying to trace someone.

To be safe DO NOT give anyone over the phone any of your personal details or those of others and that is your date of birth, home address, national insurance number and credit card/bank details or any other information that they may ask you.

I believe they were phishing for information?

Originally posted by Mr McG View Post
      Last Thursday I received a phone call at work from someone stating they worked for the above company. They didn't say who they needed to speak to or what it was about but they asked me for a phone number for our company's pay section as they wanted to set up an Attachement of Earnings.

Was just wondering if anyone knows who/what this company is and what they 'enforce'

Comment

Do you have any unpaid fines? Does sound like a HMCTS unit.

Comment

its an actual court dept PT, but there are reports on who calls me about this please accept this website:
          http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/03007909901

I'm concerned the OP is being scammed, as there are many reports of this sort of thing.

I have suggested the OP retains the number and we can cross reference to see if it IS infact the correct people.
          I will see if i can find a telephone number, maybe the OP can call them and check it is a REAL contact.

opinions please.

Comment

Marston Group were recently found to be pushing dodgy letters through people's doors, bearing HMCTS and Devon & Cornwall Police logos, which Devon & Cornwall Police and HMCTS Devon & Cornwall knew nothing about. Don't rule out Marston Group up to their tricks. The best way to check this out is to contact HMCTS headquarters in London tomorrow. If it is Marston Group or one of the other certificated bailiff companies under contract to HMCTS, this needs to be pursued with HMCTS at headquarters level and nipped in the bud pronto. In my experience, any request for information connected with Attachment of Earnings Orders is normally in writing and sent directly to a person's employer. I agree with Puff and Tuttsi that there is something decidedly dodgy about this.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

BB your clever, is Northallerton, Newcastle, Hartlepool or Northsheilds in Northumberland?
              or can anyone think of a northumbrian town?!?

Comment

I found a reference to this:

Page 7 refers to the Northumberland Centralised Enforcement Team

in this:

http://www.official-documents.gov.uk.../1281/1281.pdf

Don't know if it's the same thing.

Comment

if its this number 03007909901

its a scam from what I'm hearing.

Comment

0300 is a voip number.... north allerton is derbyshire....

Comment

Originally posted by puffrose View Post
                      BB your clever, is Northallerton, Newcastle, Hartlepool or Northsheilds in Northumberland?
                      or can anyone think of a northumbrian town?!?
                      There is a Newcastle in Staffordshire and another in Tyne & Wear. Northallerton is in North Yorkshire. Hartlepool is in Co. Durham. Northshields is in Tyne & Wear. However, the police force that covers Tyne & Wear is Northumbria Constabulary.
                      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

0300 is also being used by government bodys such as courts etc. Manchester county courts section uses a 0300 number, but i recently got through to a call centre in leicestershire. 0300 123 1372 get's you through to the money claim centre at po box 527 salford M5 0BY. call that number and ask if the unit can recognise the number you were called on. if it is within the HM then it should show on the data-base.

Comment

there is also an allerton in Manchester and Liverpool..

Comment

can you post the link to 'who calls me' PR or where you found that this is a scam?

Originally posted by puffrose View Post
                            if its this number 03007909901

its a scam from what I'm hearing.

Comment

this is the post i found

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/03007909901

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X