• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot >Quantum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot >Quantum

Im drafting an email/letter to both cabot and Quantum

To ---

I recently received a letter from you stating that we have not come to a mutual agreement on repaying a debt with Cabot Financial.

This debt was taken to court and the Judge allowed monthly instalments to be made to service the debt, which have been rigorously met and recorded by Cabot.

Can you please confirm the situation?

Kind regards
    Bil

------------

Does this make sense?

Comment

If I phone the court tomorrow would I be able to get copies of the documents sent to me?

Comment

HI
        Yes it does , it sounds like the judge gave a forthwith judgment on the debt or a set time to pay. The creditor then applied for a charging to secure an agreed a repayment schedule.

I do not think that given that they would be able to change the terms of the agreement especially if it as been so long standing.
        They may ask for another Income and expenditure statement, i would give them one just to be on the safe side.

As i mentioned earlier it is extremely unlikely that a court would allow any kind of enforcement if an arrangement has been made and adhered to, but i would give the boys at Natdebtline a ring tomorrow just to put your mind at rest.

D

Comment

Thanks D

Will run them tomorrow - feel as sick as a dog this all being dragged up again.

Di you know if the court would keep copies oof letters sent and they would sen them to me?

Comment

Originally posted by bilbobaggins View Post
            Thanks D

Will run them tomorrow - feel as sick as a dog this all being dragged up again.

Di you know if the court would keep copies oof letters sent and they would sen them to me?

I don't to be honest, but there is nothing stopping you ringing them and asking. I am sure they will have a record of the type of judgment,(forthwith or installment) which is pretty much all you need. You could ask for a copy of the terms of the charging order to see if anything was mentioned regarding repayment.

Good luck, I am sure you have nothing to worry about.

D

Comment

Just a thought.

There are charging orders & charging orders.it depends if both the owners are part of the order,

Only if both / all owners are subject to the charge must the proceeds of a sale be awarded to the chargee.

Otherwise those selling must inform the "chargee" of the sale.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X