• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Finally Divorced but still in the same property-together!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Divorced but still in the same property-together!!!!

We own the house, jointly. Not a lot of equity in it due to recession and high mortgage, possibly 60k. Chances of selling could take a long time. His reluctance to disclose everything is causing major hold ups in the financial settlement and he obviously is hoping to walk away with everything for himself. What is my legal status if I leave the property? Would I still have to pay half of the bills to keep my stake in my property or only half of the mortgage. He is showing no signs of leaving, hoping to stick it out and gain as much as possible for himself. I really cannot be expected to live with someone I am now divorced from, surely, and I am not stupid enough to risk losing what is legally mine. I want to have something for my kids, after 28 years of marriage, even if he thinks he should have it all. There was no bad circumstances to the Dirvorce, just a mutual irretrievable breakdown. Any advice much appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X