• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

caught for shoplifting;RLP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caught for shoplifting;RLP

bit ashmd to say that caught for shoplifting at TKMAX yesturday...it first time... the police being called na dthe photo being taken..but i gave false address and date of birth at that time as i was so scared . they gave a print out from RLP company. still with only my name they can trace me?if RLP send me letter and they dont find me its big problem? what should i do?

pls help pls
    Tags: None

Re: caught for shoplifting;RLP

Hi Popolillly and welcome to Legal Beagles.

First question, did they recover any alleged stolen goods intact and in a saleable condition? Second question, who took your photo? Third question, what action did the police take? Fourth question, how were you treated by TK Maxx? Fifth question, when you say "shoplifting", could you be more specific, please? Some people say they have shoplifted when, in fact, this isn't necessarily the case.

Btw, I am a retired policeman, but I do not agree with the behaviour of retail security staff and CR companies.

Please post better details, if you can. This will enable us to help you.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

they got back the goods (worth less than £25) in saleable condition,they take my photo,the police write done my detls in his notebook,they treated me so badly one man was keep on shouting and they said they were watching me in cctv...i actuly was waiting in Q TO PAY but bad evil force me not to do that .. the store people also said this....i feel so scared

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
        Hi Popolillly and welcome to Legal Beagles.

First question, did they recover any alleged stolen goods intact and in a saleable condition? Second question, who took your photo? Third question, what action did the police take? Fourth question, how were you treated by TK Maxx? Fifth question, when you say "shoplifting", could you be more specific, please? Some people say they have shoplifted when, in fact, this isn't necessarily the case.

Btw, I am a retired policeman, but I do not agree with the behaviour of retail security staff and CR companies.

Please post better details, if you can. This will enable us to help you.
        they got back the goods (worth less than £25) in saleable condition,they take my photo,the police write done my detls in his notebook,they treated me so badly one man was keep on shouting and they said they were watching me in cctv...i actuly was waiting in Q TO PAY but bad evil force me not to do that .. the store people also said this....i feel so scared

Comment

Hi

I think the first and most important question is, did you give a false address to the police?
          This is never a good idea and could land you in more trouble than the RLP could ever dish out.

D

Comment

Retailers don't have a right, in law, to take your photograph if they detain you, although the police do under the Police & Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE). Were you allowed to view the CCTV footage at all? It is very easy for retailers to make allegations to the police, but you have a right to see any evidence they say they have and to challenge it. Could you please confirm if you are from an ethnic community, please, Poppolillly? Something you have written in one of your posts suggests English is not your first language. If this is, indeed, the case, I am concerned about the behaviour of the retailer's security staff.

Comment

Originally posted by davyb View Post
              Hi

I think the first and most important question is, did you give a false address to the police?
              This is never a good idea and could land you in more trouble than the RLP could ever dish out.

D

but with my false add and date of birth do u think still they can trace me out?

Comment

hi,

the problm is not cctv and behaviour ,i am ashmed to agree but i have done that so the problem that the address and date of birth i gave to shop and so copied by police is wrong ..how it gona affect me? still they can trace me? all the shoplifters go stright to criminal record? if so since my dob and address is not mine when i do crb they can trace me? please answer my questions....thank you i m so sorry for my action and its a lesn for me....

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                Retailers don't have a right, in law, to take your photograph if they detain you, although the police do under the Police & Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE). Were you allowed to view the CCTV footage at all? It is very easy for retailers to make allegations to the police, but you have a right to see any evidence they say they have and to challenge it. Could you please confirm if you are from an ethnic community, please, Poppolillly? Something you have written in one of your posts suggests English is not your first language. If this is, indeed, the case, I am concerned about the behaviour of the retailer's security staff.

Comment

It would help us to help you, Popolillly, if you could tell us exactly what happened leading up to the alleged matter and afterwards. The way you are writing posts suggests to me that English is not your first language and I am somewhat concerned about the behaviour of TK Maxx's staff. It can be very intimidating the way some retail security staff behave and have you believing you have done wrong when, in fact, it is quite possible you have not.

Particularly, I am concerned about any comments or remarks they were making to you before the police arrived and what they said to the police.

Comment

hello,

they caught me ouside the shop with the stolen goods in my hand.they take me to inside room and start taking details out saying i being watched in ccv tv as well i didnt challange it cause i know thats true.police came as tehy called i dont know what he told to police and police copied my details..i agve wrong DOB and address ....pls tell me how does it gona affect me... will i get cr?...any probs by giving wrong details?.... i u can give answer for this question...

Originally posted by popolillly View Post
                    hi,

the problm is not cctv and behaviour ,i am ashmed to agree but i have done that so the problem that the address and date of birth i gave to shop and so copied by police is wrong ..how it gona affect me? still they can trace me? all the shoplifters go stright to criminal record? if so since my dob and address is not mine when i do crb they can trace me? please answer my questions....thank you i m so sorry for my action and its a lesn for me....

Comment

Are you seeking advice on the Police or RLP?

If you've given a false name to the Police, that is not good. see post 5.

We can't really advise what will happen on that front. We would be guessing.
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Retail security staff do not have any power or right, legal or otherwise, to demand personal details from shoplifters, alleged or otherwise. You use the term "stolen goods". Is that your term or that of TK Maxx's security staff? If English is not your first language, I am somewhat concerned about the actions of not only TK Maxx's security staff, but that of the police also. There are very strict laws, in this country, governing the way in which those whose first language is not English are treated by others.

Comment

popolilly - Can you also confirm your age at the time you were held by TKMaxx as the way you have written your posts suggests that not only is english not your first language but could be that you are actually just a young teenager. If you are under 18 then this could open up a whole lot of trouble for TKMaxx and the Police Officer involved.
                          Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Many thanks for bringing that up, Teaboy. PACE also has strict requirements concerning minors. As you quite rightly say, TK Maxx and the police force involved could open up a Pandora's Box if the OP is a minor.

Comment

hello,

its not ..i am above 18 .... i gave my name as correct but my date of borth and address was wrong.... my current job place may do a CRB soon,so even though my details are not correct i m going to be picked in CRB ?

Originally posted by teaboy2 View Post
                              popolilly - Can you also confirm your age at the time you were held by TKMaxx as the way you have written your posts suggests that not only is english not your first language but could be that you are actually just a young teenager. If you are under 18 then this could open up a whole lot of trouble for TKMaxx and the Police Officer involved.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X