• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Renew the piccie on your Driving Licence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renew the piccie on your Driving Licence

So the other day we both got a nice brown envelope through the door, from the DVLA and it is a nice form D798 saying that its time to renew the picture on your driving licence, you can either have a new picture and take it to the post office or you can apply online as long as your passport was renewed under 5 years ago and they can import the photo and signature from that.
    Oh and they are charging £20 for this.

FFS, another way of raising money.

I'm sodding furious, just spent 20 mins filling in all the online questions and then it says you need to give the details of your paper licence and photo licence, so I have to dig the paper one out tonight and do it again tomorrow.

Rant over grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Would mind I updated my passport last year after getting married and that cost me over £90 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Tags: None

Re: Renew the piccie on your Driving Licence

Bumped for drivers

Comment

I don't have to do it,,cos I gave up driving as part of my Care For The Community Inniative,,,being as wot I is as blind as a bat plus I wanted to HAND it in before they MUGGED me for it,,t'was a power thing

Comment

Mine has to be done in January next year I may do the use the same as my passport pic that was done this year it's always about making money with them... However my current driving licence photo is awful everyone says it makes me look like myrahindley which I most deffo do not oops
        nic xo

Comment

Just a small bit of advice before sending off your licence. Photocopy the front and back of both card and paper part. The DVLA has been known to send the new licence with wrong driving catogories or to omit entitlements. Then unless you have proof of what you are allowed to drive, it is almost impossible to get the DVLA to fix it. To the extent that some even have to resit their test before they can drive again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/..._the_dock.html

Comment

Thanks Shell I've done both of ours online today so we don't have to send them off till the new ones arrive, but we'll make sure we have all the right categories, much appreciate the advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X