• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stupid Partner!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Partner!!

Have never been in debt in my life, but my partner has an outstanding debt with Natwest, which has thrown a huge spanner in the works of our mortgage application! The debt was transferred to Bryan Carter and Co Solicitors around 3 years ago when my partner lost his job and defaulted, but he has dutifully paid it ever since. I don't understand how all this works, as I stated, have never personally been in debt. If we go to Natwest and ask for the 'middle-man' (Bryan Carter) to be cut out of the equation, and for my partner to pay Natwest back directly, would this be possible? Does it work that way? I've read absolute horror stories about this Bryan Carter, and don't want them involved in any aspect of my life.
    Tags: None

Re: Stupid Partner!!

I don't know whether you have any capital behind you, nor how large the outstanding balance is on your partner's debt. However, if you have got capital, it could be a very worthwhile move trying to negotiate a Full and Final settlement with Nat West, especially as he's being paying it religiously for three years. Was interest ever frozen? What was the debt for? Was it something on which he had ppi?

IMO you should explore these avenues initially.

Comment

The debt is for around £6,000, and was a personal loan from Natwest, which he defaulted on when he lost his job. He claims he was approached by B Carter and just did as they said, which has resulted in him paying a measly £35 a month, which I'm assuming is interest only. I guess my only option is to speak to Natwest in the morning, as I don't know if B Carter is just dealing with the debt, or whether Natwest has sold it on. 9 weeks away from giving birth.. I could sooo do without this right now! Thankyou for your input

Comment

Uncle Bryan is known for being somewhat naughty about the way he conducts business. Watch him.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

You will probably have to speak to B.Carter as the account has probably been passed on to them to deal with. Ask them for a settlement fee as they will know what NatWest will accept .

As he has kept up with the payments you should gert a good offer.B Carter will be payed by NatWest to get there money back for them so they will be willing to cooperate.
          You will probably find your partner will have to speak to them due to confialitualy laws. Don't worry about B .C. DEBT COLLECTING COMPANIES ONLY GET NASTY WHEN YOU ARE REFUSING TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS OR DEFAULT ON YOUR AGREEDED PAYMENTS. As your partner is up to date there shouldn't be a problem.
          If you can pay it off it will make abig diffrence to your credit rating.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X