• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

GE Capital refuse ppi claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Capital refuse ppi claim

We contacted GE capital about recaliming PPi .we claimed we were not given the right advice buy a broker who sign the loan forms on behalf of First national bank ltd. Their reponse was that because ge captial did not sell the ppi and where not present at the time of the sale they say the feel unable to invetigate the complaint fully and fairly. and we should contact the broker we went though called Arcanum ltd , but they are no longer trading and said we should contact the administaors if i can identify them.
    The question is because the broker signed the forms on behalf of A GE capital company are they still responsiable or should we try the
    Financial services compansation scheme.
    Last edited by gem5nov; 22nd September 2012, 15:52:PM. Reason: missspelling
    Tags: None

Re: GE Capital refuse ppi claim

Hi
    Just wondered when the loan was taken out?

Comment

Hi and welcome

It would depend on what year the loan was taken out really, which is why gillwall's asked.

This is because the Financial compensation scheme (FSCS) are only able to deal with complaints if they were regulated by the FSA, where the main of the business's had gone to be regulated by the FSA as from 14 Jan 2005.
      So yes if this does apply to you, then contact the FSCS.

Failing that, you could otherwise try finding out who the actual underwriter/insurer was of the policy.

Comment

Hi Gem and welcome to you. As Di & Gillwall say, the date when the mis-selling took place determines who you will have to refer your complaint to if you cannot get satisfaction from GE - so this is an important factor. However, I would personally consider taking this further with GE first.

It's all very well GE saying "It was nuffink to do wiv me, guv," but they will have paid the broker a commission for selling the PPI, and therefore the broker could be seen as their 'agent.' If so, then they have to accept ultimate responsibility for their agent's actions. I'm not sure of the legalities of this, but Sparkie (aka "Sparktacus" !!!) recently posted something along these lines in his phenomenal Swift thread. Personally, I wouldn't let GE squirm themselves off the hook quite so easily.

Comment

Thankyou for the welcome. We signed for the loan 13th july 2005 and broker signed the loan off on the 19th july 2005.
          As we see it the broker signed behalf of GE capital so is the same as them being present.
          Last edited by gem5nov; 23rd September 2012, 11:49:AM. Reason: not complete

Comment

Hi honey.

In that case, Bill is correct, you do need to pursue GE, but these are now being dealt with by Santander, let me know if you need the address x

Comment

My hubby been dealing with GE, and First National were prior to these, where GE taken over them over with all liabilities, but they are still actually the same business, now complaints in regards of GE/First National are dealt with by Santander, and Santander address below, good luck.

Complaints
              Santander UK PLC
              PO Box 1125
              BRADFORD
              BD1 9PG

Comment

not going off topic

first national used to be lombard tricity finance in enfield, did it not

any confirmation

Comment

Hmmm not sure, but could be worth checking up on, just in case. Cheers

Comment

the reply we recevied was from Ge money home finance resolutions in watford, so should reply to them or re send copies of all paper work to Santander.
                    Are thought was to send a letter to them and then depending on their answer go to the FSCS.
                    Even though they say its their final responsie and the case is closed .it makes me wonder how they can say they only provided the finance and did not sell the PPI when it was all on the same agreement.

Comment

the reply we recevied was from Ge money home finance resolutions in watford, so should reply to them or re send copies of all paper work to Santander.
                      Are thought was to send a letter to them and then depending on their answer go to the FSCS.
                      Even though they say its their final responsie and the case is closed .it makes me wonder how they can say they only provided the finance and did not sell the PPI when it was all on the same agreement.

Comment

Hi there

Just want to double check on this, in case I've misread, basically then the broker who set up and arranged the finance was Arcanum ltd, and the bank that debited the payments were GE?
                        And Arcanum ltd are no longer active/running, maybe gone down under, dissolved etc?

If this is the case, then YES you do have to complain to Arcanum ltd (if they were the ones who arranged the finance), they would then pass on the application to the lender, if I have this correct, GECap?

Now if Arcanum ltd are no longer trading, and as they would have been regulated, then you would be correct in going the FSCS direction,

(sorry it appears that I got this the wrong way round earlier).

What I would do, is contact the FSCS by phone in the working week, and ask if they have the business listed with them, if so, then they will arrange sending you out a claim form in the post.

Do you have the contact details of the FSCS, or would you like me to post them up for you?
                        Otherwise google them in, and the details will come up x

Comment

Thanks for that. Have Fscs web site on favorites.

Comment

Good luck, please keep us posted, and any further questions, and help required anytime, just give us a yell.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X