• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NHS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHS

My Wife and I have made a complaint against our local hospital recently. We have got ICAS involved and hoping to have a meeting with hospital management. The responses we have received from the hospital so far has been somewhat floored with inconsistencies of information, times and dates and we feel that we're not getting all the information they have also they seem to be dodging our direct questions. What we need to know is can we simply send then a subject access request to find out our required information or is there another way of doing this? Many thanks.
    If Knowledge is Power . . . . . . .Then I Could Easily Light an L.E.D
    Tags: None

Re: NHS

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1309.asp...categoryid=160

Should help I think
    Enaid x

Comment

Thank you for your link Enaid

Comment

Would we be able to get a copy of letters/emails sent between departments or hospitals as I don't know, but would imagine these items would not be kept in medical files.

Comment

It is VERY hard to access this sort of information. I was lucky in that I had one consultant (out of three) who was willing to actually tell me the truth.

I wish you luck in your endeavours!

Comment

You can ask the organisation you think is holding, using or sharing the personal information you want, to supply you with copies of both paper and computer records and related information.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/personal_information/how_manage/access_info.aspx

Acccording to the ICO 'and related information' that is what i understand you to mean by your question

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
              It is VERY hard to access this sort of information. I was lucky in that I had one consultant (out of three) who was willing to actually tell me the truth.

I wish you luck in your endeavours!
              Its the consultant thats the slippery fish unfortunately

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X