• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unsigned will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsigned will

Hi my wife's grandmother has just died and was in the process of changing her will as her son had taken most of her money and had not been treating her as well as she deserved. Social services had stepped in to help and got him to return some of her money. When she found out what he had done she told them she did not want to see him ever again which is when she started to change her will, it was all ready to sign but she became ill and sadly died. Now we have been told he old will will still be valid but that leaves everything to her son who had took her money from her and only returned it when told the police would be informed. Any help would be greatly received as I would like to be able to carry out her true final wishes thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Unsigned will

Unfortunately you will have to challenge the will in court.

Comment

You would do best to consult a legal professional who is familiar with Probate Law.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

You should heed Bluebottles advice and get legal advice,Wills are notoriously difficult to overturn and only an expert in Probate Law will know if it's likely to happen in your Grandmothers case. Unless it's signed and witnessed the new will probably won't stand.

Comment

I'm sorry this is not encouraging, I don't think there's much you can do. A Will is either valid or not, and if the new one wasn't signed it's not valid.

Comment

Not sure if this is relevent but this actually has happened.
            A famous local person ( think turkeys) died last year, had a valid will and left a large amount and property to his mistress his adopted children have successfully had this declared void.
            Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

He had dementia tho didn't he? Just been through the whole Will and estate business,and unless or until you can prove,beyond reasonable doubt,that the first Will was written under duress,or fear I think you will have a huge battle on your hands.It's sad when this happens.

Comment

not sure about that possibly
                you do need some one that knows about this
                Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X