• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

McAfee Security and Windows 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McAfee Security and Windows 7

Bt Mcafee security does not work with windows 7 at all, it blocks everything, internet connection.. pages, your password and user name:tinysmile_cry_t:.
    if you want it removed you need to contact BT and badger them in to giving you the uninstall code (they dont like giving it out).

ATM I am borrowing Jess's laptop and have been connected to BT help for 3 mins, still waiting while they umm and ah about it, they are fully aware about the problem its on their help pages, its getting it removed that is the problem.

Believe it or not, it has blocked itself for my own protection!

(note, been on to them for 6 mins now and they STILL havent given me the code.. it doesnt exist apparently)

I've lost internet connection after a McAfee/BT NetProtect Plus update

We're aware that some of our customers have lost access to the internet after recent updates by McAfee. This issue has only affected certain operating systems but can be fixed by re-installing your security software.
    Affected operating systems:
    • Windows XP
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 7

If you have BT NetProtect Plus from BT and have been affected by this issue, you should re-install your software.

*bangs head repeatedly against wall*

it is now 9mins since I first requested this uninstall code, STILL havent got it

they now want to transfer me to the Mac dept... i haven't GOT a mac!!

Update when this mess is sorted!

P
    Tags: None

Re: McAfee Security and Windows 7

thread started 1730, 1837 STILL no nearer to a resolution

Comment

Inca e-delivers a LARGE glass of her favourite tipple x

Comment

thank Inca,it is now sat morning 9am and I am told the earliest I can even hope to have a resolution to this is Monday! Jess has kindly loaned me her laptop until this is sorted, but I am going to have to go all the way to Manchester and drop it off with her dad, who will take it to her when he goes to see her in Glasgow next (so proud she got in to Glasgow Uni!)

Does anyone know, what rights do I have to go to say PC World and say can you fix it, then bill BT cos this is ridiculous?

Comment

It has gone! I am back on my own computer, and Jess can get back to the E times table and other stuff that goes WHOOSH over her poor old aunts head!

Jess's boyfriend Neal called BT up and basically took them to task, saying that he was (and is) the Student Union Rep for Glasgow Uni and would be suggesting to the Uni a new ISP. He read all the error messages out and got the code within 4 mins! Then said now why wouldn't you give that to my aunt??

My suggestion to all, DO NOT install this software if you have Windows 7 or any of the above programmes

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X