• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow & Court Papers What to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow & Court Papers What to do?

I have received court forms for a debt which doesn't say who it's for, just gives a claimant name and account number?

The claimant is Arrow Global and the address for sending payment and documents is to Restons solicitors.

"Claimant claims payment of overdue balance for a contract dated on or about xx/xx/2004 and assigned to the claimant on xx/xx/2011 for the sum of £1067.00 and then gives an account no. xxxxxxxxxxx.

How do I find out who and what the debt is for? Is there a procedure I should go through I have always had good advice from this site hope someone can help my please?

I would like to defend myself if possible.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Lizzy1
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow & Court Papers What to do?

Lol so they have issued a claim against no one then. In order for their claim to be valid they must provide the full and correct name of the alleged defendant.

I would write to restons, thanking them for the court papers, but as they have not stated whom the defendant is and instead failed to put any name in as to the defendant and as you do not acknowledge any such debt, then their claim form is invalid and would be struck out automatically. I suspect this to be the case given they have included an address for sending payment and documents too.

Though i wouldn't be surprised if this was not actually official court papers, but simply a ploy to get you to pay a debt. Can you post up what they sent you minus the account and claim numbers? That way we can tell you if they are official court papers or not, and if they are you will need to also contact the issuing court.

Plus if this were your debt, which you probably can not tell given the lack of details thay have given, then if last payment or acknowledgement was over 6 (5 in scotland) years ago. Then i would be statued barred anyway and they would not be able to enforce via court
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Hi

I think the OP means that the name of the original creditor is not on the claim.
      If this a N1 you need to reply on the document enclosed and state that you know nothing of any debt. If you don't they could go for a default judgment.
      I believe ou may be able to do this online.

D

Comment

claiments name is arrow global, but it doesn't state who the documents were for, in otherwords who it is that they are taking to court with their claim.
        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Could be , but how would the letter have found the OP?

Arrow Global are a debt purchaser. Perhaps the OP should clarify.

D

Comment

Well i assume they simply just posted it to his address, maybe had his/her name on the envelope, or maybe no name just address. Point is, if no defendant is named on the claim form it is invalid. As you can't claim against an unnamed person, that would be like trying to sue no one at all.

Comment

agreed , the OP needs to clarify; "I have received court forms for a debt which doesn't say who it's for, just gives a claimant name and account number?"

I take it to mean that he/she has received a claim but does not know who it is claimed she borrowed the money off.
              AG are one of the largest debt buyers and do occasionally get their wires crossed, and issue claims incorrectly.

D

Comment

Lizzie1 needs to be careful about giving her full name and address when writing to Restons as then they will have her details. surely better to send the paperwork back with a note that "residents at this address do not recognise this claim..."

Comment

True, but untill we see a copy of what they send her, we have no way of knowing if it was a legit court claim or a ploy by arrow and restons.

Comment

Agreed, TB2. Just a bit of caution when dealing with scambags is always safest course. Least correct information they have easier to catch them out in their lies.

Comment

Sorry for delay in getting back, thank you for taking the time to help.

It looks real to me has the county court stamp.

Will try and explain form?

Claimant is Arrow Global and gives there address in manchester.

Address for sending documents is restons solicitors giving there address in warrington

Defendant is my name and address.

In the section for particulars of the claim it says

The claimant claims payment of the overdue balance from the defendant(s) under a contract dated on or about xx/xx/2004 and assigned to the claimant on xx/xx/2011 the sum of 1067.00

Particulars a/c no:-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date Item Value
                      30/12/1899 default balance 1067.00
                      post refri cr nil

Total:- 1067.00

Is there anything else of importance on the form you need, it gives northampton county court bulk centre as the address.

Thanks

Lizzy1

Comment

Think we got our wires crossed.

The form doesn't say who the debt was with originally? So not sure what its for?

Lizzy1

Comment

Oh and issue date is 17 sept 2012

Comment

Hi
                            Yes it is as i thought.
                            You need to acknowledge the claim and defend on the grounds that you have no knowledge of any debt,

You need to do this within the period mentioned on the N1 otherwise you risk them getting a default judgment.

D

Comment

Oh gosh do I have to pay anything to defend myself?

And what should I actually say of the form?

Lizzy1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X