• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Morgan Stanley/Barclaycard PPI Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morgan Stanley/Barclaycard PPI Claim

I held a Morgan Stanley Credit Card which was transferred to Goldfish and then Barclaycard.
    Barclay card have upheld my claim for mis-sold PPI but have said that they will only pay the premiums etc. relvant to Barclaycard and not Goldfish & Morgan Stanley.
    I have the old account numbers for Morgan Stanley & Goldfish, which are the same, and some Morgan Stanley Statements showing PPI premiums paid.

How do I proceed from here to get the PPI premiums etc, paid to Morgan Stanley & Goldfish refunded?
    Tags: None

Re: Morgan Stanley/Barclaycard PPI Claim

Hi and welcome

I assumed that if the business had taken over, then they would also take over all liabilities as well, so in this case they are to refund all you are entitled to, from what you have paid of the PPI to the account.
    I could be mistaken though, and maybe someone can clarify on this.
    Do you still have all the details of the account from when you first taken it out?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Hi and welcome

I assumed that if the business had taken over, then they would also take over all liabilities as well, so in this case they are to refund all you are entitled to, from what you have paid of the PPI to the account.
      I could be mistaken though, and maybe someone can clarify on this.
      Do you still have all the details of the account from when you first taken it out?
      Hi & thanks,

I have the account number but don't know when I first took it out.

Do I write to Barclaycard or go straight to the FOS?

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthepearl View Post
        Hi & thanks,

I have the account number but don't know when I first took it out.

Do I write to Barclaycard or go straight to the FOS?
        I would wait for other opinions first, hopefully someone will be along later and will go over this with you.

It could be that if it beyond 6 years and maybe they no longer hold the data for the old account, which if this is the case will still be the problem if you complain to the FOS.

Or a suggestion - if you have the contact number of the data dept contact them and ask them if they still hold any details from when you first taken out the account.
        It maybe a case of having to request a Subject Access Request (SAR). This is to request for all data they still hold on the account from when you first taken it out, some businesses will hold data for longer than 6 years and others do not.

If you want to request for your data under a SAR (if you've not done so yet), let me know and I can post up a template you can use and tweak to yoru requirements.
        With this you have to enclose the one off payment of £10 cheque or postal order, and they have up to 40 calendar days to comply.

However, they may just let you know directly if you contact them by phone of the dates, you can always just ask them to send you a written breakdown of the account, which should include what was paid of the ppi etc.

Comment

Apparently not all GoldFish/Morgan Stanley Cards got transferred to Barclays. So although this could be evasiveness from Barclays, it could also be the truth.

You must track down the actual owner at the time you were mis sold the PPI. A bit of googling should help.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/m...write-off.html

Looks like it could be anyone from LLoyds, Cabot, Hamiltons etc etc.........
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks for the advise.
            I will try Morgan Stanley and will let you know how I get on, although the account was trnsfer to Barclaycard card who have no record of the cca.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X