• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dvsl/cap quest harrasing me at work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dvsl/cap quest harrasing me at work

Good morning all, Well had 1 call yesterday at 7pm from Crap Quest, I said this call was being recorded and they proceeded to carry on asking for money, I then read out a brief statement regarding statute barred and telephone harassment, and asked only to be contacted in writing, to which a rather dim person said "oh are you not going to talk to me then" ummm not on yr nelly love, thought that never said it. And she hung up! How rude of her!!!!!! Feeling more positive now about this, as had some advice of a Legal person thats not to say that all your kind advice has not been great-it has. They are P***ing in the wind apparently after 6 years and they know it, just trying it on so ive been informed. They are like a skool of sharks around a corpse, well they aint taking any bites out of me or mine. I am sure they will carry on with there hounding but only by letter and if we do suddenly run out of loo roll it may be a bit crisp but hey im sure it would do the job:tinysmile_aha_t: !! Have a good day all.Maff81

Comment

The advice of a legal professional was advised in an earlier post, Maff, so there is absolutely no problem with you consulting one. The Limitation Act 1980 will leave any statute-barred debt dead in the water and the fact that CapQuest tried to chase a statute-barred debt and engaged in a course of conduct amounting to harassment, too, ain't going to go down at all well with OFT Credit Fitness Team. If they carry on their harassment by letter, I would be inclined to send another complaint to OFT Credit Fitness Team and Trading Standards.

I've just had a look through the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines and found CapQuest is in breach of the following -

Communication

3.3j and k

Physical/Psychological Harassment

3.7a, o, p and q

Statute Barred Debt

3.15b i, ii and iii
      3.15c

By my reckoning, CapQuest have contravened 11 elements within the Guidelines. In view of the nature of your girlfriend's heart condition - and I hope you let OFT and TS know about it - this could be considered a serious complaint by OFT and bring into question CapQuest's fitness to hold a CCA Licence. If the OFT impose requirements on CapQuest and they disregard the requirements, OFT can fine them up to £50,000 per instance. The ultimate sanction is revoking or refusing to renew their licence. I know what most people would prefer!
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi

Yes these companies specialize in buying unenforceable debt. They pay pennies in the pound for them in the hope that some people will just pay up without question.

Ir is amazing how many do. The problem is that the debt still exists even though it is statute barred, so they have something they can barter.
        Really it would make more sense if the debt was just totally extinguished after six years, this is what happens under the Scottish law(5 years).

D

Comment

Originally posted by davyb View Post
          Hi

Yes these companies specialize in buying unenforceable debt. They pay pennies in the pound for them in the hope that some people will just pay up without question.

Ir is amazing how many do. The problem is that the debt still exists even though it is statute barred, so they have something they can barter.
          Really it would make more sense if the debt was just totally extinguished after six years, this is what happens under the Scottish law(5 years).

D
          I totally agree with you.

Comment

Bluebottle,

Again the voice of reason, OFT were emailed with full account of what as happened including gf heart condition etc. Legal advisor said to wait and see if we recieve another letter as calls have literally stopped only that one last night which I think was to test us. I have a whistle here and if they phone again its going to be blown full blast down the phone or il just put them on hold for 10 mins, either way im sure they will get the jist. Maff81

Comment

Oh and another one even though they have had a letter telling them to stop at 5.51pm. What is wrong with these people. Guess its gonna take a few more complaints to stop these creatures.

Comment

P.S They are saying they have not rec'd the ltters even though I have checked with Royal Mail that they were indeed delivered to them. And that they are going to continue phoning until they receive a letter. Any dieas now as I have already complained to OFT and Trading Standards. MAff81

Comment

Originally posted by maff81 View Post
                  P.S They are saying they have not rec'd the ltters even though I have checked with Royal Mail that they were indeed delivered to them. And that they are going to continue phoning until they receive a letter. Any dieas now as I have already complained to OFT and Trading Standards. MAff81
                  Maff,

Make a second complaint to both. I'm going to put together a "Stop it or Else" Letter to send to CapQuest and will post it up later.

Comment

Afternoon, Had a letter from Crap quest today saying thank you for your recent letters(which they previously denied getting) and we are looking into your complaint in house, ha that should be funny, and we have put your account on hold, on hold i say it should be closed, well looking forward to what happens next as second letter is waiting ready to send to them if I receive anymore letters asking for money. Had no calls yesterday or today so far maybe they are realising that people can stand up for themselves and will, and that there are nice people out there wanting to help people with the knowledge and nowhow to put these pests at bay from harassing and begging people for money all the time. Have a good day people and enjoy the sunshine. Maff81

Comment

Originally posted by maff81 View Post
                      Afternoon, Had a letter from Crap quest today saying thank you for your recent letters(which they previously denied getting) and we are looking into your complaint in house, ha that should be funny, and we have put your account on hold, on hold i say it should be closed, well looking forward to what happens next as second letter is waiting ready to send to them if I receive anymore letters asking for money. Had no calls yesterday or today so far maybe they are realising that people can stand up for themselves and will, and that there are nice people out there wanting to help people with the knowledge and nowhow to put these pests at bay from harassing and begging people for money all the time. Have a good day people and enjoy the sunshine. Maff81
                      I think it may have something to do with what your OH read out over the phone to CrapQuest, Maff. Apparently, she could hear certain noises coming from the woman who rang from CrapQuest. One was definitely coming from her throat. Other noises she could hear may have been from her a...... Being told that you have broken the law, what laws you have broken and the penalties pertaining thereto does tend to have that effect on your body.

Comment

Hi people long time since I have been on here, but just to let anyone know who is having hassle from Capquest I sent the relevant letters as advised from forum members(Thanks) and then they tried to send me false bank statements saying debt was les than 6 years so I then called their bluff and said I was contacting relevant agencies to advise of Fraudulent Activity by themselves, and that was in Oct and since then have heard nothing. I was advised that they had dropped all claims as insuffeient evidence, Bullcrap they never had a leg to stand on, dont be scared, dont be fooled they are the spawn of evil who have no morals no manners and the worst of the worst of people working for them. Just do what Legal Beagle advisors tells you as they know what they are talking about and may I Thanks each of them who helped me, Happy New Year to one and all. Maff

Comment

Originally posted by MaryBurns
                          Do you really think writing a letter make this harasment call inactive,Perhaps it is .But its better go through online DND service and register your number with my signature,It will protect your number from unwanted ,sophisticated and malicious calls.
                          I think paying to use your service is a complete waste of money when the stamp to post the letter is cheaper and then gives you the chance to take them to course. Signing up for a service that is not based in the UK is completely foolhardy and a waste of your time. Good luck promoting the site
                          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X