• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Swift Advances problem

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Swift Advances problem

Hi any figure fr the APR?

Comment

we have both signed the loan agreement, I do not know what a legal charge document is and we have no welcome letter sorry. It does say further down the loan agreement the following "This Agreement is to be secured by a legal charge(in Scotland, a standard security and in Northern Ireland a mortgage deed) over the property" and then our address. I do not have a seperate document though that says legal charge document on it, sorry.

Comment

davy it states 22.1% APR (variable) under key financial information

Comment

Originally posted by john 1963 View Post
          we have both signed the loan agreement, I do not know what a legal charge document is and we have no welcome letter sorry. It does say further down the loan agreement the following "This Agreement is to be secured by a legal charge(in Scotland, a standard security and in Northern Ireland a mortgage deed) over the property" and then our address. I do not have a seperate document though that says legal charge document on it, sorry.

You must have signed a legal charge document.......contact you local Land Registry and ask if they have a copy of it...........Do you remember signing a document similar to this?? or the second example??

Comment

Hi yes that figure checks out for the APR, is there a figure for the interest charged( it is not the same thing)

D

Comment

no Sparkie I don't remember signing anything like that but it was nearly 6 years ago. Will find out wher my local land registry is

Comment

davy under Other Financial Information it says Rate of Interest 15.60% p.a. variable is that the one?

Comment

Hi

Yes that's the one.

I will check the figures and get back to you in the morning.

D

Comment

It is seldom that Swift make such a big mistake if ........you did not sign one of these documents...in any event as your wife has the First mortgage on your home YOU CANNOT sign a loan agreement secured on the property in any way........only your wife in her name ONLY could have obtained a secured loan on her property ...in law you have no interest in it....get a professional opinion on this and have that confirmed by a legal person....solicitor / barrister or qualified legal executive.

If what I am beginning to put together so far is correct....... Swift would not be able to obtain a court order for possession of your home.......... the legal charge and loan are unlawfully executed.

But get all the facts and evidence I have pointed you to so far

Sparkie

Comment

HI
                      Just before i go , do you have any statements of account for the term of the loan showing payments / dates charges etc?

D

Comment

no sorry

Comment

Two people asking completely different questions will confuse you John so I will leave the assistance to others.

Swift as I have said has been my SPECIALITY for 5 years.......I have some 4000 letters documents reports complaints about these less than helpful people .........you will never succeed on getting them to repay charges and fees..........maybe the odd couple of hundred while they continue to bleed you dry ........you have to look OUTside "Their little box of tricks" and stop them by other means

I'll pop in every so often to see how you are progressing

Sparkie

Comment

well if that's the case there is nothing I can do is there

Comment

Sparkie I have read on another thread about a Mr Richard Arkless at Ultimate Law, does anyone know if he still works for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                                Two people asking completely different questions will confuse you John so I will leave the assistance to others.

Swift as I have said has been my SPECIALITY for 5 years.......I have some 4000 letters documents reports complaints about these less than helpful people .........you will never succeed on getting them to repay charges and fees..........maybe the odd couple of hundred while they continue to bleed you dry ........you have to look OUTside "Their little box of tricks" and stop them by other means

I'll pop in every so often to see how you are progressing

Sparkie
                                That's a shame sparkie, you have some experience with Swift, i do not believe that there is anything wrong with approaching the problem from two directions, until a clearer picture of what can be done emerges.

D

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X