• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hello all at my wits end

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello all at my wits end

i am going crazy
    on 26 june i contacted halifax re ppi mispayment
    thats when the whole sorry mess started
    was given claim number
    phoned again on14 august for an update told i would get a letter in 3 days
    no letter
    phoned again 20 aug told would get letter at end of august
    no letter
    phoned 3sept and then was told my address did not match their files and they couln not discuss my claim further
    tried again on4 sept and they said i would have to go to bank and change address told them i was no longer with bank of scotland but they
    just ignored this and said i must change my address at bank of scotland
    went to bank of scotland and lo and behold they had no history of me as they had deleted all old accounts
    lady at bank was very helpfull and faxed my new address and id to halifax india claims centre and showed me proof of fax sent
    phoned again on 6aug was told fax would take 24 to 48 hours to be processed and i should phone bank to make sure it was sent
    told lady i had seen proof of fax sent but she wouldnt listen
    phoned today 7 sept told same story
    i feel i am getting nowhere
    its obvious my new address wont match my old one as i dont now bank with royal bank
    acct closed 7 years ago
    help what do i do next i feel i am in a catch 22 position
    Tags: None

Re: hello all at my wits end

hiya and welcome to LB if you havent been welcomed yet

your in the right place as we have the best PPI reclaimers in the biz I will see if they are online and pass your thread over... hold in there hun

Comment

Re: hello all at my wits end

Hi and welcome to you Boykie - and thank you Puff for your kind words !!!

This kind of behaviour seems to be fairly common, now. I have noticed that banks have become a bit 'difficult' where a PPI claimant no longer has an account with them. Their argument - which seems fair enough - is that they are obliged to ensure that they are not dealing with an identity thief, and also to ensure that your data is not sent to the wrong person. This makes PPI reclaiming more difficult, and adds further delay to an already slow process - which suits the banks, of course. Their PPI claims clerks are also inundated with claims, so they try and fob you off and hope you'll give up and go away - and I doubt if they are very well trained, either !!!

Look out for Di30, who has a lot of experience in dealing with these situations - poor kid !!!

Phoning these banks has its uses, but all too often you are put through to a no-brainer call-centre operator whose only desire is to get you off the line so that s/he can meet their daily quota of call 'servicing.' By all means phone them to keep them on their toes, but be prepared to be fed nowt but mushroom fertilizer !!!

You must back up what you are calling about IN WRITING - and also INSIST that they reply IN WRITING. My suggestion is that you allow the 48 hours they say they need, and then check if they now have acceptable confirmation of your identity and address. If not, then you will need to tell them IN WRITING that you have done all they told you to do to verify your identity and address, and if that is not sufficient, then the fault is THEIRS - and NOT yours !!!

A further personal visit to the bank branch would then perhaps be in order - and I would insist on seeing the manager and insist that the manager deals with the matter there and then. Make sure you get written confirmation from him/her of this, along with all names and departments of those involved. A letter to the CEO might perhaps be a good idea, too, and I'm sure that Di will agree !!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X