• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another MSN virus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another MSN virus

A colleague of mine has just unwittingly tried to send me this file

are these your pics? http://msgrpics.net/?msn=jo_********@hotmail.co.uk

Obviously I have taken part of the email address out, but it was my working msn address.

So just thought I would give you a heads up that it's doing the rounds, so be careful and don't accept anything until you have verified that the person sending it is sending you something legit.

Last edited by Paule; 16th December 2007, 21:16:PM. Reason: Removed link

Re: Another MSN virus

Originally posted by Delta View Post

Another thing to note is that there are variations of this web address.
    ie they aren't all msgrpics . net.

Another point is that once you click the link you will be asked to download a file.
    1. Do not download the file as this is the trojan
    2. Do not click the link in the first place, even if you don't accept the download, they have now logged that the email address is a valid one.
    3. If you don't get asked whether to download and it does it automatically, CHANGE YOUR SECURITY SETTINGS NOW

Comment

Re: Another MSN virus

Hi Delta,

There are so many of these doing the rounds, only last week whilst talking to crash on MSN I was sent a file with that very message. I didn't open it but I do suggest everybody downloads a copy of windows defender, set it to do a full virus scan firstly and then a scan daily at a set time. The download is free and will protect your computer and precious time.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Best wishes,
      Hod...Liam..
      Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X