• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bryan carter solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bryan carter solicitors

Hi all

Having some hassle with BCS, will try and keep this short....

Basically have an old debt from a mobile phone contract, was originally orange now known as everything everywhere. Basically fell out with them and incurred some debt which was eventually taken on by firstly fredrickson, then lowell portfolio, now being manhandled by BCS.

I made a couple of payments to lowell with a payment card they supplied, then stopped and heard nothing til i recieved a court summons from northampton regarding a ccj that BCS had applied for, stupidly i ignored it til a hand delivered note arrived from a bailiff, to avoid anymore hassle i decided to pay up the amount on the letter received from the bailiff, £176, once i had paid this i assumed all was squared and that was that.

Had another letter from BCS today saying i still owe £280 and another ccj is pending that will incur another £176 so i called to query what the last payment had been to be told that £176 was for bailiff fees and not the original debt, foolishly maybe i offered a settlement of £200 to settle once and for all, which they refused.

Im a bit naive i guess in things like this, is it worth me raising the £280 to get these jackals off my back or am i being taken for a mug paying them anything? They seem to have quite a reputation, also as i have made payments have i no option but to keep paying?

Appreciate any help or advice
    Tags: None

Re: bryan carter solicitors

BALIFF FEES MY A--E

CARTER AS USUAL HAS GONE FOR HIS FEES FIRST THEN ISSUED A SECOND CLAIM FOR THE DEBT ITSELF WHICH IS CONTRARY TO THE COUNTY COURT ACT

SEND CARTER AN EMAIL/ LETTER AND ASK HIM WHICH BALIFF COMPANY THIS WAS FOR AND A BREAKDOWN OF THE FEES

you also need full details of this second claim including claim number etc
    Last edited by miliitant; 23rd August 2012, 07:10:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
      BALIFF FEES MY A--E

CARTER AS USUAL HAS GONE FOR HIS FEES FIRST THEN ISSUED A SECOND CLAIM FOR THE DEBT ITSELF WHICH IS CONTRARY TO THE COUNTY COURT ACT

SEND CARTER AN EMAIL/ LETTER AND ASK HIM WHICH BALIFF COMPANY THIS WAS FOR AND A BREAKDOWN OF THE FEES

you also need full details of this second claim including claim number etc

Hi

thanks for the swift reply, i really thought i had paid all this off, the letter delivered by this bailiff only asked for the £176, there was a box underneath stating amount left after this payment that was £208, I asked when i made the payment to the courts does this mean i'm all squared now andd they said yes. that was in April this year. heard nothing from BCS til yesterday when i received a letter dated 17th august that shows a balance now of £280 odd! and advising i needed to pay a minimum of £176 as a warrant was pending execution, this had caused an extra £76 to be added to the original £208, i asked them how can they justify charging £76 before they even let me know they intended to issue another CCJ, their response was 'you have had enough warnings' and once the warrant is in its 'pending' state they charge is valid.

they sound like a complete bunch of a-rs-holes, you wouldn't happen to have an email address i could send this mail to?

Comment

how do you know he was a baliff
        did he leave any correspondents, invoice, etc

can you scan the letter into your computer with personal bits blacked out, then google a program called photo bucket to upload the letter onto your thread

send carter a email asking for the claim number for both claims

admin@bryancartersolicitors.co.uk ...

seems uncle bryan is up to his old tricks again

Comment

Good point...

Will see if I have the original letter he left and scan in later

Thanks

Comment

Here are the letters, first 2 from april, both hand delivered, last one the latest dated 17 august

Comment

have you a copy of the original ccj judgement

Comment

Dont think so, thats all i have

Comment

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...tml6SP2w0t4PLQ

this will cost you only £4.00

it will tell you if you have a second ccj from uncle bryan

Comment

One judgement from 2009 says unsettled

Comment

what was the judgement amount

Comment

£498

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X